COE Bidding – 2nd Round of July 2019

Carbon82

No matter how anyone advices the car buyers NOT to fall for the top up trap.......

I believe easily >95% of car buyers when faced with the Top-Up call, will LLST agree to Top-up.

This mind game played by the dealer is very hard to go against when the car buyer already vested few months waiting for COE and the old car is almost due for scrapping. Most will be weak and easily succumb top-up, just to end the agony.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

The quota drop looks sharp and there will be a spike of panic buying but qn is how long it can last. Every spike so far has peter out, seems the volumes are still sufficient for existing replacement demand

• Praise 3

(edited)

I like how kmc/champion motors/kah run their business, not being bias but personal experience.

The se I met are clear and upfront to tell you buy at this price (non-g 6 bids), 99% will get car dont worry. A trick is to go to LTA website and look at the profit margin of each car to estimate how much coe they are willing to go, use this as a bargaining chip.

Champion motors - bought from them in 2017 and the SE told me dont need waste money with g-Coe, confirm will get car

Kah motors - didnt buy from them in 2017 but the se told me the same thing

Komoco - signed, done deal collected car, similarly SE told me just buy at xxxxxx price will get car and no she didnt overquote me sky high price either

Was looking at cerato from c&c, SE kept emphasizing it's a 6 bid non-g and wait is about 3 months minimally. Took my money and went komoco, adios.

Edited by ferrytales
  • Praise 2

The quota drop looks sharp and there will be a spike of panic buying but qn is how long it can last. Every spike so far has peter out, seems the volumes are still sufficient for existing replacement demand

After this plunge in quota for Cat A and many COE renewals, it is reasonable to expect the quota to go under 800 per tender over the next 2 years.

Compared to the latest tender of around 1,900 bids for Cat A, it is like every 3 in 5 person who is buying a Cat A car cannot get their car by then.

• Praise 1

After this plunge in quota for Cat A and many COE renewals, it is reasonable to expect the quota to go under 800 per tender over the next 2 years.

Compared to the latest tender of around 1,900 bids for Cat A, it is like every 3 in 5 person who is buying a Cat A car cannot get their car by then.

Feels good for those who already secured their rides at the 23k-30k coe cat A range for the next 9-10years.

But who knows, maybe a global recession hits so badly that coe is less than 10k!

So what if you hold them responsible? Nothing much more you can do. If itâs a non guaranteed coe, itâs just that.

Well, who knows if it has an effect. At the very least they know this person more difficult to handle. If there are 20 people book together, maybe they prioritise the “troublemaker” and bully the others.

I did that 3.5yrs ago with my Forester. They bid 2 rounds nv get even though COE drop about 1/2K. They bid much less than the COE was when I booked the car. Call SE ask him what the hell, he say out of his control, management decision. So I email management under complaint saying that they should at the very least bid the initial COE level ,they reply they will look into it.....

Next round COE went up and I got it

• Praise 2

Supersonic

You speak like a professional SE. Haha

See and heard so many patterns from SE until i also can speak like professional SE.

heard from my KM SE told me limited number will get the guarantee coe. Those serious buyers can consider fast

• Praise 1

Supersonic

heard from my KM SE told me limited number will get the guarantee coe. Those serious buyers can consider fast

What your se means?

What your se means?

Sounds like another sales speak to scare ppl into wasting money on GCOE

Thats exactly what was said after the last contraction.

The question is always whether demand is matching shrinking supply. Once exceed then COE goes up. If not, COE can stay the same.

Interesting this thread a lot of ppl seem to be trying to spark fear. I think with technical recession strong possibility, many big companies never give out bonus (civil servant .45 month bonus), unemployment rising, taxis/PHVs still very cheap, overall demand is clearly shrinking

Question is only if supply is shrinking faster than demand

• Praise 2

The later the COE is secured, the better, so much more if you had traded in your existing car which keeps depreciating in value day after day.

With the reduction in quota for the next quarter, COE prices will shoot up, hence you will get higher COE.

It's all to the advantage of the buyer.

Yeah....Too bad...Economy is negative growth. Better worry jobs.

By the way, Donald Trump will service 1 more term.

• Praise 2

Sounds like another sales speak to scare ppl into wasting money on GCOE

Thats exactly what was said after the last contraction.

The question is always whether demand is matching shrinking supply. Once exceed then COE goes up. If not, COE can stay the same.

Interesting this thread a lot of ppl seem to be trying to spark fear. I think with technical recession strong possibility, many big companies never give out bonus (civil servant .45 month bonus), unemployment rising, taxis/PHVs still very cheap, overall demand is clearly shrinking

Question is only if supply is shrinking faster than demand

Good time to revisit this article:

https://blog.moneysmart.sg/transportation/coe-prices-singapore-lowest/

Cat. A coe drop $2K, but quota drop 25%, any dealers drop price??

With this quota drop I don't think Cat. A will drop below $20K liao.. Probably panic above $30K den stabilize ard $25K-$30K range.

• Praise 1

The later the COE is secured, the better, so much more if you had traded in your existing car which keeps depreciating in value day after day.

With the reduction in quota for the next quarter, COE prices will shoot up, hence you will get higher COE.

It's all to the advantage of the buyer.

Can kindly advise why is this so? Doesn’t COE only start when it is tagged to a vehicle?
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Well, who knows if it has an effect. At the very least they know this person more difficult to handle. If there are 20 people book together, maybe they prioritise the “troublemaker” and bully the others.

I did that 3.5yrs ago with my Forester. They bid 2 rounds nv get even though COE drop about 1/2K. They bid much less than the COE was when I booked the car. Call SE ask him what the hell, he say out of his control, management decision. So I email management under complaint saying that they should at the very least bid the initial COE level ,they reply they will look into it.....

Next round COE went up and I got it

Maybe your Forester is still in the high seas, not arrived in SG yet

Priority is usually given to buyers whose cars have arrived in SG

What your se means?

First dunno how many will get the G coe, for the same price paid. I jus look at Kah Motor price, seems they haven't adjust upward.

Turbocharged

Guaranteed COE or non guaranteed COE, it's just a number.

You will secure the COE irregardless.

Those who booked under guaranteed COE are subsidising those who booked under non guaranteed.

In the end, same car, same COE, but different buyers paid different prices.

• Praise 1