Taxi driver post video of drunk girl with no money

Piyopico

i think its a shame that until today 2019.

having passenger evading fare is part n parcel of their life.

taxi driver normally  are at a lost lost situation when ppl run road.

we need much tougher laws to protect them.

if they seldom have ppl evade fare, i am sure they will be more gracious toward geniune case/

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

Why is drinking a root cause? If the lady wasn't drunk, still lost or misplaced her bag and unable to pay, would the driver still take video and shame her??

Note, ain't drinkers suppose to take cab instead of drink n drive? So now for those who drink, they can't drink n drive and they can't take cab because they might not be in the right state of mind to pay the fare?

Cannot drink and drive doesn't mean it becomes your right to take taxi without being able to pay leh.

You do know it is possible to drink in moderation right?

• Praise 2

Most of those LIMO Taxi Lao’s attitude really CMI...

So far , only met one or two with acceptable svc Std..

I have to agree.

I wonder if its becos they think they very steady drive Mercy cab / Chrysler cab

Or maybe they used to be big Boss or some Senior executive. I dont know.

Confirm inferiority complex, need to boost own ego.

But thats more than 50% of Singaporeans anyway.....

• Praise 1

i think its a shame that until today 2019.

having passenger evading fare is part n parcel of their life.

taxi driver normally are at a lost lost situation when ppl run road.

we need much tougher laws to protect them.

if they seldom have ppl evade fare, i am sure they will be more gracious toward geniune case/

Yup. Agreed.

Thinking out loud, perhaps good to put $50 first prior to boarding the cab and then return any change at destination. If vomit then jialat cos will need at least another $50 but that's a different story for another night.

If no $50 then pass on. Harsh in a way but with some who really evade paying, tough times calls for tough measures.

Only problem may be some dishonest cab or phv drivers who will short changed or no return change. His words vs a drunkard, he win unless in-car cam recorded otherwise.

Or drunkards throw a fit and want to fight drivers for "looking down" on them if they no put $50 upfront. This type best to pass cos higher chance of letting driver get tooth implants or nose realignment done.

Drivers have families and mouths to feed. Not fair to them too if drunkards get free rides just because they are drunk.

Drunkards must know that drivers are humans, not their servants and fares must be paid once they reach destination.

Common sense. But these days, pea brained and selfishness have taken hold of some ppl. Only know how to kpkb and blame the whole world when ownself cannot even stop getting drunk. Honestly, they have greatest responsibility to themselves, not taxi drivers or the public.

Just yada-ing. I genuinely have super low tolerance to alcohol, except the durian kind. If take a sip, one minute later, you will see a cooked lobster looking back at you. Yes, my face will be flushed red, a few shades from red traffic light.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 2

Supercharged

There are inherent risks for every trade.

In retail you have shop lifting.

In F&B you have people who leaves without paying or complain about the food to get a discount or waiver.

In service line you get the occasional customer who makes unreasonable requests or even vulgarities on you.

The point is what constitutes correct or reasonable response?

Can the retailer catch the shop lifter and take his or her video and post it online to shame him? Does it matter if the shop lifter was drunk and walked off?

Can the service staff take a video of a screaming customer post it online to shame him? If the customer was drunk does it mean it's ok to do so?

The focus should not even be whether a person is intoxicated at all.

The taxi driver breached more than company SOP. There is still the issue of doxing law .......

• Praise 7

(edited)

There are inherent risks for every trade.

In retail you have shop lifting.

In F&B you have people who leaves without paying or complain about the food to get a discount or waiver.

In service line you get the occasional customer who makes unreasonable requests or even vulgarities on you.

The point is what constitutes correct or reasonable response?

Can the retailer catch the shop lifter and take his or her video and post it online to shame him? Does it matter if the shop lifter was drunk and walked off?

Can the service staff take a video of a screaming customer post it online to shame him? If the customer was drunk does it mean it's ok to do so?

The focus should not even be whether a person is intoxicated at all.

The taxi driver breached more than company SOP. There is still the issue of doxing law .......

Yes that's a good and focus point.

I forgot that cab fare invaders, i mean, evaders are not just found amongst this group but can be anyone with the intention to fake exercise by running off quickly.

Thanks for sharing.

Safe ride

Cheers

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

Yes that's a good and focus point.

I forgot that cab fare invaders, i mean, evaders are not just found amongst this group but can be anyone with the intention to fake exercise by running off quickly.

Thanks for sharing.

Safe ride

Cheers

Suddenly the stomp post on the boy who ran out of the shop after trying on a pair of new running shoes came to my mind...

But the boy was actually trying out the shoes... But the salesman still ran after him. But we can't be too careful right?

And after still many stories of fares who take off when the cab stops, we can't really blame them for being angry.

But rules are rules... Drivers have been warned repeatedly NEVER to photo shame their passengers ... But they still insist on doing it.

Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)

Nowadays, it's :

1. Not happy ?

2. Take out your camera and start recording.

Then post it on facebook or other social media to shame the other party.

Better think twice, if you think you can get away with it.

Edited by Kb27

People will still heck care. They will take out camera and start recordding. When questioned, they will say what can you do to me? Call police. I wait for you.

Nowadays, it's :

1. Not happy ?

2. Take out your camera and start recording.

Then post it on facebook or other social media to shame the other party.

Better think twice, if you think you can get away with it.

The right headline should be 'Comfort helped cabby recover fare' not 'comfort sacked cabby'.

if that happen AWARE will probably come out kpkb, btw why they never make noise?

Supercharged

if that happen AWARE will probably come out kpkb, btw why they never make noise?

I can't even remember the last time AWARE made any point...... not to mention noise.

People will still heck care. They will take out camera and start recordding. When questioned, they will say what can you do to me? Call police. I wait for you.

Taking pictures and video without consent may not be outright illegal although many times, it will escalate matters but posting these online will subject oneself to PDPA, doxxing and harassment lawsuits.

So many goondos out there.

https://singaporelegaladvice.com/what-can-i-do-if-someone-takes-a-photo-of-me-in-public-and-publishes-it/

Turbocharged

Can you prove that? Dont create a scenerio that didnt happen. If you cant prove it it will be a waste of time and I wont attempt to answer it.

Why would any woman put themselves in a vunerable position and not have a woman colleague or companion with her if she's out drinking?

No need to prove anything. Verdict is out with driver dismissed by comfort.

So another woman who accompanied her needs another company to accompany the 2nd woman home who will need another company? How many company u reckon is enough? Perhaps they should stay together in order to drink.

Only when no video was released on social media.

TD is in the wrong for releasing the video on social media.

As for the girl unable to pay her fare, that's another issue altogether.

The right headline should be 'Comfort helped cabby recover fare' not 'comfort sacked cabby'.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Cannot drink and drive doesn't mean it becomes your right to take taxi without being able to pay leh.

You do know it is possible to drink in moderation right?

Of cos not. Did the lady in this case intend to evade payment or can't pay because of misplaced bag?

Does the lady look very drunk to u? How much in moderation do u mean in this case? Can walk, can talk is OK?

(edited)

Very different. Guy case : taxi driver is patient n polite yet the guy ran off with INTENT to evade paying. Lady case : driver bloody rude to begin with, lady stayed calm though tipsy throughout. Did she try to run away?

1) How do you know his intent? Or hers for that matter? When one is as drunk as a skunk, one cannot form cogent intent. That applies equally in both cases. If you're judging by actions, the guy didn't RUN away, he walked away. It's also entirely possible that the girl was too tipsy to even think of walking away. She certainly seemed to be so high that she was smiling very inappropriately for the situation.

The point about legally not being able to give consent when under the influence of mind altering substances has everything to do with impaired intent (I'm bringing this up to show the premium the law places on impairment of intent due to substance abuse). One can't judge intent when looking at the behavior of the severely intoxicated. I don't see this as being a difference between the two cases.

2) With regard to the driver's attitude, it has been mentioned that the more recent case involved a driver who was badgering the girl for payment. But we only have that video clip to judge. We don't know what went on before that (or how patient the cabby was with her before the clip started). The first cabbie started recording right from the start when the male passenger was inside the vehicle. The second cabbie only started recording from the time the passenger had exited the vehicle. (At least, this is so to the best of my recollection, the video has been taken offline so I can't check). The level of exasperation of the cabbies from the start of the recordings is therefore not directly comparable.

3) Finally, you are citing reasons *you* think the passengers were treated differently. As @Watwheels mentioned, that's not the nub of contention here. The key is the way others in general viewed the cases, as evidenced by the remarks online. It seems fairly evident that people are citing nonsensical non sequiturs like "demure lady", "sweet lady", "chio lady" to excuse the female passenger's conduct but no analogous allowance has been made for the male passenger I cited. Also, the action taken against the cabbie in the second case was swift, decisive and highly punitive. Whereas I'm not aware of any action having been taken against the first cabbie who basically did essentially the same thing (and since the GoJek incident happened around the time of the first clip, one can't argue that companies hadn't yet become attuned to the issue of the violation of the privacy of passengers by their drivers posting videos online).

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement