2020/2021 and 2023/2024 Facelift 4th Generation Kia Sorento

Carbon82

15 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Time for C&C to bring in the 1.6T engine.

They have 5 years to think of replacement engine for the Kia Sorento. By then the mid-life facelift (with perhaps new engine options) could be ready from factory 😀

Hypersonic
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

They have 5 years to think of replacement engine for the Kia Sorento. By then the mid-life facelift (with perhaps new engine options) could be ready from factory 😀

They have the 1.6T engine in other market.  C&C never bring in.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/kia/sorento/first-drives/kia-sorento-16-t-gdi-hybrid-2020-uk-review

Edited by Tohto

On 3/8/2021 at 11:03 AM, teomingern said:

It's a hybrid... so going to cost an arm and a leg here I suppose given our tax structure?

Hybrid should be cheaper here. But guess rhd is not available worldwide yet..haha

Twincharged
24 minutes ago, David325 said:

Hybrid should be cheaper here. But guess rhd is not available worldwide yet..haha

Uk is RHD.

23 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Uk is RHD.

Than c&c should just sell the hybrid and price will be lower....

23 hours ago, teomingern said:

Honestly this RHD & LHD nonsense is totally unnecessary... we should all drive on the same side of the road and car...

Santa Fe Hybrid is coming by Q3. Tentative price is around $170k, according to a staff in Komoco. I think they are not bringing in the diesel version.

Understand from C&C that the stock for Sorento Hybrid is very low, given its popularity in other markets and ongoing pandemic situation in Korea. NZ and Australia (RHD) had received the hybrid version recently. Hopefully C&C can bring in earlier than or at the same time as the Santa Fe. If later than Santa Fe, they may lose some customers. 

On 3/17/2021 at 4:20 PM, Mystidae said:

Santa Fe Hybrid is coming by Q3. Tentative price is around $170k, according to a staff in Komoco. I think they are not bringing in the diesel version.

Understand from C&C that the stock for Sorento Hybrid is very low, given its popularity in other markets and ongoing pandemic situation in Korea. NZ and Australia (RHD) had received the hybrid version recently. Hopefully C&C can bring in earlier than or at the same time as the Santa Fe. If later than Santa Fe, they may lose some customers. 

The Sorento has always been more popular simply because it is cheaper and equally or better equipped that the Santa Fe...

38 minutes ago, Michaelpeh21 said:

@teomingern Hi, I am getting a 2nd hand fluence within the next few days... Is this car on timing belt?

Timing belt... so must change at regular intervals...

Neutral Newbie

@teomingern Thanks for the prompt reply and confirmation. I was thinking it must be timing belt since it runs on diesel... The car mileage is about 73k km. Should be about time to change. Almost got conned by the Salesman

43 minutes ago, Michaelpeh21 said:

@teomingern Thanks for the prompt reply and confirmation. I was thinking it must be timing belt since it runs on diesel... The car mileage is about 73k km. Should be about time to change. Almost got conned by the Salesman

Yeah my dad's car already changed... I bought my car in April 2016, my dad's car is 6 month's older...

Neutral Newbie

Hello All,

new to this group.

Just bought the Sorento hybrid model 2021 and its amazing to drive so many gadgets inside but there are some failures, in my opinion,

every time you start the car I have to turn off the lane warning as it's a very big shock when you first have it on, especially on a motorway as it pushes you over back into the lane. turning it off is not saved to memory.

one major problem is that you can not have the smart key and I am waiting to hear if the omv app will be available for my model. (in Europe)