2020/2021 and 2023/2024 Facelift 4th Generation Kia Sorento

Carbon82

13 hours ago, David325 said:

Tried out and test drive the new Sorrento..The third row is still not really usable for adults. Feels even more uncomfortable compare to c4 grand tourer. However, the new diesel engine is feel really smooth..But have to pay way too much road tax. Might be good idea to wait for the 1.6t hybrid. Interior look great too.

Bro, with the third row up, how's the boot space? Can put in two large suitcases or not? Large is in at least 28 inch diagonal?

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, teomingern said:

Bro, with the third row up, how's the boot space? Can put in two large suitcases or not? Large is in at least 28 inch diagonal?

Backpack just nice. Maybe cabin luggage can force fit in

if set to my driving position, i can sit in 2nd and 3rd row. Not bad. Do note my height is 181.985683cm

C6F104BB-A186-457F-B327-EAF4250F1DCE.jpeg

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

On 11/8/2020 at 6:08 PM, teomingern said:

Surely the stock brakes will be good enough??? Manufacturer can't be selling brakes that can't stop their car right?

The question is not about whether can stop the car, but the effective stopping distance when traveling at 200km/h. 

On 11/10/2020 at 12:11 PM, Ceecookie said:

The question is not about whether can stop the car, but the effective stopping distance when traveling at 200km/h. 

That holds true for any car and awareness of speed and effective stopping power but install better brakes if one is prone to pedal to metal types 🙂

23 minutes ago, David325 said:

Anywhere driving Kia or Hyundai diesel car. How's their adblue system...Hear a lot of issues with the European counterparts for the dpt and adblue systems.

Hyundai group current diesel engines does not need Adblue and there is no adblue filler for it

Latest Sorento require adblue aka urea for their engine🙄

As long as you don't run the adblue tank total empty or with contaminated adblue, normally SCR system will last long.

4 hours ago, David325 said:

Anywhere driving Kia or Hyundai diesel car. How's their adblue system...Hear a lot of issues with the European counterparts for the dpt and adblue systems.

1671_13_l.jpg

• Praise 3

43 minutes ago, Sugimoto said:

As long as you don't run the adblue tank total empty or with contaminated adblue, normally SCR system will last long.

1671_13_l.jpg

For those who need supporting evidences of Urea = AdBlue... [:p] 

2epaMfj.png

I6AlYb9.png

Calling @Echelon, fellow member here need your help to share your experience with your previous diesel Sorento. [:)]  

• Praise 7

Thanks..Was wondering how Hyundai Kia diesel can meet emission without adblue..Just had example had bad with adblue system in continental car..When is hybrid coming haha

Edited by David325

1 hour ago, Sugimoto said:

1671_13_l.jpg

How many km do u need to run to before filling up the adblue tank and fill up by how many l. Tks.

Edited by David325

13 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Hyundai group current diesel engines does not need Adblue and there is no adblue filler for it

Friendly advice: don't give out wrong advice. If you don't know for sure, then don't offer any advice. 

• Praise 8

14 hours ago, Sugimoto said:

This one very hard to advice since different cars got different capacity of urea tank.

Usually require to top up at each service intervals. 

I understand that it's quite expensive too... so your servicing will cost more with one more item to purchase... also wondering if having one more tank impinges on cabin space or fuel tank size, etc... plus I am the forgetful type... if I forget to top up, then die... wonder if can just buy AdBlue from any petrol station?

Edited by teomingern

38 minutes ago, teomingern said:

I understand that it's quite expensive too... so your servicing will cost more with one more item to purchase... also wondering if having one more tank impinges on cabin space or fuel tank size, etc... plus I am the forgetful type... if I forget to top up, then die... wonder if can just buy AdBlue from any petrol station?

https://shopee.sg/search?keyword=adblue

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, teomingern said:

The tank size is around 25 litres based on mercedes e220d, maybe sorento is about there?

Normally adblue reminder will sound & take 1/3 of meter display when it left 1000km range in yellow alert, very hard to forget refill one because it will keep on chime until you refill.

I happen to saw shell station & autobacs also got sell adblue, not expensive & getting common liao.

• Praise 1

On 11/13/2020 at 10:11 PM, Sugimoto said:

The tank size is around 25 litres based on mercedes e220d, maybe sorento is about there?

Normally adblue reminder will sound & take 1/3 of meter display when it left 1000km range in yellow alert, very hard to forget refill one because it will keep on chime until you refill.

I happen to saw shell station & autobacs also got sell adblue, not expensive & getting common liao.

Was told that adblue is available at most of the petrol stations and is cheap.. the cost is negligible..

↡ Advertisement