COE Bidding – 2nd Round of July 2019

Carbon82

If not guaranteed, there is a chance that you may not get.

So ur saying nowadays AD still have the cheek not to bid until its too late despite your downpayment? Pls name and shame

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Booked a SUV with Borneo (BM).

BM did not manage to secure Cat B this time round - missed by $200 plus. BM offered Open Cat (47k) instead with no topup. That’s why we should always go for NG.

SE mentions customer always get it NG, no need go for G.

Edited by popsync
  • Praise 1

Booked a SUV with Borneo (BM).

BM did not manage to secure Cat B this time round - missed by $200 plus. BM offered Open Cat (47k) instead with no topup. Thatâs why we should always go for NG.

SE mentions customer always get it NG, no need go for G.

Yes, my AD also did not bid properly for me, missed by a little a few times. Finally gave me an Open Cat without topup when it went skywards, but it was a harrowing experience when the COE kept going up.
  • Praise 1

So far from my experience BM SE will usually privately tell you no need for GCOE but then if the COE shoot up, I think most AD may ask you to topup or they can still bid lowly for you.

It happened in 2010, so fast forward to 2019 BM still like this?

And if so what does that say about their customers... i dont blame dealers. they need to make money. Customers have to be the ones to ensure they dont get taken for dummies... the point of this forum is to educate car owners how to make sure they dont get swindle not fearmonger them into doing dumb things.

1) dont be desperate

2) be able to walk away

3) understand AD profit margins... COE need to go up 20-30% before they start to lose money... anything up to then is just they make slightly less money and hope you carrothead

• Praise 1

Guaranteed COE or non guaranteed COE, it's just a number.

You will secure the COE irregardless.

Those who booked under guaranteed COE are subsidising those who booked under non guaranteed.

In the end, same car, same COE, but different buyers paid different prices.

correct me if I m wrong, seems like only jap and korean makes AD have these two types of packages pricing....

Like it or not, there is signaling effect to the child, especially younger children. It may only be an entry level luxury make, but to them they already may feel superior to their peers because of that. My wife and I made a conscious decision not to buy a luxury badge car in singapore.

tts y i bought skoda....

to be fair, daughter is quite self conscious and would much prefer public transport.

i would have been very happy to get a 'better' car for her, for my own pleasure!

solid upbringing!

• Praise 1

Many people will rush to the car showroom to book their new car before the next COE bidding.

Heard the report on ch8 news last night. Iirc showrooms seeing 20% increase in customers. But experts say that this increase could be just a kneejerk reaction.

(edited)

Google translation of the Ch8 report (hope it is not cancerous...)

The first weekend after the government announced the reduction of the quota for car ownership, many car dealers reappeared. Potential buyers are worried that the price of car licenses will continue to rise, and they will enter the market, so that the performance of car dealers will increase by at least 20% than usual. However, due to factors such as uncertain economic prospects, the interviewed scholars expect that this purchase is only temporary and will not last long. As the rate of car killing decreased, the quota for car licenses decreased in the next three months, and the small and medium-sized car group saw the largest decrease. The showroom of the Japanese car dealership has been crowded since noon. Some parallel importers in the Auto City also welcomed many customers. One person said: "Look at it, you don't have to say that you must buy it." Another citizen said: "If you rise again, you may be afraid of missing a good opportunity." ADVERTISING inRead invented by Teads Parallel import car dealership Li Dongquan, head of the exhibition hall, said: "30% of them are still waiting to see and understand the market trends. But 70% of them are basically consulting, so they are real potential buyers." Some scholars pointed out that because of China Economic growth continues to slow, and consumers may be more cautious next. Wang Xuehe, assistant professor of information and communication technology at Xingong University, said: "Like the stock market or the trend of the entire economic market, if it is relatively low, maybe everyone will not be anxious to buy a car. Plus the bus system is more convenient, for private cars. The demand may not be as big.” Some industry players also pointed out that since the next round of bidding activities is in three weeks instead of the usual two weeks, potential buyers have more time to shop around, and car dealers are also expected. Accumulate more orders. It is expected to push up the next round of price.

Original version:

政府宣布削减拥车证配额后的首个周末,不少车行人潮再现。潜在买家担心拥车证价格继续上扬,而纷纷进场,让车商业绩比平日增加至少两成。但受经济前景不明朗等因素影响,受访学者预计,这股买气只是暂时性的,不会持续太久。

因杀车率降低,导致接下来三个月拥车证配额减少,当中又以中小型车组的减幅最大。这家日本汽车代理商的展示厅,自中午便开始出现人潮。汽车城的一些平行进口商,也迎来不少顾客。

一名民众表示:“不妨来看一看,不一定说看了一定要买。”

另一名民众表示:“又再涨的话,可能怕错失良机。”

ADVERTISING

平行进口车行汽车城展示厅组长李东全表示:“30%有些他们还在观望,还要再 了解市场的趋势。可是70%他们基本上是咨询好了,所以是真实的潜在买家。”

有学者指出,由于我国经济增长持续放缓,消费者接下来可能持较谨慎态度。

新工大信息通讯科技助理教授王雪鹤表示:“像股市或者像整个经济市场的走向,如果都比较低迷,可能大家都不会比较着急去买车。加上公交系统越来越方便,对于私家车的需求量可能就会没有那么大。”

也有业者指出,由于下一轮投标活动是在三星期,而不是一般的两个星期后,因此潜在买家有更多时间货比三家,车商也有望累积更多订单。预计将推高下一轮成价。

Edited by Lotr
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4