2020/2021 and 2023/2024 Facelift 4th Generation Kia Sorento

Carbon82

@Mystidae 

On 9/24/2021 at 11:11 AM, Mystidae said:

@GTO-1 I jumped ship. I was bent on owning a Sorento Hybrid when it was released late last year in Korea. I like its looks more than the Santa Fe, especially the rear. 

However, with the Santa Fe priced at $180999 (with further discounts and price to stay the same till today, 24 Sep 2021) despite the >$5k increase in the recent Cat B COE price, it makes good sense to go for it. The hybrid has a much lower road tax, lower loan interest (1.68% for hybrids), greater horse power and somewhat more future proof with the discontinuation of diesel vehicles. I don't understand why C&C chose not to bring in that version earlier (it will only be out in 2022). Komoco, on the other hand, chose to bring in the hybrid version despite it being launched later than the Sorento. They are reaping the rewards now as I heard they have sold a number of Santa Fe even before it was officially launched. 

But I think Komoco really need to improve their customer service or SE attitude.  Maybe Komoco sales too good recently

I went car hunting  few months ago on Mazda CX-8, Kia Sorento and Hyundai Santa Fe.........7 seater SUV. Received professional and friendly service at Kia and Mazda showroom. 

CX-8 7 seater quite nice and seating position is good. Both Interior and exterior is nice and good quality.

Went over to Hyundai showroom and to see the Hyundai Santa Fe for a comparison. 

Served by a 50 yrs old Uncle Sale person........his attitude really quite bad. Ask him about Santa Fe............

He raised his voice a little bit and reply: " No Santa Fe on display, you cannot see ah??? New model only come out later, you don't know ah? 

I think there is no need to be so rude although I am just looking at a cheapo car like Hyundai Santa Fe. 

Looks like Komoco not willing to push or sell Hyundai Santa Fe but more on Hyundai Avante maybe due to the higher profit margin. 

My friend who was with me actually wanted to buy and test drive the new Hyundai Avante......but we walked out of the showroom immediately. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

@Mahjong74 That sounds bad. You may want to feedback to Komoco. The SE who served me was good. When I was going car hunting early this year, she was the one who approached me when I stepped into the showroom. She had been keeping me updated on the arrival of Santa Fe for months. Brought me to see the Palisade and Ionic 5 when they arrived too. 

I'm thinking of getting a low-mileage used model.  I've been keeping an eye on a couple of used models (less than 5000km) on sgcarmart and they don't seem to move. 

Given how high the COE has become, I'm surprised these haven't sold quickly since it's almost a 20% discount on COE + Car (price is $179k vs $215k list) on what is effectively a new car.  Makes me think there is either something wrong with the car or the Sorento positioning.  That said, I suppose the list price of the used Sorento is roughly the same as the new Santa Fe.

The downside is if you buy, the chance of good resell is probably minimal.  It'll have to be a car you see through the full 10 year COE.

Edited by GTO-1
  • Praise 1

@GTO-1 Sometimes you wonder why certain cars are sold within 3 years. A lemon car? Or a fickle minded owner? 😂 

My friend is also looking at a low mileage 2.0L Kodiaq. Saw about 4 on offer. The used car market should go up with such sky-high COE prices. 

Not sure will have any difference in spec as 2 of the models have already been sold in SG, only lack New Niro and Sportage. Lucky SG still got the facelift K3, so new Niro and Sportage now got change to reach SG. 

Currently Malaysia KIA only sell 1 model which is Carnival and it's not doing well in Malaysia as compare to Singapore KIA.

Malaysia KIA have give up selling any Sedan and seem like 2020 Hyundai Avante also didn't sell as much. Their market also quite unique that people don't like to have 1.6L NA engine car, perhaps due to lack of COE, so they can afford to get 1.8NA and other higher engine specs. Pricing also difference CKD vs CBU model (locally assemble vs direct import)

Screenshot_20211213-074801.jpg

Edited by Fellows

2 hours ago, Fellows said:

Not sure will have any difference in spec as 2 of the models have already been sold in SG, only lack New Niro and Sportage. Lucky SG still got the facelift K3, so new Niro and Sportage now got change to reach SG. 

Currently Malaysia KIA only sell 1 model which is Carnival and it's not doing well in Malaysia as compare to Singapore KIA.

Malaysia KIA have give up selling any Sedan and seem like 2020 Hyundai Avante also didn't sell as much. Their market also quite unique that people don't like to have 1.6L NA engine car, perhaps due to lack of COE, so they can afford to get 1.8NA and other higher engine specs. Pricing also difference CKD vs CBU model (locally assemble vs direct import)

Screenshot_20211213-074801.jpg

I thought both the Avante/Elantra and Cerato are both minimum 2.0 L there? Anyway given the weakness of the ringgit and the pandemic, I think most car sales would have dropped off a cliff except for the premium brands...

Neutral Newbie

just saw facebook popout the advert the Hybrid version of kia sorento is now confirmed. Anybody gonna to test drive and see how it compares between the 2.2 diesel vs 1.6 hybrid?

11 minutes ago, crviper said:

just saw facebook popout the advert the Hybrid version of kia sorento is now confirmed. Anybody gonna to test drive and see how it compares between the 2.2 diesel vs 1.6 hybrid?

The Hyundai sante fe was available for some time already. 

Facelift coming mid of next month (in Korea). Much easier on the eye than the new 5th generation Hyundai Santa Fe. :relief:

2024-kia-sorento-facelift.jpg

The first 2024 Sorento official images show Kia has completely reworked the front fascia to accommodate T-shaped headlights with an upper daytime running light strip flanking the Kia logo. The badge no longer sits on the grille but repositioned at the bottom of the hood. The grille has a new look, as does the lower air intake – still hosting separate fog lights. The vertical air curtains seem slightly larger now, and a silver skid plate can be seen at the bottom of the front bumper. 

At the back, discreetly revised taillights have new graphics and meet at the front rather than being separated units as was the case on the pre-facelifted model. It would appear Kia has moved the reverse lights even lower, beneath the silver skid plate.

While the interior looks instantly familiar, there are changes to the dashboard. For example, the chunky vertical air vents in the center are gone, replaced with much slimmer vents to make room for the enlarged touchscreen of the infotainment system. The South Korean brand also modernized the climate controls by getting rid of the old-school display, which has been replaced with capacitive buttons akin to the EV6 and Sportage. There's also a fingerprint authentication system carried over from other models from the Hyundai Motor Group, and new interior colors: Interstellar Grey, Volcanic S, Brown, and Cityscape Green.

• Praise 6

Supercharged
On 9/27/2021 at 3:39 AM, Mahjong74 said:

@Mystidae 

But I think Komoco really need to improve their customer service or SE attitude.  Maybe Komoco sales too good recently

I went car hunting  few months ago on Mazda CX-8, Kia Sorento and Hyundai Santa Fe.........7 seater SUV. Received professional and friendly service at Kia and Mazda showroom. 

CX-8 7 seater quite nice and seating position is good. Both Interior and exterior is nice and good quality.

Went over to Hyundai showroom and to see the Hyundai Santa Fe for a comparison. 

Served by a 50 yrs old Uncle Sale person........his attitude really quite bad. Ask him about Santa Fe............

He raised his voice a little bit and reply: " No Santa Fe on display, you cannot see ah??? New model only come out later, you don't know ah? 

I think there is no need to be so rude although I am just looking at a cheapo car like Hyundai Santa Fe. 

Looks like Komoco not willing to push or sell Hyundai Santa Fe but more on Hyundai Avante maybe due to the higher profit margin. 

My friend who was with me actually wanted to buy and test drive the new Hyundai Avante......but we walked out of the showroom immediately. 

surprised that uncle have this attitude.....he should know better, the pple that comes in singlet, bermudas and flip flops are actually the ones with $$....wasted! :yeah-im-not-drunk:

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
On 7/25/2023 at 5:30 PM, Carbon82 said:

Facelift coming mid of next month (in Korea). Much easier on the eye than the new 5th generation Hyundai Santa Fe. :relief:

The first 2024 Sorento official images show Kia has completely reworked the front fascia to accommodate T-shaped headlights with an upper daytime running light strip flanking the Kia logo. The badge no longer sits on the grille but repositioned at the bottom of the hood. The grille has a new look, as does the lower air intake – still hosting separate fog lights. The vertical air curtains seem slightly larger now, and a silver skid plate can be seen at the bottom of the front bumper. 

At the back, discreetly revised taillights have new graphics and meet at the front rather than being separated units as was the case on the pre-facelifted model. It would appear Kia has moved the reverse lights even lower, beneath the silver skid plate.

While the interior looks instantly familiar, there are changes to the dashboard. For example, the chunky vertical air vents in the center are gone, replaced with much slimmer vents to make room for the enlarged touchscreen of the infotainment system. The South Korean brand also modernized the climate controls by getting rid of the old-school display, which has been replaced with capacitive buttons akin to the EV6 and Sportage. There's also a fingerprint authentication system carried over from other models from the Hyundai Motor Group, and new interior colors: Interstellar Grey, Volcanic S, Brown, and Cityscape Green.

The headlights facial reminds me of the Celestials in the Marvel Eternals movie ...:yeah-im-not-drunk:

image.png.1218c567dce336741a7b13a64a81a66f.png