Another no horse run kindness act.

Cheesey74

Viral: Son praises SGH staff for helping his elderly father who was stranded on overhead bridge for 3 hours.

https://coconuts.co/singapore/news/viral-son-praises-sgh-staff-helping-elderly-father-stranded-overhead-bridge-3-hours/

If i encounter such situation, i will just call police/hospital n wait till they come to help the old man but this lady and the old man daughters take the risk of moving him down the bridge, really salute her heart of gold and of course the man's filial daughters too   [thumbsup] ...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Sometimes it's not that one is unwilling to help, but dunno how to help. Sgh staff is trained as mentioned in the news link.

• Praise 1

kudos to the Indian madm.

but stranded for 3hrs, could have jsut called SCDF and they be there in 10 mins.

They are the professional.

• Praise 5

Twincharged

i think if i am stranded Radx will condon off the area with high wall dividers.

to think the bugger really got a heart

• Praise 4

i think if i am stranded Radx will condon off the area with high wall dividers.

to think the bugger really got a heart

Count yourself lucky if he did not  release a few dogs into the area later... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 3

With elderly, good to plan journey that will offer least "obstacles".

Eg. overhead bridges with lift, underpass to allow wheel chair access etc

Kudos to this lady who did not hesitate to jump in to the situation and render help. Old bones can be very brittle.

Reminded me of an encounter a few years back. Was at a Cheers store and came out to see a fragile old man literally hugging a pillar. He was trembling and i could see him having difficulty clinging on. Immediately went back into the store to ask for a chair. Staff was helpful to pass me one when i briefly told her why. Got the old man to relax his grip and slowly guide him to sit. He was thankful and i could see tears in his eyes, probably from all the exertion.

Called the police as he was not very sure where home was but pointed vaguely ahead then right then left.

Police came. Searched and found his IC and address was 2 blocks away. They found out from him that he was alone as children all at work. Each of guys in blue kinda lifted him and gently, slowly "carried/walked" him home after making sure that he was not injured nor in pain. Old gentleman refused an ambulance to send him to hospital.

I am sad each time i think of this incident. Because it seems the same old gentleman jumped to his death 3 days later from kitchen window. Heard it from the Cheers staff. She said she was shocked to recognise him....her timing not good she said. He fell around the time she needed to go past that block to the bus stop. I was more shocked. This old gentleman was someone i saw alive and spoke to just 3 days ago.

Haiz. Life is short. The way he left, left a sadness within me. Do cherish your loved elderly. Within your busy schedules and means, chat with them regularly. I guarantee you, you will one day missed even their nagging. Never too late to start. Not the nagging but the caring ya.

Sorry for OT. Triggered my memory. Always have a soft spot for the elderly and families who bring them for meals together have my utmost respect.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 9

Twincharged

Count yourself lucky if he did not  release a few dogs into the area later... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

no worries his dogs no teeth one

only can bark

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

Chinatown is one place that really needs to invest heavily in elderly-friendly features and facilities. In this regard, I think it is a blessing to have Dr. Lily Neo as the MP there, I think she is genuinely caring. And lest this turns political again, no I am not saying this because I am a die-hard PAP supporter (I am not). I would still be of the same view even if Dr. Neo were affiliated to another party.

• Praise 1