Neighbours from hell...

therock

On 3/4/2020 at 10:19 AM, Atrecord said:

This type is declaring war.

Some buay song ones, will bring this out in retaliation to put outside the fellas' door/window, and that's how things go south...

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 10.16.24 AM.png

aha so i guess this is not suppose to be normal, cos my ex neighbours always do this, can complain about people smoke outside, but this one is king of smoke

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

On 3/4/2020 at 9:18 AM, Dleodleo said:

I also kena.  Unit below smokes everywhere.  In toilet, kitchen and balcony.  We have to close our windows quickly whenever he smokes.  Damn smelly leh, breathing in 2nd hand smoke.

C an start washing your outside of the windows/balcony with plenty of water whenever he smokes? He might get the message.

• Haha! 2

58 minutes ago, Fett said:

aha so i guess this is not suppose to be normal, cos my ex neighbours always do this, can complain about people smoke outside, but this one is king of smoke

This one is fire liao, no longer smoke 😅

But i think many Chinese families could have done this in the past - and maybe still do so. It could be like a 15-min affair once/twice a month (1st/15th of lunar calendar??), or even more rare as in only on special occasions. So the nice neighbours might just close one eye and bear with it.

Smoking, however, can be very frequent and regular...

• Praise 1

25 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

C an start washing your outside of the windows/balcony with plenty of water whenever he smokes? He might get the message.

😄😄😄 how i wish i could.   Doing that will wet not only him but all the neighbours below.

But it is a good idea anyway.  I think i spray air refresher at the window to hint him whenever he smoke.

But I think he won't even care.  

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 3/3/2020 at 9:44 AM, Ronkovic said:

Perhaps she's also exceptional by possessing bionic ears that can pick up the vacuum sound even with closed windows and air conditioning. 

yah, some people have bionic ears ... One of my ex tenants complained about the aircon compressor noise outside her room. She was the first tenant to complain. So she spent money to changed the windows to double paned, but still can hear [laugh]

On 3/3/2020 at 10:13 AM, 13177 said:

Nowadays letterbox can be locked, so people cannot deposit anything inside the letterbox unless you are the postman who have the master key to open up the entire letterbox. Last time my upstairs neighbour everyday threw out one big lump of hair and landed on my aircon unit, i was so angry and pick up the hair and wanted to deposit back into the letterbox and could not cause the letterbox is locked.

how you know its them ? 

They stay top floor issit ? :D

Supersonic
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Othello said:

how you know its them ? 

They stay top floor issit ? :D

99% is them, cause the way the hair landed on my air-con unit and the hair looks and smell like from an indian woman long hair. And upstairs my unit stay an indian family.  <_< [laugh]

Edited by 13177
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

99% is them, cause the way the hair landed on my air-con unit and the hair looks and smell like from an indian woman long hair. And upstairs my unit stay an indian family.  <_< [laugh]

OMG, you picked up and smelled the hair ?!?! :blink:

• Haha! 7

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Not SCARED the hair got covid and you inhale meh, still go and smell ? 🤣

• Haha! 4

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Othello said:

OMG, you picked up and smelled the hair ?!?! :blink:

OMG, from far even can smell the indian smell liao, that type of indian hair oil that they like to use. No need to pick up and smelled. 😅

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, SiLangKia said:

Not SCARED the hair got covid and you inhale meh, still go and smell ? 🤣

Dont SCARE me le!? 😨 😂

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, therock said:

https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-guides/hdb-noisy-neighbour-complaint-cdrt-21862

HDB noisy neighbours: How to file a complaint and stop them for good

Good advice but i believe dont really work in most cases.

I remember i complain the noisy patrons after 11pm even until 1-2am opposite my house hawker centre to the hc management, and they replied telling me they cannot do anything and if i find noisy, can call the police. 

Good news:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/framework-being-reviewed-to-tackle-neighbour-disputes

A protracted dispute between two households in Bukit Panjang in which one party harassed another for two years will be considered when the authorities review measures to deal with conflicts between neighbours.

Recent media reports and letters to ST Forum will also be taken into account in the review of the framework for community dispute resolutions, which is done continually, said the Ministry of Law (MinLaw) and the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY).

Their joint reply was in response to a series of reports by The Straits Times regarding the long-drawn court process experienced by Mr Daniel See to stop the couple living below him from deliberately creating a racket to harass him.

The ministries said they had received feedback from Mr See himself, after his story was reported, and described his case as "unusual and unique", as the majority of cases are successfully resolved through the framework.

It also noted that parties who turn to the courts for resolution must be willing to comply with court processes and procedures.

This is something Mr See said his neighbours, who have breached three court orders, are clearly unwilling to do.

HOW TO GO ABOUT RESOLVING DIFFERENCES

• Contact your grassroots leaders for help. You can get in touch with them through your nearest community club.

• Seek help from the Community Mediation Centre, which has a panel of trained volunteer mediators. Register your case online or call the hotline on 1800-2255-529.

• Seek legal recourse as a last resort, after all efforts at mediation have failed. Find out more on how to file a claim at the Community Disputes Resolution Tribunal at the State Courts website: https://www.statecourts.gov.sg/cws/CDRT/Pages/CDRT-Process.aspx

Source: HDB website

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, therock said:

Good news:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/framework-being-reviewed-to-tackle-neighbour-disputes

HOW TO GO ABOUT RESOLVING DIFFERENCES

• Contact your grassroots leaders for help. You can get in touch with them through your nearest community club.

• Seek help from the Community Mediation Centre, which has a panel of trained volunteer mediators. Register your case online or call the hotline on 1800-2255-529.

• Seek legal recourse as a last resort, after all efforts at mediation have failed. Find out more on how to file a claim at the Community Disputes Resolution Tribunal at the State Courts website: https://www.statecourts.gov.sg/cws/CDRT/Pages/CDRT-Process.aspx

Source: HDB website

this kind of b**tard neighbour best way to stop it is to hope it kena COVID !  🤣

Turbocharged

If my life is is badly threatened, I would produce evidence and poh mata.

If mata still say they cannot help, then stomp that mata.

8 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

If my life is is badly threatened, I would produce evidence and poh mata.

If mata still say they cannot help, then stomp that mata.

hearsay in some countries, such matters are settled by triads not police 😅

Edited by sti2020
  • Praise 1

On 3/6/2020 at 11:27 AM, Dleodleo said:

😄😄😄 how i wish i could.   Doing that will wet not only him but all the neighbours below.

But it is a good idea anyway.  I think i spray air refresher at the window to hint him whenever he smoke.

But I think he won't even care.  

Good idea

Use this kind of aerosol air freshener open the window and spray at the cigarette.

:grin:

image.thumb.png.06ba3757b25c280a8118e6d6083545a0.png

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3