2020/2021 and 2023/2024 Facelift 4th Generation Kia Sorento

Carbon82

1 hour ago, kevinb said:

every time you start the car I have to turn off the lane warning as it's a very big shock when you first have it on, especially on a motorway as it pushes you over back into the lane. turning it off is not saved to memory.

You must be someone who do not signal when you change lane haha. This feature should be made compulsory for all cars imho to train everyone to be a safe driver haha.

• Haha! 1

I have been waiting for the hybrid version of Sorento for the past year. Unfortunately, the salesperson from C&C told me that she has not received news of the ETA. 

As I also left my contact with a salesperson from Komoco, I was just informed by her that the Santa Fe 1.6 turbo hybrid is open for booking. The pre-launch price is as follows:

Sante fe 1.6 hybrid: $176999
Santa fe 1.6 hybrid sunroof:$185999

Incudes:
5year warranty 
5year/100k km servicing 
Petrol voucher $300
Special,early bird  discount  $2k 
12 month roadtax

Price valid till 4th aug 2021.

Too bad Sorento hybrid is not coming anytime soon. Really tempted by this offer. I also learned that this version qualifies for VES Band A2, a $15k rebate! 

Anyway, just helping the salesperson to do a little publicity as she updates me quite regularly. Those interested in the Santa Fe Hybrid can contact Carol at 94553033. Meanwhile, I am in contact with Janice (91067094) from C&C too. 

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Mystidae said:

I have been waiting for the hybrid version of Sorento for the past year. Unfortunately, the salesperson from C&C told me that she has not received news of the ETA. 

As I also left my contact with a salesperson from Komoco, I was just informed by her that the Santa Fe 1.6 turbo hybrid is open for booking. The pre-launch price is as follows:

Sante fe 1.6 hybrid: $176999
Santa fe 1.6 hybrid sunroof:$185999

Incudes:
5year warranty 
5year/100k km servicing 
Petrol voucher $300
Special,early bird  discount  $2k 
12 month roadtax

Price valid till 4th aug 2021.

Too bad Sorento hybrid is not coming anytime soon. Really tempted by this offer. I also learned that this version qualifies for VES Band A2, a $15k rebate! 

Anyway, just helping the salesperson to do a little publicity as she updates me quite regularly. Those interested in the Santa Fe Hybrid can contact Carol at 94553033. Meanwhile, I am in contact with Janice (91067094) from C&C too. 

Are you Carol or Janice? I don’t think you can just put their numbers here to help them promote. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi, any recommendations for Sorento servicing? I’m currently using C&C servicing packages but thinking of switching to something cheaper. First time driving a Korean car so not sure if Korean car servicing is as common as Japanese cars at the workshops. I used to go to Autobacs, Yeow Koon and occasionally ComfortDelgro.  

On 7/24/2021 at 3:30 PM, Mystidae said:

I also learned that this version qualifies for VES Band A2, a $15k rebate! 

This is bad news to me if I am to buy the car. A lower final car price is more meaningful.

2 hours ago, Ckhyip said:

Hi, any recommendations for Sorento servicing? I’m currently using C&C servicing packages but thinking of switching to something cheaper. First time driving a Korean car so not sure if Korean car servicing is as common as Japanese cars at the workshops. I used to go to Autobacs, Yeow Koon and occasionally ComfortDelgro.  

I'm sure your regular places can service and repair your car without any problem...

@Heartlander Definitely. Taking the high COE price into consideration, plus the technological advances of the hybrid car, and the similar price point between the Sorento Diesel and Santa Fe Hybrid, I would take the hybrid than the diesel, imho. 

What's people's opinions of the new Sorento given the situation today and the competition? From what I can tell the new Sorento has a pretty poor proposition in today's environment. The new Santa Fe undercuts the Sorento price by about $20k, despite being a hybrid and effectively it's the same car underneath.  Additionally with the government view of stopping the sale of diesel cars by 2025, it signals a poor future for diesel passenger cars.  Similarly for the badge lovers, they tend to cross shop to the GLB.  I simply see no reason the mass market would want to buy a new Sorento unless they either bring in the hybrid of dramatically readjust the pricing.

Reason: I'm tempted to pick up a new Sorento from the used car market.  Given how new it is, there seems to be a few low-mileage examples around. I actually like the car a lot and I would consider picking it up at a good price.  The thought is that if there is no demand, then pricing should be competitive.  I took a look at the new Santa Fe and I just can't adjust to the looks.  The grille is so huge just looks like someone has covered the front with chicken wire.

@GTO-1 I jumped ship. I was bent on owning a Sorento Hybrid when it was released late last year in Korea. I like its looks more than the Santa Fe, especially the rear. 

However, with the Santa Fe priced at $180999 (with further discounts and price to stay the same till today, 24 Sep 2021) despite the >$5k increase in the recent Cat B COE price, it makes good sense to go for it. The hybrid has a much lower road tax, lower loan interest (1.68% for hybrids), greater horse power and somewhat more future proof with the discontinuation of diesel vehicles. I don't understand why C&C chose not to bring in that version earlier (it will only be out in 2022). Komoco, on the other hand, chose to bring in the hybrid version despite it being launched later than the Sorento. They are reaping the rewards now as I heard they have sold a number of Santa Fe even before it was officially launched. 

21 minutes ago, Mystidae said:

@GTO-1 I jumped ship. I was bent on owning a Sorento Hybrid when it was released late last year in Korea. I like its looks more than the Santa Fe, especially the rear. 

However, with the Santa Fe priced at $180999 (with further discounts and price to stay the same till today, 24 Sep 2021) despite the >$5k increase in the recent Cat B COE price, it makes good sense to go for it. The hybrid has a much lower road tax, lower loan interest (1.68% for hybrids), greater horse power and somewhat more future proof with the discontinuation of diesel vehicles. I don't understand why C&C chose not to bring in that version earlier (it will only be out in 2022). Komoco, on the other hand, chose to bring in the hybrid version despite it being launched later than the Sorento. They are reaping the rewards now as I heard they have sold a number of Santa Fe even before it was officially launched. 

Yeah, the tables have turned 180 degrees since last generation. Previously the Sorento was the better deal and the Santa Fe was over priced, despite both being effectively the same car with a different look.  Looks wise I actually preferred the Santa Fe.  

Unfortunately, I'm still totally split on the new Santa Fe's look.  I ventured over to Komoco yesterday and looked at the test drive Santa Fe that was sitting outside.  The grille literally takes up 2/3's of the face of the car and because the holes are fairly big, all I can see is the radiator covered by chicken wire, when the sun is shining on it.  

Oh well.  We'll have to see how C&C respond, since I'm fairly certain that sales of the Sorento have fallen through the floor despite being a really good car.  They've positioned their product as a dud in thr Singapore Market.

@GTO-1 Haha! You have an interesting way in describing it! I'm quite neutral on the grille but I like its Thor's hammer-like DRL though. 

Well, if you are in the market to change car, Komoco's promo that last till today is a big pull. If not, you can wait for Sorento Hybrid's arrival in 2022. By the way, to poison you further, Tesla's Model Y is coming in 2022 too... 😂

@Mystidae Similarly I was bent on the Sorento Hybrid, and had considered the Santa Fe as well. I was more keen on the Sorento due to the overall styling and it's 3rd row isofix points. However, wife and I ended up following three point star SE around during roadshow and became badge whores instead 😅 

@Littlewhitei Haha! I totally understand! I believe you’re referring to GLB? I tried that but realized that the premium would go beyond $200k if I want similar features as the Santa Fe or Sorento. Wanted a hybrid and is also beyond my budget. Quality and interior-wise, it’s hard to beat a Merc… 

@Mystidae Yup, while I'm wowed by the features we thought we didn't want to wait till we're in our 50s before owning a conti. Enjoy it while we're young, and not in need of too much assistance tech.

Will definitely need all that once my senses and reflexes become duller lol.

• Praise 1

On 9/24/2021 at 11:40 AM, GTO-1 said:

Yeah, the tables have turned 180 degrees since last generation. Previously the Sorento was the better deal and the Santa Fe was over priced, despite both being effectively the same car with a different look.  Looks wise I actually preferred the Santa Fe.  

Unfortunately, I'm still totally split on the new Santa Fe's look.  I ventured over to Komoco yesterday and looked at the test drive Santa Fe that was sitting outside.  The grille literally takes up 2/3's of the face of the car and because the holes are fairly big, all I can see is the radiator covered by chicken wire, when the sun is shining on it.  

Oh well.  We'll have to see how C&C respond, since I'm fairly certain that sales of the Sorento have fallen through the floor despite being a really good car.  They've positioned their product as a dud in thr Singapore Market.

I was thinking of buying the Sorento as well, but due to the high COE and diesel issue, I decided to wait and see if they will bring in the hybrid version. If it is not going to happen/I get tired of waiting, I will just go for the Santa Fe instead. I'm sure quite a few people I know of quite a few people who are like me waiting to see what the dealer does. Totally agree with you that the diesel version is a dud in Singapore market right now.

↡ Advertisement