Neighbours from hell...

therock

A new hope:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/housing/neighbours-from-hell-move-out-ending-years-of-dispute

A couple from Bukit Panjang who were temporarily barred from their home by the court for disturbing their neighbour have sold their flat.

Meanwhile, a housewife in Punggol, whose alleged harassment forced six households out last year, has also found a buyer for her home and moved out about two weeks ago.

The latest developments in these two high-profile cases mean that years of neighbour disputes in both HDB blocks have finally come to an end.

But it also underscored what observers say: That despite measures to mediate between squabbling neighbours, the issue often can be resolved only when either party gives up and moves out.

In both cases, the two households were accused by their neighbours of creating a din. When contacted, they did not respond to queries. It is not clear where they relocated to.

In January, The Sunday Times reported that for the first time, the Community Disputes Resolution Tribunal (CDRT) under the State Courts had issued an Exclusion Order.

It barred a couple from their flat for a month after they were found to have breached an earlier court order to stop disturbing their neighbour in the unit above.

The CDRT had ordered that Madam Iwa, who is known by only one name, and Mr Low Bok Siong be excluded from their three-room flat in Pending Road from Jan 6 to Feb 6.

The couple lived in the flat with their two adult children. The Sunday Times understands that the flat was sold last month.

Their neighbour Daniel See, 29, an e-commerce manager, said: "It will be a great relief for me and my family if they are moving out, as this means that our nightmare will come to an end. However, I hope that this does not mean that they can run away from the consequences of their irresponsible conduct over the past two years."

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Supersonic
39 minutes ago, Dleodleo said:

Hope they change their behaviour when they moved to their new places.  If not another new sets if neighbours are going to suffer.

Such people hard to change de, most likely they will bring their bad behaviour to elsewhere. Also the new neighbour who will be moving in later might not mean would be good also even though the bad neighbour have moved out.

• Praise 2

43 minutes ago, Dleodleo said:

Hope they change their behaviour when they moved to their new places.  If not another new sets if neighbours are going to suffer.

Unlikely.

Based on precedent case + sufficient proof, new neighbor will take a shorter time to exclude this couple AGAIN

• Praise 1

Hope they meet new neighbours like themselves - both parties can keep each other awake! 

1 hour ago, Dleodleo said:

• Haha! 5

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Unlikely.

Based on precedent case + sufficient proof, new neighbor will take a shorter time to exclude this couple AGAIN

I was just thinking, if the disruptive neighbour movies into a new HDB, they would be bound by the Minimum Occupation Period too I assume? So in their next place, they won't be able to sell and exit so quickly, unless HDB makes an exception due to the circumstances, or the law enables some punitive measures that will keep the disruptive neighbour in check.

It's going to be trying times especially if the disruptive neighbour cause trouble in their new neighbourhood. Even though it may result in exclusion orders served, the poor new neighbours would have to likely have not much choice but to either move out or put up with it for the next 5 years if the disruptive neighbour continues to breach the exclusion orders.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Ronkovic said:

I was just thinking, if the disruptive neighbour movies into a new HDB, they would be bound by the Minimum Occupation Period too I assume? So in their next place, they won't be able to sell and exit so quickly, unless HDB makes an exception due to the circumstances, or the law enables some punitive measures that will keep the disruptive neighbour in check.

It's going to be trying times especially if the disruptive neighbour cause trouble in their new neighbourhood. Even though it may result in exclusion orders served, the poor new neighbours would have to likely have not much choice but to either move out or put up with it for the next 5 years if the disruptive neighbour continues to breach the exclusion orders.

With the exclusion order, disruptive neighbour has to move out. 
The disruptive neighbour LL has to rent another place.

Cannot ignore court order. That’s contempt of court. Straight jail.

• Praise 2

9 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

With the exclusion order, disruptive neighbour has to move out. 
The disruptive neighbour LL has to rent another place.

Cannot ignore court order. That’s contempt of court. Straight jail.

That's the thing, if I recall correctly in one of the previous cases, the disruptive neighbours repeatedly breached the order and there was also mention that it was a civil case, hence in the absence of any direct enforcement, the disruptive neighbours continued their behaviour and defied the orders for almost close to 2 years. That's a long time of pain to endure for anyone and hope nobody ever has to go through this. 

6 minutes ago, Ronkovic said:

That's the thing, if I recall correctly in one of the previous cases, the disruptive neighbours repeatedly breached the order and there was also mention that it was a civil case, hence in the absence of any direct enforcement, the disruptive neighbours continued their behaviour and defied the orders for almost close to 2 years. That's a long time of pain to endure for anyone and hope nobody ever has to go through this. 

With exclusion order from Court, disruptive neighbour has to leave by deadline.

With current behavior, it will be reference for future neighbour to expedite enforcement 

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, therock said:

Wait for someone to dig up their new address..

lets remain hopefully they change ..

What happens if they happen to move next to each other in the new place? :grin:

• Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

What happens if they happen to move next to each other in the new place? :grin:

WWE.../.we all buy popcorn watch show

• Haha! 2

I just saw the adjacent thread on letting dogs into flats.. now that can make life hell... imagine a poorly trained dog barking the entire day and night... good luck

Supersonic
48 minutes ago, therock said:

I just saw the adjacent thread on letting dogs into flats.. now that can make life hell... imagine a poorly trained dog barking the entire day and night... good luck

There is a poorly trained dog at my parents place downstairs neighbour, that dog dont bark entire day and night but only bark nonstop when there is no one at home! 😓

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged

Maybe HDB should start to consider building a couple of units in the MSCP blocks just to accommodate these confirmed cases. So it's no longer call evicting, its called "upgrade".

Got ask what happens if the 2 troublesome families move in together. That's the best outcome. 

Papers interviewed but couldn't find out where they moved to right?

Nobody has asked what happens if the punggol unit was sold to the owner of the pending road unit's owner, and the pending road unit was sold to the punggol unit's owner (i.e. exchange or contra the flats) hor?

:XD:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2