Indonesia to build link bridge between Bintan and Batam

PSP415

Telling our immediate neighbour even if they do not like us, there are others who like to partner with us.

• Praise 1

The indonesia bridge cannot drive 4 wheels over , let alone pump shiok shiok.

Cost of bridges so ex, thy sure recoup back from tourists, one example - Nasi Padang dishes and you will know, so many to choose, one touch the plate considered makan liao  [lipsrsealed]

Batam and Bintan got 7km so close meh ? 

Probably not the tourist areas we go to, me thinks.

Sound like some ego project. 

The indonesia bridge cannot drive 4 wheels over , let alone pump shiok shiok.

Cost of bridges so ex, thy sure recoup back from tourists, one example - Nasi Padang dishes and you will know, so many to choose, one touch the plate considered makan liao [lipsrsealed]

About Usd300M for 7km. not really that expensive right?

Think our expressway and mrt can cost much more.

Hopefully it's not crooked....

Cannot. Got copyright. Later u know who will sue.

• Praise 1

I doubt the distant only 7km that take 45min by ferry. Also how vessels going to pass through?

I see at google map ard 7km based on the google map ruler

Should build a link bridge to Sg.

Too far and bridge will affect container shipping route

This is just another vanity project.

The population of Batam (1.2m) and Bintan (300k), combined, stands at about 1.5m. Out of this 1.5m population, how many of them have the need to commute between the two islands on a daily basis? When you narrow that down, out of these who commute daily between the two islands, how many of them already own a car or is financially well enough to own a car?

It's not many.

Indonesia is going to spend S$385m on this bridge just to benefit a small population of residents there, so to speak. I don't see that this is a wise expenditure when much of the country still live below the poverty line.

Dangerous ferry rides with poor safety record is a long time ailment in the area. Indonesia could have spend 30%-40% of that cost to help the ferry companies upgrade their vessels with grants etc while the rest be used more efficiently towards other economic development to benefit the local population.

And of course it's Indonesia.... a portion of that S$385m will find their way into "private accounts".

• Praise 6

This is just another vanity project.

The population of Batam (1.2m) and Bintan (300k), combined, stands at about 1.5m. Out of this 1.5m population, how many of them have the need to commute between the two islands on a daily basis? When you narrow that down, out of these who commute daily between the two islands, how many of them already own a car or is financially well enough to own a car?

It's not many.

Indonesia is going to spend S$385m on this bridge just to benefit a small population of residents there, so to speak. I don't see that this is a wise expenditure when much of the country still live below the poverty line.

Dangerous ferry rides with poor safety record is a long time ailment in the area. Indonesia could have spend 30%-40% of that cost to help the ferry companies upgrade their vessels with grants etc while the rest be used more efficiently towards other economic development to benefit the local population.

And of course it's Indonesia.... a portion of that S$385m will find their way into "private accounts".

I agree that they should really improve their dangerous rides. Machiam got too many citizens liao so let some die never mind kind of attitude.

Articles often cited overcrowding as the cause of ferry mishaps. Seriously, how difficult to tell ppl its full house and ferry will drown, i mean sink. Guess it sounds better than say ferry was actually unsafe due to poor state of maintenance or no maintenance. Dead ppl cant talk or challenge.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

should spend the money to build hospital, commnuity centres or improve tourism to increase their income

should spend the money to build hospital, commnuity centres or improve tourism to increase their income

How u know they are not doing that already?

• Praise 3

Supersonic

I see at google map ard 7km based on the google map ruler

Too far and bridge will affect container shipping route

Penang bridge is 13.5 km.

It's probably a matter of political will.

If everyone can drive to Batam, the Causeway will see a drop in traffic. [laugh]

Supersonic

I don't think it is a vanity project la.

Can't even compete with our YOG, how to show off that you can spend 400m and get nothing in return.

• Praise 1

wait.... i read the chinese newspaper it says the bridge is link from Batam to Bintan, not to singapore leh   [confused]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2