COE Bidding – 2nd Round of July 2019

Carbon82

Pretty much within my prediction (with 1st hand info fr within the industry) - 7% drop in Cat A

Yes, there are many PHV Opel Insignia waiting to be registered.

Who registers the PHV Insignia.

AG or the rental company?

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Pretty much within my prediction (with 1st hand info fr within the industry) - 7% drop in Cat A

Yes, there are many PHV Opel Insignia waiting to be registered. 

but next bidding cycle AUG-OCT. coe quota for catA will drop at least 20%. given that the deregistrations have decreased.

AD never bid for me. Say because Cat B coe went up too high, hence no submission.

Can like that ah?

Which AD?

They ought to have submitted a reserve price for you. Fair enough if it is lower than the final price and they didn't manage to secure it for you. But no bid at all?  

You should check if this "no bid" is considered one of the 6 bids in this case.

Neutral Newbie

But these operators are very silly. They push up so aggressively within a short period knowing very well it will drop again once their buying is completed. Just like what happened when it came down from $48k to $34k. So why cannot spread out and buy gradually. Unless buffer just too big due to the $$$ they are making from leasing of these cars..

Anyway not their money to bid. They bid on behalf the buyers n if they bid high their profit also goes up.

Supercharged

Your Opel AD so many pattern, either cannot win bid by a few dollars or now say COE too high then cannot bid for you. Pity you sia. Next quarter COE quotas dropping again, maybe you should go and bang table liao.

AD never bid for me. Say because Cat B coe went up too high, hence no submission.

Can like that ah?

But these operators are very silly. They push up so aggressively within a short period knowing very well it will drop again once their buying is completed. Just like what happened when it came down from $48k to $34k. So why cannot spread out and buy gradually. Unless buffer just too big due to the $$$ they are making from leasing of these cars..

These operators buy to rent. Assuming they pay extra coe 5k, over 10 years is 500, over a month is just $42. 1 day of rent is enough to offset this entire extra cost.

Another factor, they have too many funds from investors to use.

Your Opel AD so many pattern, either cannot win bid by a few dollars or now say COE too high then cannot bid for you. Pity you sia. Next quarter COE quotas dropping again, maybe you should go and bang table liao.

Yes exactly! Getting sick of it.

I asked and it’s considered 1 bid.

This is the first time I encounter this. 3 more bids and I get back my refund and do my business elsewhere.

Now want to give them business, they don’t want.

Guess they are more inclined to serve their PHV clients.

Pissed off.

• Praise 1

These operators buy to rent. Assuming they pay extra coe 5k, over 10 years is 500, over a month is just $42. 1 day of rent is enough to offset this entire extra cost.

Another factor, they have too many funds from investors to use.

Yes exactly! Getting sick of it.

I asked and it’s considered 1 bid.

This is the first time I encounter this. 3 more bids and I get back my refund and do my business elsewhere.

Now want to give them business, they don’t want.

Guess they are more inclined to serve their PHV clients.

Pissed off.

Which Car you are buying from opel?  If insignia then good luck because they are busy in supply all stock to PHV . PHV outbid customers like you and AD give more preference to bid for them compared to normal single customer. You should go and speak to AD in person.

• Praise 1

Which Car you are buying from opel? If insignia then good luck because they are busy in supply all stock to PHV . PHV outbid customers like you and AD give more preference to bid for them compared to normal single customer. You should go and speak to AD in person.

Speak also no point? I can’t control their bidding process.

I mean if they are not sincere in doing business, then don’t reduce the price of the insignia for genuine buyers.

• Praise 1

Which Car you are buying from opel?  If insignia then good luck because they are busy in supply all stock to PHV . PHV outbid customers like you and AD give more preference to bid for them compared to normal single customer. You should go and speak to AD in person.

Why Insignia? I don't see many PHV insignias on the road leh? Thought most PHVs are Vezels, CHR and Prius?

• Praise 1

actually i tot all PHV are done with their bidding ; hence the drastic drop in CAT B for the last 3 rounds of COE....

what made you guys point the gun at PHV for this insane hike for CAT B? Just curious how you derive that?

• Praise 1

Why Insignia? I don't see many PHV insignias on the road leh? Thought most PHVs are Vezels, CHR and Prius?

Go-Jek got deal approx 800-1000 Insignia with Opel.  A known SE also confirmed that management is relax now as company has met annual quota already 

so if new stock is coming they will keep allocating to PHV.  But there are few different trims and if single customer buy the trim which is not selected by PHV then more chances to get it. 

its not they do now want to bid for single customer, i think more concern is stock for them. Thats my assumption 

That’s why am wondering who registers the PHV insignias... is it the AD or the rental company?

actually i tot all PHV are done with their bidding ; hence the drastic drop in CAT B for the last 3 rounds of COE....

what made you guys point the gun at PHV for this insane hike for CAT B? Just curious how you derive that?

If big deal happen between AD and PHV then AD bid periodically aggressive as per stock level and estimated stock coming in next 2-3 months. 

Go-Jek got deal approx 800-1000 Insignia with Opel. A known SE also confirmed that management is relax now as company has met annual quota already

so if new stock is coming they will keep allocating to PHV. But there are few different trims and if single customer buy the trim which is not selected by PHV then more chances to get it.

its not they do now want to bid for single customer, i think more concern is stock for them. Thats my assumption

i got the mid trim, and I doubt that will be used for PHV.

So you saying the vehicle is not in SG yet?

↡ Advertisement