COE Bidding – 2nd Round of July 2019

Carbon82

For this round of bidding, something interesting to note. There is an additional of about 200 pcs "extra" COE for cat A, probably from the 199 pcs unused in the previous round of bidding exercise. Will it have an negative impact on cat A premium? [confused]

[flowerface] Community Service Time [flowerface]

2 useful links for our dear MCFers:

Real Time COE Bidding Results

Check Your COE Bidding Status

[sunny] Good Luck to all vested! [sunny]

Past Bidding Results (2001 - 2015)

bNS9tPN.jpg
6GaOung.jpg
q0QolBw.jpg
LUo3xhG.jpg
lo0jcDv.jpg

Past Bidding Results (2016 - 2019)
dzw0ADd.jpg
zrwDESn.png

Trend Chart (Jul 2017 - Jun 2019) *chart taken from www.sgcarmart.com
Pyto26Q.png

PQP (2010 - 2015)

Y77goPF.png

PQP (2016 - 2019)

VdhpB7F.png

The details of the July 2019 2nd open bidding exercise for Certificates of Entitlement (COEs) are as follows:

Tender opens: Monday, 15 July 2019, 12 noon
Tender closes: Wednesday, 17 July 2019, 4.00 pm
Tender results: Wednesday, 17 July 2019 (Available on the www.onemotoring.com.sg website)

The total quota available for this tender is 4,434 for the following vehicle categories:

NON-TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES:
Category A: Cars (up to 1600cc & 97kW (130bhp)) => 1,623
Category B: Cars (above 1600cc or 97kW (130bhp)) => 1,143
Category D: Motorcycles => 900

TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES:
Category C: Goods Vehicles and Buses => 393
Category E: Open Category => 375

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Supersonic

Cat A should hover between 27k to 30k. Cat B maybe increase a bit since decreased last round, seems like many people booked Cat B cars?

Supersonic

Will probably remain status quo around the same range of 25k to 30k for Cat A.

Avante/Mazda 3 selling like hot cakes!

Are there many others hot selling Cat A cars around, other than avante and mazda 3? Actually mazda 3 at this price already consider selling like hot cakes, if they lower the price a bit, will it be even more people buying? Lol.

Are there many others hot selling Cat A cars around, other than avante and mazda 3? Actually mazda 3 at this price already consider selling like hot cakes, if they lower the price a bit, will it be even more people buying? Lol.

Not forgetting orders from PIs too. For ADs, maybe i30 turbo as well since the engine has been detuned to 128hp which is within the Cat A category. KMC alone has been registering average 500+ sedans every month based on LTA records. 

I don't think the unused quota has much impact as those are obviously serious bids that failed in their attempt in the previous round. Any new purchases would be applying to new quotas, while the usual practice of AD should be to bid slightly higher for subsequent rounds for those who failed to get COE. So we're still looking at the new purchases vs this month quota to see what COE prices are like

• Praise 1

Cat. A: $30K

Cat. B: $36K

Again, guessing for fun. I am more interested in the actual Q3 quota shrink % that should be available after this round.

All the best for all bidding this round!

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Cat. A: $30K

Cat. B: $36K

Again, guessing for fun. I am more interested in the actual Q3 quota shrink % that should be available after this round.

All the best for all bidding this round!

Quota shrink not necessary will lead to increase of coe, since it have been shown quota shrink before but coe still did not increase much.  [laugh]  

Before I bought my new ride, i wanted COE to come down.

Now that I've gotten it, i wish it'll go up.

anyway, that's what everybody in my situation wanted also right?  [;)]

Supersonic

In this climate, i dont think COE is going to chiong. Hang Cheng Pai...

Lets see if coe go up or down?!

I don't think the unused quota has much impact as those are obviously serious bids that failed in their attempt in the previous round. Any new purchases would be applying to new quotas, while the usual practice of AD should be to bid slightly higher for subsequent rounds for those who failed to get COE. So we're still looking at the new purchases vs this month quota to see what COE prices are like

Newbie here.

How does the unused quota come about? I saw in the previous bid, there was 1428 successful bids for the 1431 available, so only 3 were unbid. Or is it because this is the last bid for the 6 months, it accumulates all the unbid ones (I saw there was almost 200 from the 2nd June one - how did that happen?)?

In this climate, i dont think COE is going to chiong. Hang Cheng Pai...

As long as there is PHV and taxi to disturb, COE would likely to stay flat or slight lower.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2