2020/2021 and 2023/2024 Facelift 4th Generation Kia Sorento

Carbon82

Just now, Spurman said:

Thats why american like big big suv. Kia tulleride. Hyundai palaside. Toyota highlander. Honda pilot. Volkswagen atlas. Ford simi simi. None sold here in singapore. These r monsters. 3rd row machiam 2nd row of toyota wish kinda.

And with full 7 8 seats up prob still can carry 4 big luggages. 

I would imagine these to be too difficult to park in many carparks in sg.

Cannot enter our older multi-storey car parks lor... right now the newer HDB MSCP are 2.1 m so I think still can... but the older shopping centres are like 1.8 or 1.9 m, confirm buang the roof... I see Toyota HiAce vans in my home's MSCP so I know they can enter... but these monster SUVs... ha ha... I think must park roadside... Raffles City parking height is only 1.8 m I think... 

↡ Advertisement

4 hours ago, Atrecord said:

There's a thread in Serena. Should have more discussions there. It has high torque for a v small engine.

Oh ok... must go find it... quite curious... cos the engine doesn't drive the car...

37 minutes ago, Spurman said:

Thats why american like big big suv. Kia tulleride. Hyundai palaside. Toyota highlander. Honda pilot. Volkswagen atlas. Ford simi simi. None sold here in singapore. These r monsters. 3rd row machiam 2nd row of toyota wish kinda.

And with full 7 8 seats up prob still can carry 4 big luggages. 

I would imagine these to be too difficult to park in many carparks in sg.

Road tax and petrol also kill here

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, teomingern said:

Cannot enter our older multi-storey car parks lor... right now the newer HDB MSCP are 2.1 m so I think still can... but the older shopping centres are like 1.8 or 1.9 m, confirm buang the roof... I see Toyota HiAce vans in my home's MSCP so I know they can enter... but these monster SUVs... ha ha... I think must park roadside... Raffles City parking height is only 1.8 m I think... 

Hiace can ah. I thought dak boleh.

Anyway tiagong komoco keen to bring in the palaside.

Shall see how its priced n speced.

8 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

If want aisle access can try cx8 coming soon

In Malaysia, CX-8 has been available since end of last year. Priced between CX-5 and CX-9, got 4 variants from 7-seater to 6-seater. Not true comparison for Sorento imho lah. But the 6-seaters are viable options for those who need just 6 seats.

The video below shows the difference between the 6-seaters with centre console and walk-through isle. Three videos I watched, the reviewers always recommend to get the variant with walk-through isle. The walk-through isle variant comes with 2nd row captain seats also.

Edited by Heartlander
  • Praise 2

6 hours ago, Ahpan said:

After looking through so many SUV with 7 seaters. Sorento 2021 is confirm the one to go for. Booked my new ride already! 

Congrats ! Lovely ride.  

What was your thought process vs Kodiaq, CX-9, Tarracco, Santa fe, Merc GLB?

Edited by fungyee77
  • Praise 1

Congrats!
My family went for a test drive last Saturday and was impressed with the drive. Sound insulation was excellent and we could not even hear the Diesel engine, even when pushed hard.

Unfortunately, only the GT is 4WD. There was a little wheel spin when pushed hard from stationary. I was a little disappointed that the rotary gear selector, remote parking and 6-seat configuration were not brought in. I am waiting for the 1.6 turbo hybrid which my SA said may only come next year. 

Incidentally, I had also test driven the Kodiaq 2.0 L&K (ride more comfortable with customizable suspension, 4WD, cheaper but smaller, less equipped), Terraco 1.4 (much cheaper but less equipped and smaller). 

• Praise 6

Neutral Newbie
10 hours ago, Ahpan said:

After looking through so many SUV with 7 seaters. Sorento 2021 is confirm the one to go for. Booked my new ride already! 

bro, can share the price and freebies for us as reference for nego

16 hours ago, Mystidae said:

Congrats!
My family went for a test drive last Saturday and was impressed with the drive. Sound insulation was excellent and we could not even hear the Diesel engine, even when pushed hard.

Unfortunately, only the GT is 4WD. There was a little wheel spin when pushed hard from stationary. I was a little disappointed that the rotary gear selector, remote parking and 6-seat configuration were not brought in. I am waiting for the 1.6 turbo hybrid which my SA said may only come next year. 

Incidentally, I had also test driven the Kodiaq 2.0 L&K (ride more comfortable with customizable suspension, 4WD, cheaper but smaller, less equipped), Terraco 1.4 (much cheaper but less equipped and smaller). 

Same here. Was comparing GLB and Sorento. Sorento more VFM but GLB has nicer cockpit. Price wise 200k vs 165k. Test drove on Sat and paid.

• Praise 4

14 hours ago, Berryyy said:

bro, can share the price and freebies for us as reference for nego

The price was shared in the earlier threads. Freebies are pretty standards like car cam, solar film etc.. 🙂

18 hours ago, fungyee77 said:

Congrats ! Lovely ride.  

What was your thought process vs Kodiaq, CX-9, Tarracco, Santa fe, Merc GLB?

Thanks, but I only compare with GLB. KIA is still much better though. Haha.

17 hours ago, Mystidae said:

Congrats!

Thanks. Yes you are right. I was super impressed with the drive too. This car don't have much Diesel engine sound and pretty quiet. But I love the sound of the engine when the accelerator is being pushed. lol. The pick up acceleration is pretty fast too. And yes I was kind of disappointed that the wire shift gear and remote parking is not available in SG. Probably that will increase the cost price even higher. But then, good enough. This car is pretty much spacious and high tech already. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2