2020/2021 and 2023/2024 Facelift 4th Generation Kia Sorento

Carbon82

On 11/8/2020 at 6:08 PM, teomingern said:

Surely the stock brakes will be good enough??? Manufacturer can't be selling brakes that can't stop their car right?

No la. Lots of brake gurus here. They must know better. 

↡ Advertisement

Hi All, understand the new Sorento is running with a wet DCT transmission and I believe over the years Kia and Hyundai are already having cars with this type of transmission.  Any one here have any experience with the Korean's DCT in terms of reliability and maintenance cost?  Appreciate if you can share, thanks in advance.

Some quick update on the FC...

Short distance driving (5 to 10km)- non freeway approx 10-12km/L

PIE cruising without jam - 16-20km/L

Avg approx 12-16km/L

• Praise 6

On 12/1/2020 at 11:26 PM, Bluecollar said:

Hi All, understand the new Sorento is running with a wet DCT transmission and I believe over the years Kia and Hyundai are already having cars with this type of transmission.  Any one here have any experience with the Korean's DCT in terms of reliability and maintenance cost?  Appreciate if you can share, thanks in advance.

Only time will tell. The other hyundai/kia models available here are using the 7 speed dry dct. Only Sorento features the new 8 speed wet dct for now. 

https://www.hyundai-transys.com/en/product/pd_005.do

Edited by Ceecookie
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Kevinhwc said:

Some quick update on the FC...

Short distance driving (5 to 10km)- non freeway approx 10-12km/L

PIE cruising without jam - 16-20km/L

Avg approx 12-16km/L

Better give km/L figure using tank average and compare it with your previous ride on same route and same driving pattern.

For example my Steppie I can get 12km/L easily every tank, comparing with my previous B180 can only get 10.xkm/L using similar pattern. 2017 Vellfire worse only 7.xkm/L. Then we can have more meaningful information. Never trust those per trip FC as not accurate or meaningful at all unless your every trips are like that.

• Praise 1

Those are average numbers. I do mostly short trips and I estimated based on the per trip as the numbers reset after every trip. My trips are usually  99% city driving.

Nothing to compare coz diesel vs petrol. I'll be surprised if my 2L petrol can perform better in terms of FC.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, new to Sorento. Just wondering which is more worth on getting between SX and SX Techpack? 

Btw any watsapp group created for Sorento owners to share knowledge or good buy? 

TIA.. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

SX Tech is really the basic of basic functions and equipment in the All-new Sorento line up

SX does not have

- interior lighting, BOSE sound system, 12.3inch Driver's instrument panel, 360 reversing camera and every safety features (not even frontal collision avoidance)

If you value safety systems for vehicle, just go for the SX Tech minimally...

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie
15 hours ago, -NIL- said:

SX Tech is really the basic of basic functions and equipment in the All-new Sorento line up

SX does not have

- interior lighting, BOSE sound system, 12.3inch Driver's instrument panel, 360 reversing camera and every safety features (not even frontal collision avoidance)

If you value safety systems for vehicle, just go for the SX Tech minimally...

Guess its not a bad choice to have for all the features. Thanks so much! 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

I booked a gravity blue SX tech pack model when they launched the car back in Oct.

waiting for my ride this month, SE said the car arrived in SG 2Dec, waiting for LTA inspection.

anyone booked the same color still waiting to collect the car?

thks

Neutral Newbie
10 hours ago, Kevinhwc said:

IMO, out of the 3 variants, SX Tech is the most VFM, unless you need AWD. 

This is absolutely true! 

If you are looking at the SX variant only, you could consider the previous gen Sorento instead (provided you are not aesthetically biased) as it comes with some safety features as well and is going at a lower quantum.

You should consider GT variant for the current Sorento if, and only if, 

1. AWD

2. Side steps (Though you can get this installed aftermarket)

*But still, the additional $10k that you fork out could be deemed as to pay for the additional C1 VES tax and you get AWD for free

• Praise 1

On 12/15/2020 at 7:26 AM, Carbon82 said:

Performance of 1.6T Hybrid. 

A bit hard to tell how fast... but seems like cannot go faster than 199 km/h on the 1.6 T... not enough power?

• Praise 1

20 minutes ago, teomingern said:

A bit hard to tell how fast... but seems like cannot go faster than 199 km/h on the 1.6 T... not enough power?

Weird to see speedo until 260 but only can go 199

at least should go 220 hehe

• Haha! 2

Feels like the car is on a dyno. Not much vibrations even at high speeds. Got roads so smooth and even? SUV with high cg and comfort suspension.

Only shows the the gauges. A bit fishy.

Edited by Watwheels

44 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Feels like the car is on a dyno. Not much vibrations even at high speeds. Got roads so smooth and even? SUV with high cg and comfort suspension.

Only shows the the gauges. A bit fishy.

but u can hear the tyre and wind noise. Maybe the camera fixed at steering wheel

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1