Taxi driver post video of drunk girl with no money

Piyopico

Supersonic

possible. My uncle is a part time TD and he always tells me stories. Same scenario, friends helped drunk on board and tell him location. My uncle will always say " One of you have to come along, or else I won't drive off" He also kenna a few times drunks. He say very leceh one. Some emotional, some will be super friendly, some will be short tempered ... etc

People like to dump their drunken friend problem to a taxi/phv driver, walked away and continue their drinking.

I witness once, along Upp East Coast Rd. If I passed by, as a phv driver, I'll continue driving on and cancel the trip.

Supercharged

Drunk customers are a hazard or risk to many trades.

The transport providers such as taxi, private hire or even public transport come to mind.

The restaurants and pubs serving liquour forms the vast majority of such trades.

If you think it is ok for the taxi driver to harass, be rude and shame the drunk girl you also need to accept that it should be ok for restaurants and clubs etc to do likewise.

Why are the restaurants or clubs not doing likewise? Cos....... they won't stay in business for long if they do so. Call the police by all means but posting videos?

Discussion should not focus on why drink so much in my opinion.

Exactly right.

Also, I believe someone else brought up the scenario of the drunk Indian male fare evader and how the comments from the online peanut gallery would've been different.

Wait, no need to hypothesise. Got such a case this year already.

https://mothership.sg/2019/01/singapore-taxi-driver-drunk-passenger/

That was posted in mothership. On that fairly moderate forum, already there are FB comments like "drive him to the police station" and "whip him". On less... restrained fora, the comments grow correspondingly more colourful.

As a direct comparison, see the article on this girl's incident, also on mothership:

https://mothership.sg/2019/07/taxi-driver-drunk-lady-never-pay-fare-backfire/

As much as this is a distasteful thing to say: Sinkies are largely a bunch of hypocrites, with massive dollops of racism and sexism colouring (no pun intended) their views but without the insight to recognise it, nor the good grace to admit it.

I give progressively less of a sh*t, day by day, what Sinkies "think" on social media, and that applies to this forum too. Dislike me all you want.

I do have to be fair and say that "white knight" syndrome is hardly a Sinkie-exclusive failing. It seems men worldwide think with their dicks and post on behalf of their... well, posts. Doesn't make it any more excusable in my view. Stupid is stupid.

In any case, I agree with you - while taking public transport is the more responsible option when inebriated, no one should voluntarily place themselves in an extremely vulnerable position like this - that's just terrible judgement and the height of irresponsibility. The girl is lucky that this is the worst thing that happened to her that day (that we and she know of, at least).

Very chim.

Since I don't have time to watch an hour of rubbish right now, I'll have to make some assumptions about content.

If it's about identity and sense of self, then I say... 

I have to be myself because no one else wants to be me. Believe me, I've asked. 

And if it's one of those new age, faddish AMDK Hindu/Buddhist cultural appropriation things vis a vis "mindfulness" (whatever the f*** that means) or meditation or yoga, then I ask you...

Is this your favourite yoga position?

post-52704-0-13617900-1563373267_thumb.jpg

Because your post looks like you wrote it from that unique vantage point.

:D

(edited)

Very chim.

Since I don't have time to watch an hour of rubbish right now, I'll have to make some assumptions about content.

And if it's one of those new age, faddish AMDK Hindu/Buddhist cultural appropriation things vis a vis "mindfulness" (whatever the f*** that means) or meditation or yoga, then I ask you...

attachicon.gifIs-this-your-favorite--Yoga-position.jpg

Hahaha its none of the above.

Nothing religious its all science

on why Sinkies are largely a bunch of hypocrites, with massive dollops of racism and sexism colouring (no pun intended) their views but without the insight to recognise it, nor the good grace to admit it.

Edited by Jamesc

(edited)

Sure. "Science".

Please don't watch the video.

Your posts on the conclusion of the video you didn't watch are so funny and amusing.

If you watched it your posts might have been bland and boring and we only like funny and amusing.

And we don't like bland and boring.  [thumbsup]

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

Very chim.

attachicon.gifIs-this-your-favorite--Yoga-position.jpg

Please don't watch the video.

Your posts on the conclusion of the video you didn't watch are so funny and amusing.

If you watched it your posts might have been bland and boring and we only like funny and amusing.

And we don't like bland and boring. [thumbsup]

Exactly. I try to keep my mind uncluttered.

So my opinions are always fresh and amusing.

I aim to please.

Turbocharged

After so many days, I have ONE question...

Is her bag found?

Has the taxi driver been paid for the fare already??

• Praise 1

Taxi driver lost his job, just bcuz he post inappropriately for a small fare lost.

I am sure he will be driving Uber or Transcab soon.

A message has been sent, don't suka suka post video on social media, there are repercussions.

The rules/ laws are so clear yet more and more people are doing it. To quote a MCFer, everybody feels they can destroy somebody's life with camera and keyboard. Many idiots out there need to be told they can't be police, judge and executioner all rolled into one.

• Praise 3

:a-m1212:

I am sure he will be driving Uber or Transcab soon.

A message has been sent, don't suka suka post video on social media, there are repercussions.

The rules/ laws are so clear yet more and more people are doing it. To quote a MCFer, everybody feels they can destroy somebody's life with camera and keyboard. Many idiots out there need to be told they can't be police, judge and executioner all rolled into one.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1