2020/2021 and 2023/2024 Facelift 4th Generation Kia Sorento

Carbon82

8 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Add the boxy MPVs to the list also can. The Tiplets, Stepwagon, Serena also can carry adults comfortably in 3rd row lah. Apart from these, maybe add Sharan/Alhambra and should be about it. The rest, think all can't say comfortable.

The alternative rides you mentioned are not acceptable for some here as they only want rides with shape of a normal car. For me, getting a SUV to fit a lifestyle with 7pax always need to compromise. Even though I love this Sorento, I love the new Carnival even more. I would want fuss-free access to 3rd row, preferably with a dedicated isle. Never like those that need to adjust here adjust there to do that, find it cumbersome to live with. So far I like the Sharan design that can tilt the 2rd row seat forward to gain access to 3rd row, very effortless.

But this being a Sorento thread, I will not go more off-topic lah.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

5 hours ago, teomingern said:

Agree except even for these large MPV, the third row like also not for adults leh...

wah ... then you better drive a bus lah

🤣

• Haha! 4

11 hours ago, Heartlander said:

New cars always have to pay premium price what. If you look at 3G Sorento pricing under sgcarmart, it hovers above $150k for quite long time also even this year. Just that these few months crash fast-and-furious to $141k due to new model launching.

True lah... better to wait for a few years for it to drop... haha

10 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Add the boxy MPVs to the list also can. The Tiplets, Stepwagon, Serena also can carry adults comfortably in 3rd row lah. Apart from these, maybe add Sharan/Alhambra and should be about it. The rest, think all can't say comfortable.

I always interested in the Serena... that propulsion system seems to be quite fuel saving... but don't know power can or not... the car is quite huge... sorry off topic...

Edited by teomingern

10 hours ago, Heartlander said:

The alternative rides you mentioned are not acceptable for some here as they only want rides with shape of a normal car. For me, getting a SUV to fit a lifestyle with 7pax always need to compromise. Even though I love this Sorento, I love the new Carnival even more. I would want fuss-free access to 3rd row, preferably with a dedicated isle. Never like those that need to adjust here adjust there to do that, find it cumbersome to live with. So far I like the Sharan design that can tilt the 2rd row seat forward to gain access to 3rd row, very effortless.

Yeah not easy to find something like that... even the Sorento I find super cramped at the back... I am only 1.75 m... quite cannot make it... never had chance to sit in CX-9 rear before but it looks cramped inside...

10 hours ago, Heartlander said:

I know what you mean, but ok lah. Sometimes must compromise. Once upon a time i also chose Wish over Picnic cos i felt Wish was more sleek and closer to a sedan, while feeling Picnic was van-like, esp cos its gear stick resembles those LiteAces that I had driven from young (my father used to drive vans). But at some point i started understanding that if want comfort, then the space need to come from somewhere, so am no longer adverse to the bigger MPVs, and hence the taller (boxy) ones too.

Sorrento and Carnival - do they have the same chasis? Carnival should be reaching SG Q1/Q2 next year. But i suspect will be priced maybe at Alphard level, or at least Sorrento+...

BTW, if you want big comfy enough for 7 with fuss-free access (aisle) to 3rd row, ever looked at infiniti QX80? Can't say it looks like a normal car though, this mammoth 😆

• Praise 3

33 minutes ago, teomingern said:

I always interested in the Serena... that propulsion system seems to be quite fuel saving... but don't know power can or not... the car is quite huge... sorry off topic...

There's a thread in Serena. Should have more discussions there. It has high torque for a v small engine.

• Praise 2

33 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Yeah not easy to find something like that... even the Sorento I find super cramped at the back... I am only 1.75 m... quite cannot make it... never had chance to sit in CX-9 rear before but it looks cramped inside...

SUVs are designed this way, so is bo bian. All SUVs have a decently longer bonnet when compared to MPVs, so if want 3 rows of seats, sure left with limited cabin space, unless it's super long. Even XC90 and Q7 do not have a lot of legroom for 3rd row, as they give more boot space behind the 3rd row, probably with a view towards safety too. 

Sorrento is already very good compared to most/all other 3-row SUVs, cos it uses space intelligently. I think it has a shorter bonnet so that it can have more cabin space. But of course cannot compare it to purpose-built large MPVs lah.

• Praise 4

2 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

I know what you mean, but ok lah. Sometimes must compromise. Once upon a time i also chose Wish over Picnic cos i felt Wish was more sleek and closer to a sedan, while feeling Picnic was van-like, esp cos its gear stick resembles those LiteAces that I had driven from young (my father used to drive vans). But at some point i started understanding that if want comfort, then the space need to come from somewhere, so am no longer adverse to the bigger MPVs, and hence the taller (boxy) ones too.

Sorrento and Carnival - do they have the same chasis? Carnival should be reaching SG Q1/Q2 next year. But i suspect will be priced maybe at Alphard level, or at least Sorrento+...

BTW, if you want big comfy enough for 7 with fuss-free access (aisle) to 3rd row, ever looked at infiniti QX80? Can't say it looks like a normal car though, this mammoth 😆

For now imostly following for interest lah. Just got my Steppie 6 months ago and still super happy with it. Cars ilike Serena, triplets, Steppie would have isle in 2nd row and plenty of space for all the rows. Just that the car shape is subjective to taste.

But even then dont think i getting anything that size since my memories with Vellfire still quite fresh. Really need more efforts to live with.

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, Heartlander said:

Those who have bought 3G Sorento early or own for a few years already, time to consider changing already since even now there are no other 7-seater MPV with better 3rd row seat space.

You will feel the dread only if you are stuck with current car due to whatever reason. I remember feeling relieved when my Biante was announced not having successor model few years back. Forever owning the latest model haha. But eventually still find excuse to sell it off.

Frankly if able to afford new 3G Sorento, definitely have the means to change lah, just a matter of want or not barring sudden bad financial situation.

IMHO, a 7 seat SUV only makes sense if you need to go offroad and require the 4wd that some SUVs offer. if the main purpose is just to carry 7,then a MPV is much better suited for the task. you will not have the space robbing 4WD drivetrain. even if the the SUV comes with only 2WD, it was designed with 4WD from the onset and thus will be less space and heavier than a MPV.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, teomingern said:

E charging sound when on e move is not really nice at least for me.. but for tat price n space is quite good..

1 hour ago, Heartlander said:

For now imostly following for interest lah. Just got my Steppie 6 months ago and still super happy with it. Cars ilike Serena, triplets, Steppie would have isle in 2nd row and plenty of space for all the rows. Just that the car shape is subjective to taste.

But even then dont think i getting anything that size since my memories with Vellfire still quite fresh. Really need more efforts to live with.

ha ha, oh yah, the boxy MPVs if 7-seaters all have aisles to walk through too. 

SUVs have been the rage since around ~5 years ago. So if one wants to follow the trend - like my wife - and if need to ferry many people, then the Sorrento is really one of the most comfortable already. But it doesn't have an aisle to access 3rd row. Not sure about CX9 as i've not seen it before, if want SUV with aisle and comfortable, so far the one i've seen before is QX80.

• Praise 3

45 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

If want aisle access can try cx8 coming soon

Is Eurokars bringing in CX-8?  Will be interesting to see how they price it.  Good for consumers to have more choices in the 7 seater SUV space at around $140 to 170k range. 

Am not a big fan of the looks though.  Like the CX-5 and love the CX-9, but CX-8 just looks a bit off - like an elongated CX-5. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

If want aisle access can try cx8 coming soon

i didn't know there's a CX8, ha ha... why mazda has so many SUVs leh??

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Thats why american like big big suv. Kia tulleride. Hyundai palaside. Toyota highlander. Honda pilot. Volkswagen atlas. Ford simi simi. None sold here in singapore. These r monsters. 3rd row machiam 2nd row of toyota wish kinda.

And with full 7 8 seats up prob still can carry 4 big luggages. 

I would imagine these to be too difficult to park in many carparks in sg.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Atrecord said:

How to compare bro.... Infiniti = luxury brand... Kia = basic brand... the price follows accordingly leh... the difference too big lar...

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1