Fine pegged with OMV

Inlinefour

Hahaha..... those cursing here are probably driving luxurious cars. Paisay I low SES one so not much meat for the Gov to cut.

Its not about whether they are driving luxury cars or not.

It's about the absurdity of this suggestion.

I have relatives who are rich, stays in FH landed property but they own Mazda 3, Vezel, Altis.

And OMV is not a true indicator of whether a car is a luxury car or not.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10

Already have, it’s called ARF and cat B COE

Cat B COE is a joke. let say 30k COE for a 100k car. Thats 30% of the whole cost.

To someone who is buying a million dollar Ferrari that is only 3% of the whole cost. 

Cat B COE is a joke. let say 30k COE for a 100k car. Thats 30% of the whole cost.

To someone who is buying a million dollar Ferrari that is only 3% of the whole cost.

Nice cherry picking. I mentioned arf also.
  • Praise 1

yah become subtle flex..

"eh bro, you tio summon recently? How much you tio ar?"

wah sibeh loaded question liao..

"u tio 1k only??!!, so cheap??!!"

"i parking nia tio 2k liao, if speeding like you i estimate abt 55k sia"

I think need a "how much your summon" thread.... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I have relatives who are rich, stays in FH landed property but they own Mazda 3, Vezel, Altis.

ya lor ... best check all that person's + spouse + child direct asset  ......  :XD:  

• Praise 8

wa lou eh....sound like you are suggesting COE be a % of the car price leh !

I can't imagine if you are the that guy in Parliament that day recommending this.

I hope those genius formulating COE policy don't read / ever get this suggestion.

wa lou eh....sound like you are suggesting COE be a % of the car price leh !

I can't imagine if you are the that guy in Parliament that day recommending this.

I hope those genius formulating COE policy don't read / ever get this suggestion.

Just stating a fact. Not suggesting anything.  3% to a supercar owner is nothing, but 30% to a B&B car owner is plenty much. And yet you are in the same "queue" in bidding a COE.

A supercar might spend most of its time in a sheltered carpark depriving of another B&B owner who actually needs and utilize the car more.

But hey our government being a corporation they only care about $$, so who knows they might actually do it. They have 70% of the population "agreeing" with them. 

Turbocharged

There is already enough CATs of COE to ensure the working man who can afford it is able to buy his vehicle (B&B cars are more Cat A I imagine), not to mentioned the huge amount of secondhand cars as well. Plus there is Taxi, Grab, Public transport all of which used as and when is way cheaper than buying a car if cost/usage compared. 

And with regards to luxury taxes there is also the ARF and other taxes between, a Ferrari 488 GTB that cost  S$330k in UK would cost  S$995k without COE over here.

If you want to compare true cost take the ARF + COE between what both owners is paying to government to compare not just the COE component.

Category Vehicle Class Cat A Cars 1600cc & below, and the engine power should not exceed 97 kilowatts (kW) Cat B Cars 1600cc & above, or the engine power output exceeds 97 kW Cat C Goods Vehicles & Buses (including public transport buses) Cat D Motorcycles Cat E "Open" (for any kind of vehicle, in 2017 motorcycles are no longer included in Cat E COE)

Just stating a fact. Not suggesting anything.  3% to a supercar owner is nothing, but 30% to a B&B car owner is plenty much. And yet you are in the same "queue" in bidding a COE.

A supercar might spend most of its time in a sheltered carpark depriving of another B&B owner who actually needs and utilize the car more.

But hey our government being a corporation they only care about $$, so who knows they might actually do it. They have 70% of the population "agreeing" with them. 

• Praise 3

Its an idea that has not been fried, boiled, steamed, bbq, grilled.

Want to have no speeding at all? Ban all vehicles including bicycles, pmds and market trolleys.

Just like safest way not to have babies? Dun have sex. Or have same sex sex.

• Praise 1

I'm totally shocked by the mentally of that NMP! Don't know about the rest and elected ones! Sad

• Praise 1

Spot on. If you really want to discourage rich folks from driving recklessly, it has to be based on income or net worth. We should not discriminate against the Ah Mat driving a RR making $2k a month and all those full time limousine drivers.

Driving ban and suspension of license is the most effective.

Fairness? Can eat or not? Remind me of GST is there to help the poor or the removal of estate tax while not doing much for the middle class. Lol...

As the logic extends, we should set the fine & jail terms according to the education level of a criminal... higher educated criminals should be heavily punished due to the fact that they were "taught to think good".  [laugh]

Supercharged

As the logic extends, we should set the fine & jail terms according to the education level of a criminal... higher educated criminals should be heavily punished due to the fact that they were "taught to think good". [laugh]

but most people are capped at secondary school level

unless a social study professor caught cheating