Taxi driver post video of drunk girl with no money

Piyopico

Supersonic

One kind of rice, hundred kind of people. 

Both the taxi uncle and the lady are in the wrong. 

Why drink until like that in the first place?

And, the taxi uncle, you know you are picking up drunken and a lady some more. You 将心比心。 Imagine she is your family member who might had a bad day in office, or who had just lost her job and hence had one glass too many. It is your duty to ensure she reached home safely. Never mind about the fare. How much can it be as compared to this good gesture of ensuring she reached her home safely. I am sure you will be rewarded many times more by SOMEONE that you have FAITH in.

By showing her video on the net, I am not sure how her Company will view her behaviour. She may lose her job. She may have a big quarrel with her hubby/boyfriend and leads to something more serious. The end point of this saga is unpredictable

Sorry but it isn't the duty of a taxi driver to ensure she reaches home safely if she isn't a paying customer.

If you see someone drunk by the side of the road when you are driving, is it your duty to pick them up in your car and send them home? One might do it out of goodwill - but duty?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

And, the taxi uncle, you know you are picking up drunken and a lady some more. You 将心比心。 Imagine she is your family member who might had a bad day in office, or who had just lost her job and hence had one glass too many. It is your duty to ensure she reached home safely. Never mind about the fare. How much can it be as compared to this good gesture of ensuring she reached her home safely. I am sure you will be rewarded many times more by SOMEONE that you have FAITH in.

By showing her video on the net, I am not sure how her Company will view her behaviour. She may lose her job. She may have a big quarrel with her hubby/boyfriend and leads to something more serious. The end point of this saga is unpredictable

what duty? the duty is only to ensure she gets picked up and dropped off safely while in the car. once out of the car, the taxi driver's job is done.

Supersonic

what duty? the duty is only to ensure she gets picked up and dropped off safely while in the car. once out of the car, the taxi driver's job is done.

No money then it isn't even the taxi driver's duty to ensure she gets picked up.

this is old thinking liao, nowadays boss/family/bf won't mind such behavior cos is quite common in the current gen.

Alamak, I old fashion already. 

I need to get myself drunk later and takes a cab home [bigcry]

Turbocharged

Will pay for her and fetch her anywhere she wants haha

i think she makes a good wife :D :D

because normally after 3 glasses, one will show his/her true self.... some become violent, some naggy, all sorts of patterns come out

but this one still stay demure and courteous :D

• Praise 11

Turbocharged

Next moment be PHV driver.. LPPL..

Ok now licebowl affected....

mebbe go Transcab now...transcab cabbies xibeh aggressive..suit him... [laugh]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

And, the taxi uncle, you know you are picking up drunken and a lady some more. You å°å¿æ¯å¿ã Imagine she is your family member who might had a bad day in office, or who had just lost her job and hence had one glass too many. It is your duty to ensure she reached home safely. Never mind about the fare. How much can it be as compared to this good gesture of ensuring she reached her home safely. I am sure you will be rewarded many times more by SOMEONE that you have FAITH in.

Why u all say she drink alot, u have not seen wat is drink alot :D
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

Driver was fired by Comfort liao 

nowadays, ppl too trigger happy with their phones ... anything also want to take pic or video and post to "shame" the other party ... end up screw own self.

see lor .... make her famous ... and make himself famous at the same time also.

• Praise 1

nowadays, ppl too trigger happy with their phones ... anything also want to take pic or video and post to "shame" the other party ... end up screw own self.

see lor .... make her famous ... and make himself famous at the same time also.

He will not be found out but that girl or woman kenna until like dunno what to say , his driving license is not revoked .... he will just jump ship n join another company , nothing for him to loose as nobody saw his face or published ..... just like the limo case at Changi airport , the client face splashed all over but driver face not seen
  • Praise 3

He will not be found out but that girl or woman kenna until like dunno what to say , his driving license is not revoked .... he will just jump ship n join another company , nothing for him to loose as nobody saw his face or published ..... just like the limo case at Changi airport , the client face splashed all over but driver face not seen

He can be found out. But good to move on.

He needs to eat and live too. Hopefully ppl are reminded such videos uploaded on social media can be a double-edged sword.

Be very sure and consider all angles before sharing. No point breaking own rice bowls in a moment of anger or foolishness. Karma can come very fast to say hello.

I hope he learnt his lesson. Hope he's able to get a job soon.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 7

he was fired but the customer can still sue him in private, not sure there will be any report even if she did.

(edited)

Easy for us to comment.

When your livelihood is threatened some of us may do irrational things.

If the passenger happened to be an obnoxious ugly gal or guy would we view things differently.

Isn't it irresponsible to be stone drunk from personal enjoyment to cause others to suffer

Two wrongs don't make it right.

Exactly right.

Also, I believe someone else brought up the scenario of the drunk Indian male fare evader and how the comments from the online peanut gallery would've been different.

Wait, no need to hypothesise. Got such a case this year already.

https://mothership.sg/2019/01/singapore-taxi-driver-drunk-passenger/

That was posted in mothership. On that fairly moderate forum, already there are FB comments like "drive him to the police station" and "whip him". On less... restrained fora, the comments grow correspondingly more colourful.

As a direct comparison, see the article on this girl's incident, also on mothership:

https://mothership.sg/2019/07/taxi-driver-drunk-lady-never-pay-fare-backfire/

As much as this is a distasteful thing to say: Sinkies are largely a bunch of hypocrites, with massive dollops of racism and sexism colouring (no pun intended) their views but without the insight to recognise it, nor the good grace to admit it.

I give progressively less of a sh*t, day by day, what Sinkies "think" on social media, and that applies to this forum too. Dislike me all you want.

I do have to be fair and say that "white knight" syndrome is hardly a Sinkie-exclusive failing. It seems men worldwide think with their dicks and post on behalf of their... well, posts. Doesn't make it any more excusable in my view. Stupid is stupid.

In any case, I agree with you - while taking public transport is the more responsible option when inebriated, no one should voluntarily place themselves in an extremely vulnerable position like this - that's just terrible judgement and the height of irresponsibility. The girl is lucky that this is the worst thing that happened to her that day (that we and she know of, at least).

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5