Taxi driver post video of drunk girl with no money

Piyopico

(edited)

He can be found out. But good to move on.

He needs to eat and live too. Hopefully ppl are reminded such videos uploaded on social media can be a double-edged sword.

Be very sure and consider all angles before sharing. No point breaking own rice bowls in a moment of anger or foolishness. Karma can come very fast to say hello.

I hope he learnt his lesson. Hope he's able to get a job soon.

Safe ride

Cheers

Bro you worried about his job, what about the lady pax job also as in corporate image of the Company once it finds out ??

There is such a thing as bad debts or some call it rainy days ,he could have just accompanied her to the house and collected the monies from family members

Just sharing only

he was fired but the customer can still sue him in private, not sure there will be any report even if she did.

Talk is easy , private Summons is not easy and also long drawn and drag and who knows even if you get it in your favor the fellow just declare bankruptcy Edited by BanCoe
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Bro you worried about his job, what about the lady pax job also as in corporate image of the Company once it finds out ??

There is such a thing as bad debts or some call it rainy days ,he could have just accompanied her to the house and collected the monies from family members

Just sharing only

Lets put it this way.

He's 100% lost his job already.

We do not know about hers but reading thru just the comments including mine here empathising with her situation, i am guessing her rice bowl still intact.

Corporate image not affected. Who knows, she may even get ppl asking if she's ok and whether she has paid the fare or if she needs help with it.

Yes, he should have handled things much better on hindsight. We both agreed that shaming her is not the best nor the most effective cos he was not still not paid then hence the police report made.

He needs to eat and live ya. So of course i hope he gets a job soon. I am not worried because here, got hands got legs, not lazy, not too fussy and managed expectations, can get a job to feed a few mouths with 3 square meals.

Just sharing too.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Thw whole episode of recording. I suspect the driver was drunk too.

Maybe he should apologize to the passsenger when he is sober one day.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Exactly right.

Also, I believe someone else brought up the scenario of the drunk Indian male fare evader and how the comments from the online peanut gallery would've been different.

Wait, no need to hypothesise. Got such a case this year already.

https://mothership.sg/2019/01/singapore-taxi-driver-drunk-passenger/

That was posted in mothership. On that fairly moderate forum, already there are FB comments like "drive him to the police station" and "whip him". On less... restrained fora, the comments grow correspondingly more colourful.

As a direct comparison, see the article on this girl's incident, also on mothership:

https://mothership.sg/2019/07/taxi-driver-drunk-lady-never-pay-fare-backfire/

As much as this is a distasteful thing to say: Sinkies are largely a bunch of hypocrites, with massive dollops of racism and sexism colouring (no pun intended) their views but without the insight to recognise it, nor the good grace to admit it.

I give progressively less of a sh*t, day by day, what Sinkies "think" on social media, and that applies to this forum too. Dislike me all you want.

I do have to be fair and say that "white knight" syndrome is hardly a Sinkie-exclusive failing. It seems men worldwide think with their dicks and post on behalf of their... well, posts. Doesn't make it any more excusable in my view. Stupid is stupid.

In any case, I agree with you - while taking public transport is the more responsible option when inebriated, no one should voluntarily place themselves in an extremely vulnerable position like this - that's just terrible judgement and the height of irresponsibility. The girl is lucky that this is the worst thing that happened to her that day (that we and she know of, at least).

Very different. Guy case : taxi driver is patient n polite yet the guy ran off with INTENT to evade paying. Lady case : driver bloody rude to begin with, lady stayed calm though tipsy throughout. Did she try to run away?
  • Praise 5

Very different. Guy case : taxi driver is patient n polite yet the guy ran off with INTENT to evade paying. Lady case : driver bloody rude to begin with, lady stayed calm though tipsy throughout. Did she try to run away?

Is that the root cause? We know it's because of drinking. But ppl want to focus on other things like how demure is the charbor or how rude is the taxi driver to begin with. Just ask yourself what caused this to happen. Drinking. Plain and simple.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Comfort did not name the driver but the girls whole Neighbourhood and workplace will be talking about her drunkardness

post-157298-0-52223200-1563236737_thumb.jpeg

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 6

(edited)

Those interviewed are guys.... the two guys all side with the charbor. LoL.....

If it were to be some random amtk or Indian dude I wonder what the tiko pehs will say.

Can't trust guys to make a fair comment when there's a pretty girl in the picture. Fact.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Just sharing only

Talk is easy , private Summons is not easy and also long drawn and drag and who knows even if you get it in your favor the fellow just declare bankruptcy

thats the loop hole.. the longer it drags, the more expensive it is.

Legal way is a rich mans game.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Taxi and PHV drivers cannot be fired as they are their own boss renting a taxi or car to make money. They don’t have salaries. It’s akin to renting a shop unit or space in a mall.

By terminating his contract, comfort has lost rental income. Just like a shopping mall leaving a shop unit empty.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

If it were to be some random amtk or Indian dude I wonder what the tiko pehs will say.

Can't trust guys to make a fair comment when there's a pretty girl in the picture. Fact.

Sad to say bro..i have seen better lol

it was never fair for such cases, or in work place, or in entertainment industry or in any where.
  • Praise 1

it was never fair for such cases, or in work place, or in entertainment industry or in any where.

Fair comment lah. Not asking for fairness. I KNEW it will be biased because of the charbor there.

Fair comment lah. Not asking for fairness. I KNEW it will be biased because of the charbor there.

actually not necessary because of the charbor, if interview women they will also side the girl cos they are afraid it could them one day  [laugh]

once again, mobile phone/social media 1 - User 0.

actually not necessary because of the charbor, if interview women they will also side the girl cos they are afraid it could them one day  [laugh]

once again, mobile phone/social media 1 - User 0.

Until then let's hear it from a woman.

Turbocharged

Is that the root cause? We know it's because of drinking. But ppl want to focus on other things like how demure is the charbor or how rude is the taxi driver to begin with. Just ask yourself what caused this to happen. Drinking. Plain and simple.

Why is drinking a root cause? If the lady wasn't drunk, still lost or misplaced her bag and unable to pay, would the driver still take video and shame her??

Note, ain't drinkers suppose to take cab instead of drink n drive? So now for those who drink, they can't drink n drive and they can't take cab because they might not be in the right state of mind to pay the fare?

I disagree it's because of the charbor. If u recall the "is it because I m Chinese" incident, all wack the charbor.
  • Praise 1

Driver was fired by Comfort liao 

He deserves it!  I believe many other taxi drivers encounter such incident before but they never make a big hoo-ha.  Such incident should be part and parcel in their line.  What he did is totally ungentleman.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/comfortdelgro-fires-cabby-who-filmed-drunk-passenger-after-she-did-not-pay-fare?utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ST_Newsletter_AM&utm_term=%27I+will+make+you+very+famous%27%3A+ComfortDelGro+cabby+loses+job+after+filming+drunk+passenger+who+didn%27t+pay+fare&utm_content=16%2F07%2F2019

• Praise 7

Why is drinking a root cause? If the lady wasn't drunk, still lost or misplaced her bag and unable to pay, would the driver still take video and shame her??

Note, ain't drinkers suppose to take cab instead of drink n drive? So now for those who drink, they can't drink n drive and they can't take cab because they might not be in the right state of mind to pay the fare?

Can you prove that? Dont create a scenerio that didnt happen. If you cant prove it it will be a waste of time and I wont attempt to answer it.

Why would any woman put themselves in a vunerable position and not have a woman colleague or companion with her if she's out drinking?

Supersonic

Next moment be PHV driver.. LPPL..

Or go to Transcab to join his comrades...
↡ Advertisement