National Day Parade 2019 #NDP2019

Boringchap

National Day is round the corner and NDP19 rehearsals are in full swing. This year the Bicentennial parade will be held at the Padang.  Had the wonderful opportunity to attend an NE show and the experience was fantastic.  Will share some videos here to build up some NDP fervour.

It was quite something to watch the Red Lions land safely in the Padang after jumping off from a Super Puma helicopter high up in the sky.

Red Lions landing, led by 1st Warrant Officer Melvin Ho, with 1,400 jumps.  He was the team leader for NDP19 Red Lions jump team, and he executed a perfect landing right in the middle of the Parade Square.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10

Caught the fireworks yesterday. Thought should be just few mins display since it's just a rehearsal, but it lasted for close to 15mins.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Caught the fireworks yesterday. Thought should be just few mins display since it's just a rehearsal, but it lasted for close to 15mins.

Everytime got elaborate fireworks, can't help but see my "contribution to nation building" going up in smoke....
  • Praise 1

Everytime got elaborate fireworks, can't help but see my "contribution to nation building" going up in smoke....

That's small contribution for me...

My major contribution helped to build indoor stadium, gardens by the bay, esplanade etc.

post-196696-0-34022400-1563074050_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

Majulah Singapura sung with the State Flag flying past, carried by a Chinook helicopter and accompanied by 2 AH-64 Apaches.  Very nice.

Also, the Air Force flexes with their F15SGs, doing a bomb burst, scissor movement, high-G combat turn and vertical climb.

• Praise 1

Hopefully next year will have joint strike fighter in the fly past..

Yeah, when the JSF joins the squadron, I'm sure they will think of how and when to unveil to the Singapore public. 

Maybe Sg 65... The planes can land and take off in the middle of the Padang. But at USD 100M plus each, they need lots of contributions for nation building.

This year, the mobile column returns to the Padang!  A definite crowd favourite!

A lot of metal was exhibited. Leopard 2SG led the charge. 10 awesome tanks. 120mm main gun. Oh, I was told the Leopard is air conditioned too. The tanks were bought from Germany, and refurbished.

The Hunter Armoured Fighting Vehicle was also unveiled. It had been hailed as the centrepiece of the next generation army. Locally designed and built! Fully digitalised, the Hunter will replace the ageing Ultra M113.

Armed with a 30mm cannon and anti-tank guided missiles, the Hunter features an automatic target detection and tracking system, improving the crew’s ability to detect and engage targets. It is also the Army’s first AFV to be equipped with an integrated combat cockpit, which allows its commander and gunner to both operate the vehicle with a common set of controls.

The anti aircraft Aster missiles were also unveiled. 

• Praise 2

I just wish I could still get excited about all this. I haven't even bothered to watch the thing on TV for more than a decade at least.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Majulah Singapura sung with the State Flag flying past, carried by a Chinook helicopter and accompanied by 2 AH-64 Apaches.  Very nice.

Also, the Air Force flexes with their F15SGs, doing a bomb burst, scissor movement, high-G combat turn and vertical climb.

Crooked doc gonna pull long face and find new fault liao....

Hi Guys and Gals,

Just went to the NDP preview yesterday and took some videos

so decide to share with you all

enjoy

:grin:

Edited by allthingscar
  • Praise 5

I just wish I could still get excited about all this. I haven't even bothered to watch the thing on TV for more than a decade at least.

Same
  • Praise 1

At 54, Singapore is still ineligible for Merdeka Generation Card! You need more good years!

HAPPY NATIONAL DAY! 

Edited by Fitvip

The background cheering very fake leh.  Seems like mediacorp use cheering sound track and  looping it. The audience seems bored

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2