2020/2021 and 2023/2024 Facelift 4th Generation Kia Sorento

Carbon82

On 12/17/2020 at 1:40 PM, Thaiyotakamli said:

Weird to see speedo until 260 but only can go 199

at least should go 220 hehe

My car speedo also says 260 km/h but I don't think it can go anywhere near it... never tested... fastest I ever went was 190 km/h... ran out of clear flat highway to go faster up north...

↡ Advertisement

31 minutes ago, teomingern said:

My car speedo also says 260 km/h but I don't think it can go anywhere near it... never tested... fastest I ever went was 190 km/h... ran out of clear flat highway to go faster up north...

Best jdm go max at 180🤣

For my current car paper spec claim 243kmh and speedo till 260

• Praise 1

My jag 2.0d xe uses adblue.

If u guys stay near smartenergy stations. The diesel cost is $1.2x/l after discounts ($5 to join member)

Adblue is super cheap la.. where got ex. Smartenergy station is selling it.. very cheap

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
On 12/31/2020 at 8:59 PM, Rayoflight said:

My jag 2.0d xe uses adblue.

If u guys stay near smartenergy stations. The diesel cost is $1.2x/l after discounts ($5 to join member)

Adblue is super cheap la.. where got ex. Smartenergy station is selling it.. very cheap

Nice share! but I saw that now NEA compliant says since 2018 need minimum Diesel Standard 6. Smartenergy website shows they only selling Diesel Standard 5 leh. 

https://www.nea.gov.sg/our-services/pollution-control/air-pollution/air-pollution-regulations

https://www.smartenergy.sg/

Anyone can verify?

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone!

Going to collect my Sorento Sx mid January. Need some advice from experienced drivers here. The 4th gen Sorento is beautiful but stock rims are very ugly in my eyes. The 19 inches that GT gets is much better, but first we can't upgrade even wiling to top up, second I prefer 18 inches. 

So thinking of changing the rims after collect car. Saw Stinger rims and like it , but the offset is different. Tyre shop said ok but in doubt, would like to seek some options here,  thanks in advance.

On 1/5/2021 at 11:38 PM, bengoi90 said:

Nice share! but I saw that now NEA compliant says since 2018 need minimum Diesel Standard 6. Smartenergy website shows they only selling Diesel Standard 5 leh. 

https://www.nea.gov.sg/our-services/pollution-control/air-pollution/air-pollution-regulations

https://www.smartenergy.sg/

Anyone can verify?

What NEA meant is only euro 6 diesel cars can be sold here from 2018 onward. The petrol station is selling euro 5 grade fuel which still can be pumped by euro 6 vehicles, albeit leading to higher exhaust emission over long term.

17 hours ago, Jev said:

Anyone know when/if they plan to bring in other engine options?

I asked the sales before. If I recalled correctly, they will bring in the hybrid (1.6T petrol + electrical motor) mid this year. But the price will be like 10k more, I think. 

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Passion said:

Anyone knows how long can $2k credit goes for sorento servicing?

2 years non transferable non refundable

I believe you can buy servicing package for 2-3 years for about that much

On 11/10/2020 at 12:11 PM, Ceecookie said:

The question is not about whether can stop the car, but the effective stopping distance when traveling at 200km/h. 

The stopping distance actually quite good

• Praise 1

On 2/6/2021 at 8:02 AM, Passion said:

Any reviews from owner here? Interested in getting one. 

So good so far

the lane keep and radar cruise works REALLY well, when sitting in traffic on highway it's basically full autonomous drive

...will do more detailed review in due time

AD say all of the first batch shipment sold already, now including GT line also...so few month wait for sx and even more for gt

Edited by Jev

On 2/6/2021 at 8:02 AM, Passion said:

Any reviews from owner here? Interested in getting one. 

Ok a bit more detailed....the reviews on yt pretty much cover it (sgcarmart, carsguide, thestraightpipes, carexpert)

Good things:

Car is super spacious and nice to sit in. Aircon is super strong and cool (there is some complains about korean cars not having strong aircon but that's not the case at all for this car), the ventilated seats are amazing. Size is quite good, I was worried about navigating tight carparks but hasn't been that hard, and the 360deg parking cam is really ace.

Power is good, doesn't feel slow. Driving dynamic wise, it handles well but there's no escaping that it's a big heavy car and you can feel the solidness of the car when you push it around. DCT is good, not porsche PDK fast to shift but it's decent. There was some worries that DCT wouldnt be good for this car on SG roads because lurchy at low speeds but I haven't found that to be the case at all. Maybe because I was coming from a DCT in a sports car. But even compared to ZF torque converter it is fine, just a bit of elastic banding to get used to at v light throttle as the clutch engages. Unless you were coming from a PDK I don't think anyone would notice.

Engine is quite smooth. It's actually quieter inside than a GLB. Some wind noise around the side window above 80km/h.

Car is tall and so road view is great, also window visibility is good.

Panoramic sunroof is awesome, really adds to the feeling of space in the back.

I think the tech pack is worth it, despire sgcarmart reviewer thinking it's not...the safety features can be turned down or off in the settings and they are coded to the seat memory so if wife is driving can have all the safety tech on. Also the bose speakers + digital dash + ambient lighting. For me, the 4wd is a must as never know when will need it plus it helps with the driving dynamics when driving more sporty.

I actually didn't want the sidesteps because thought it makes it bigger distance to get in and out, but turns out they are actually very useful and do make it easier.

Not so good things:

The 10.25" screen is a local unit, so it doesnt have the 'sounds of nature', the passenger talk, or the quiet mode functions. Andoid auto and carplay are plug only, not wireless (hopefully this will be updated or upgradable in future). I only plug in when I need nav or waze though, otherwise can just throw phone in wireless charger and let bluetooth audio play spotify.

I wish the car would retain my settings for auto-start-stop to be turned off and for recirculated air...same as in BMW have to press those 2 buttons after turning the car on every time.

Piano black dash quite hard to keep clean

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, Jev said:

Ok a bit more detailed....the reviews on yt pretty much cover it (sgcarmart, carsguide, thestraightpipes, carexpert)

Good things:

Car is super spacious and nice to sit in. Aircon is super strong and cool (there is some complains about korean cars not having strong aircon but that's not the case at all for this car), the ventilated seats are amazing. Size is quite good, I was worried about navigating tight carparks but hasn't been that hard, and the 360deg parking cam is really ace.

Power is good, doesn't feel slow. Driving dynamic wise, it handles well but there's no escaping that it's a big heavy car and you can feel the solidness of the car when you push it around. DCT is good, not porsche PDK fast to shift but it's decent. There was some worries that DCT wouldnt be good for this car on SG roads because lurchy at low speeds but I haven't found that to be the case at all. Maybe because I was coming from a DCT in a sports car. But even compared to ZF torque converter it is fine, just a bit of elastic banding to get used to at v light throttle as the clutch engages. Unless you were coming from a PDK I don't think anyone would notice.

Engine is quite smooth. It's actually quieter inside than a GLB. Some wind noise around the side window above 80km/h.

I think the tech pack is worth it, despire sgcarmart reviewer thinking it's not...the safety features can be turned down or off in the settings and they are coded to the seat memory so if wife is driving can have all the safety tech on. Also the bose speakers + digital dash + ambient lighting. For me, the 4wd is a must as never know when will need it plus it helps with the driving dynamics when driving more sporty.

I actually didn't want the sidesteps because thought it makes it bigger distance to get in and out, but turns out they are actually very useful and do make it easier.

Not so good things:

The 10.25" screen is a local unit, so it doesnt have the 'sounds of nature', the passenger talk, or the quiet mode functions. Andoid auto and carplay are plug only, not wireless (hopefully this will be updated or upgradable in future). I only plug in when I need nav or waze though, otherwise can just throw phone in wireless charger and let bluetooth audio play spotify.

I wish the car would retain my settings for auto-start-stop to be turned off and for recirculated air...same as in BMW have to press those 2 buttons after turning the car on every time.

Thanks for the detailed review. Was contemplating for the longest time as I’m worried about Korean car reliability. Now with the govt increasing petrol tax, looks like this is a good shift to diesel car now.

9 hours ago, Jev said:

Good things:

Not so good things:

For air re-circulation, try holding the button down until it blinks and some more until the light holds steady... I did it for my Hyundai Sonata, and it always stays on re-circulation mode instead of fresh air mode... possibly same software-hardware... since Hyundai-Kia are sister companies...

Auto-start-stop I don't know cos my car don't have...

On 2/17/2021 at 8:53 AM, teomingern said:

For air re-circulation, try holding the button down until it blinks and some more until the light holds steady... I did it for my Hyundai Sonata, and it always stays on re-circulation mode instead of fresh air mode... possibly same software-hardware... since Hyundai-Kia are sister companies...

Auto-start-stop I don't know cos my car don't have...

Thanks, tried that but no luck. It does remember the setting when it's on manual fan speed, but not for auto mode (I guess because it's also doing auto for if air should be recirculated or not)

↡ Advertisement