Taxi driver post video of drunk girl with no money

Piyopico

Turbocharged

Both got wrong..but i worry for the drunk defenceless lady...

I think a lot of drunk hapless ladies are taken advantage of during weekends after partying...esp those from banking sectors...i saw how my citibank ladyfrend kena rubba and groped after she became tipsy lol

I worry for u kena grab by her..

we know lar....when you get this kind of customers.....20 bucks fare can be replaced with a b....ð·ð·ð·. My taxi driver friend told me he got many offers especially when driving at night and passenger got no money to pay...ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£

Male ones especially
↡ Advertisement

Waste taxi driver time and not paying is horrible. Why these ppl exist? There’s no one at home who can help pay for the fare? Can’t even do paynow? Being drunk is not an excuse to evade fare.

Waste taxi driver time and not paying is horrible. Why these ppl exist? There’s no one at home who can help pay for the fare? Can’t even do paynow? Being drunk is not an excuse to evade fare.

At least this 1 know how to take taxi home.

There are some that just sleep on the street. 

Kenna rape also don't know.

Since she can't find her bag, likely also no phone.

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=351168979094837&_rdr

He called the police so no reason to post this on FB.

Poor girl. I would have paid for her and gave her my contact to return the money. Many uncles here would do the same hor.......

ð

aiyo! He's so not gentleman. Just call the police will do no need to film and shame her. Obviously she's drunk. He should show some empathy.
  • Praise 15

Twincharged
(edited)

Not siding the taxi driver, but making a police report is also a waste of time. Spend 1hr or more to record statements? And also no guarantee of getting money. If you keena such customer every few nights, won’t it be a huge hassle?

I agree that he should not have posted it up on FB. But how else is he gonna get paid? Be nice and always get conned?

I would say make fare evasion criminal as shop lifting.

Edited by Mkl22

Turbocharged
(edited)

Not siding the taxi driver, but making a police report is also a waste of time. Spend 1hr or more to record statements? And also no guarantee of getting money. If you keena such customer every few nights, wonât it be a huge hassle?

I agree that he should not have posted it up on FB. But how else is he gonna get paid? Be nice and always get conned?

I would say make fare evasion criminal as shop lifting.

Here u go brudder

http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/ptc/apps/fcd_faqmain.aspx?qst=hRhkP9BzcBImsx2TBbssMsxu7lqt6UJK70a1wAEVmyfCd3sZLjpNt7l1D7bDWONYZcdY%2FQr1%2FwhyZu29v0kgKld4Pigt2p8Bda2B%2BrgHBeG8HxwcZmp1IAzGiMc5tBS0ryiRspNq3Z5TQtvtGnUsVg%3D%3D#FAQ_182963

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 2

Twincharged
(edited)

As a girl, she was foolish to get herself drunk and did not prepare to have another pal to send her home before drinking. That is the mistake she did.

As a taxi driver, he should not have exposed his customer in the internet especially his customer is in this state of condition.

As a person, he knew that the girl was drunk or tipsy, he should have been more understanding, even if he was not prepared to help her, he should at least not humiliating her by taking a video of her and post it on the internet. Money is not everything in life. Unless he gets this type of passenger everyday, then he should have just stopped driving taxi. Can see this taxi driver has no compassion, money come first, an internet opportunist to get himself famous by posting video of others when they are suffering.

I remember last time when I was younger and was late for to go to camp and I took taxi when reached, realised I forget to bring wallet. I apologise and told taxi driver about it and said that I will transfer him and or pass him money later at evening when I reach home. (that time where got paynow, and I banking is still quite not so familiar with the taxi driver, plus I never bring the digital token.) taxi driver took my word for it and trusted me that I would pay him later and I took his contact no so that I could contact him after I reach home.

So I did my promised and called him when I reach home and get my wallet and then go pass the money to him. Lucky he stay quite near my place and his shift already ended, so it was all good. Imagine if taxi uncle would be less forgiving to me at that time and said want bring me to police station, no such thing as make me famous as that time the hp not like now camera so good quality, can take video and post online and etc. Things would be a different outcome, a less positive one.

So yeah, hope to not go to the trend where people are less forgiving and trust no one. Society will be quite sad that way. Lucky we still hear stories of grab driver go all the way to not take cash from wheelchair pax to taxi driver who personally go to restaurant to find pax to return $100 that pax give wrong notes. So hope is all not lost yet.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 15

Supersonic

He should not be a taxi driver .......    :pissed-off:

Shame on himself for posting in FB to shame her by video it & making her famous.... [thumbsdown]

Sometimes as a driver, one should gives & take lar......  ^_^

Although she can't pay but most of the time, the taxi driver will meet good passengers who doesn't even want to receive their loose change back. This could add to ten over dollars per shift and could have contra it with this drunkard lady fare. -_-

It's obviously wrong of him to post the video.

But it is also wrong for you to expect a taxi driver to "give and take" and contra with tips from others.

• Praise 6

Turbocharged

Actually I don't quite understand why the passenger is labelled as evading fare payment.

Evasion means running away with no intention to pay. From the short video, I don't see fare evasion behavior.

From the video and the audio recording, there is malice in the cabbie's conduct. Other than the legitimate demand of wanting to be paid for his transport services, he has another intention to shame the passenger. She may not come out looking too good about the whole episode but he clearly comes out looking a lot worse. The fact that he feels so fully justified in the whole process right up to posting his video (and probably thinking that he will be overwhelmingly supported), tells me about this person's character. I don't know whether posting the video violates the cab company's policies but if I were the cab company, I will probably part ways with him asap. 

• Praise 17

Twincharged

I remember last time when I was younger and was late for to go to camp and I took taxi when reached, realised I forget to bring wallet. I apologise and told taxi driver about it and said that I will transfer him and or pass him money later at evening when I reach home. (that time where got paynow, and I banking is still quite not so familiar with the taxi driver, plus I never bring the digital token.) taxi driver took my word for it and trusted me that I would pay him later and I took his contact no so that I could contact him after I reach home.

So I did my promised and called him when I reach home and get my wallet and then go pass the money to him. Lucky he stay quite near my place and his shift already ended, so it was all good. Imagine if taxi uncle would be less forgiving to me at that time and said want bring me to police station, no such thing as make me famous as that time the hp not like now camera so good quality, can take video and post online and etc. Things would be a different outcome, a less positive one.

So yeah, hope to not go to the trend where people are less forgiving and trust no one. Society will be quite sad that way. Lucky we still hear stories of grab driver go all the way to not take cash from wheelchair pax to taxi driver who personally go to restaurant to find pax to return $100 that pax give wrong notes. So hope is all not lost yet.

the problem is too many con jobs out there. in switzerland you can even have the restaurant bill you at home after your meal. no need to pay on the spot.

One kind of rice, hundred kind of people. 

Both the taxi uncle and the lady are in the wrong. 

Why drink until like that in the first place?

And, the taxi uncle, you know you are picking up drunken and a lady some more. You 将心比心。 Imagine she is your family member who might had a bad day in office, or who had just lost her job and hence had one glass too many. It is your duty to ensure she reached home safely. Never mind about the fare. How much can it be as compared to this good gesture of ensuring she reached her home safely. I am sure you will be rewarded many times more by SOMEONE that you have FAITH in.

By showing her video on the net, I am not sure how her Company will view her behaviour. She may lose her job. She may have a big quarrel with her hubby/boyfriend and leads to something more serious. The end point of this saga is unpredictable

• Praise 1

One kind of rice, hundred kind of people. 

Both the taxi uncle and the lady are in the wrong. 

Why drink until like that in the first place?

And, the taxi uncle, you know you are picking up drunken and a lady some more. You 将心比心。 Imagine she is your family member who might had a bad day in office, or who had just lost her job and hence had one glass too many. It is your duty to ensure she reached home safely. Never mind about the fare. How much can it be as compared to this good gesture of ensuring she reached her home safely. I am sure you will be rewarded many times more by SOMEONE that you have FAITH in.

By showing her video on the net, I am not sure how her Company will view her behaviour. She may lose her job. She may have a big quarrel with her hubby/boyfriend and leads to something more serious. The end point of this saga is unpredictable

this is old thinking liao, nowadays boss/family/bf won't mind such behavior cos is quite common in the current gen.

Singapore govt should just extend the ban of selling alcohol to island wide after 10:30pm right or not? Since there are so much problems with ppl who cant control their drinking and the trouble they create. Just ban. Drink water.

• Praise 1

I know of someone that was so drunk and cannot be woken up. 

Taxi lao was so pissed after reaching the destination,  drove him to a tampines industrial area and dumped him there. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2