Cost of travel per 1km for your car?

Turbocharged

nah! see how PJ cost are calculated..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYPrH4xANpU

Importantly towards the end it mentioned "Increasingly these jets are being used for proposes that cannot be justify economically"

likewise my view for car usage.. I just use when I can afford, when I need it, when it make me happy while my bank account sad!  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Now someone will ask why 10th storey  [laugh] ...... must be a technically  [scholar] calculated number I guess 

this $/km discussion will be relevant soon when ERP 2.0 starting to roll out

i.e. my current $/km is $1/km, if ah gong is also charging $1/km, I got to jump from 10th storey

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

$1.74/km or $1800 per month. Includes car cost, interest element, road tax, insurance, erp, parking, maintenance, tyre change.

Of course public transport will be lots cheaper. But having own ride has other intangible benefits.

ERP2.0 offer a whole new opportunity to hacking. 

For the last 22 years, no one actually being able to hack the current ERP.  Because of the physical gantry.

It is going to be an awesome game of Hide and Seek.

Let the game begin !!

this $/km discussion will be relevant soon when ERP 2.0 starting to roll out

i.e. my current $/km is $1/km, if ah gong is also charging $1/km, I got to jump from 10th storey

Supercharged

For the last 22 years, no one actually being able to hack the current ERP. Because of the physical gantry.

Let the game begin !!

my first hope is heavy rain or thunderstorms

poor GPS signals and poor visibility for the cameras

everyone will flood the roads for free drive

Hmmm ....... actually, there was ever a bad local weather that affect GPS.

Very likely together with a DGPS, what ever local weather is not going to affect the measurement lor.

BUT space weather could be a problem, the Solar Cycle is 11.04 years, the last peak is 2014, the next peak is 2025. 

Starting 2021, solar peak cycle will start.  Many satellite will be affected including GPS lor. BTW, in 2012 or 13, northern lights reach even Chicago lor.

So, the best ERP2.0 launch date is 2020 lor.

No GPS, no problem.  Still have 4G network, very accurate one, can track you in cm lor.

And yes, the weakest link, the telco Singtel.

We just wait for some big mouth LTA officer to declare ERP2.0 is unhackable.  Then they will know lor.

So, the scheme is very simple, just sit and enjoy the show lor. SURE kenna one.

my first hope is heavy rain or thunderstorms

poor GPS signals and poor visibility for the cameras

everyone will flood the roads for free drive

• Praise 1

$1.74/km or $1800 per month. Includes car cost, interest element, road tax, insurance, erp, parking, maintenance, tyre change.

Of course public transport will be lots cheaper. But having own ride has other intangible benefits.

Two weeks back my car battery died unexpectedly, and I took Grab to work. Each trip costs $16 to $17, for a 20km journey, works out to less than $1 per km.

Based on my 15,000km per year mileage, and $13,000 per year depreciation, my cost works out to be almost $1.20 per km, only counting depreciation, petrol, road tax. ERP, parking and maintenance excluded.

After doing the calculations, I feel like selling the car away. [laugh]

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Two weeks back my car battery died unexpectedly, and I took Grab to work. Each trip costs $16 to $17, for a 20km journey, works out to less than $1 per km.

Based on my 15,000km per year mileage, and $13,000 per year depreciation, my cost works out to be almost $1.20 per km, only counting depreciation, petrol, road tax. ERP, parking and maintenance excluded.

After doing the calculations, I feel like selling the car away. [laugh]

In Singapore, cost of ownership will always be higher than public transport. Maybe if renew Coe, can lower cost of ownership a bit.

But we car owners happy can liao.

• Praise 1

And yes, the weakest link, the telco Singtel.

My Singtel 3G has been "offline" for the 3 days at my office location.   [laugh]

Yup, actually there are more 3G blindspot lor.  Like in AutoBay at Kaki Bukit, totally no 3G for M1.  Only 4G.

My Singtel 3G has been "offline" for the 3 days at my office location.   [laugh]

Just go BMW, only top up ezlinÄ· card. Easy to calculate.

When this becomes MyKaForum.com then we will do just that.

:D

Turbocharged

For the last 22 years, no one actually being able to hack the current ERP. Because of the physical gantry.

Let the game begin !!

And with the ability to directly debit from credit cards, it's a huge gold mine for those who manage to hack it

Suddenly, nothing is safe anymore.  I am starting to ASK for hardcopy bank statement...... Just in case lor.

And with the ability to directly debit from credit cards, it's a huge gold mine for those who manage to hack it

Yup, actually there are more 3G blindspot lor.  Like in AutoBay at Kaki Bukit, totally no 3G for M1.  Only 4G.

My current issue, is not blindspot but rather the 3G base station is not functioning.

Even the android top status bar show the 3G icon and GSM antenna, there is no data, no SMS and no voice. - means I can connect to it but cannot do anything. 

It has been like that since last Wednesday. 

For the last 22 years, no one actually being able to hack the current ERP.  Because of the physical gantry.

In the early beginning, there was limitation.  Thereafter, the "hole" was plugged.

Now, even if know how to by-pass, also won't discuss openly.   [laugh]

↡ Advertisement