Vantage Motors Sells BYD

therock

The petrol song max failed the crash test like nobody's business. Can't picture my family in that moving coffin.

I have the opportunity to be ferried around in a friend's Song Max (1.5L Turbo) during my trip to QingDao last Dec. Surprisingly well built car with very decent performance (156hp / 240Nm). Space is similar to a Mazda 5 and Toyota Wish.

FYI, the car is the brain child of Wolfgang Egger (former Head of Design in Audi Group and Lancia, who is now the Design Director in BYD - since 2017), and probably the reason why all new BYD model have big grille with horizontal chromed stripes... [cool]

byd_song_max_2.jpeg

byd_song_max_4.jpeg

byd_song_max_7.jpeg

byd_song_max_24.jpeg

In Singapore context, Vantage should bring in the same 1.5T version, if not the Song Max DM (plug-in hybrid with 158hp / 250Nm), so as to be able to reach out to more potential buyer. Anyway, look forward to it launch next year.

byd_song_max_84.jpeg

byd_song_max_6.jpeg

byd_song_max_dm.png

↡ Advertisement

The petrol song max failed the crash test like nobody's business. Can't picture my family in that moving coffin.

Buay song leh...

Potential hearse? Heh

Will Dyson's made in Singapore electric car be given preferential tax rate so that i can save $300-400 a month on energy/fuel cost?

Supersonic

Will Dyson's made in Singapore electric car be given preferential tax rate so that i can save $300-400 a month on energy/fuel cost?

Given that it's a Dyson, it's probably gonna be wayyyyy overpriced. Likelihood u will spend $3000-4000 extra a month instead on the car...lol

(edited)

Maybe save 20% customs import duties, since it will not be "imported" but from Jurong....

Will be very interesting if the pricings and class around C and E class region.

Edited by Volvobrick

Given that it's a Dyson, it's probably gonna be wayyyyy overpriced. Likelihood u will spend $3000-4000 extra a month instead on the car...lol

That is true. Since when Dyson's stuff are cheap.

Maybe save 20% customs import duties, since it will not be "imported" but from Jurong....

Will be very interesting if the pricings and class around C and E class region.

If Tesla pricing, don't think 20% on OMV will move the needle much.

Supersonic

That is true. Since when Dyson's stuff are cheap.

Am sure he's thanking those who bought his overpriced hairdryers and overpriced fans for this:

post-1105-0-11574000-1563612546_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

In Singapore context, Vantage should bring in the same 1.5T version, if not the Song Max DM (plug-in hybrid with 158hp / 250Nm), so as to be able to reach out to more potential buyer. Anyway, look forward to it launch next year.

Total Range ~750km, overall output of 305hp and 495Nm... Pretty good numbers for a MPV

• Praise 3

Am sure he's thanking those who bought his overpriced hairdryers and overpriced fans for this:

Actually, the real money is in the cordless vacuum cleaners, I think.

Even bean counters like me bought one but i must say they are really good to have at home and when i need to vacuum my car.

Supersonic

Actually, the real money is in the cordless vacuum cleaners, I think.

Even bean counters like me bought one but i must say they are really good to have at home and when i need to vacuum my car.

Wah sei....u buy Dyson to vacuum car? I use B&D (free gift one). Ok bah

Twincharged

ya.. a kuku hair dryer is $600.

Supersonic

Abuthen....how else can afford biggest penthouse in Sg. Pay full cash somemore ok?

My Italian Parlux is good enough for me but i have heard very good reviews of their hair dryers.