COE Bidding – 2nd Round of July 2019

Carbon82

Supercharged

Unless u die die want your car, if not don't top up. Top up is due to the increase in COE.

Was informed by my SE to TOP up to secure Open Cat COE
Sian...

↡ Advertisement

SE said Cat B wonât go down, and thereâs a reduction of 10% in the quota.

Confused now. Haha.

SE priority is to close deal. Always remember that.

SE said Cat B wonât go down, and thereâs a reduction of 10% in the quota.

Confused now. Haha.

TOP up how much? If 1k/2k can lah. Will you get this round 39k plus COE? Or they give you a lower one from previous rounds.

If more, I would take a gamble that cat B might drop back abit next round. They also don’t want your sales to go away...

TOP up how much? If 1k/2k can lah. Will you get this round 39k plus COE? Or they give you a lower one from previous rounds.

If more, I would take a gamble that cat B might drop back abit next round. They also donât want your sales to go away...

SE say 5k, but I negotiating 4K and a higher trade in value for my current ride.

SE say 5k, but I negotiating 4K and a higher trade in value for my current ride.

When you book your car what was the cat B coe then?

CAT B listed price up about 5k this round.

When you book your car what was the cat B coe then?

CAT B listed price up about 5k this round.

That time was 39.7k, not far off from today’s price.

Wonder why they ask to TOP up.

That time was 39.7k, not far off from todayâs price.

Wonder why they ask to TOP up.

Wah. Even higher than current price. How can?

When coe was lower they earn more why don’t secure.

Now go back same level ask you TOP up.

I confirm ask them go *uck spider. Look for other car if cannot get this.

Wah. Even higher than current price. How can?

When coe was lower they earn more why donât secure.

Now go back same level ask you TOP up.

I confirm ask them go *uck spider. Look for other car if cannot get this.

Yes exactly. Fear mongering or blood suckers?

It doesn’t add up.

Was informed by my SE to TOP up to secure Open Cat COE

Sian...

Call their bluff. This is why they manipulate COE to create spike and panic buyers
  • Praise 1

(edited)

tell your SE to go fly kite and if they don't deliver the car as promised, take the money and go buy skoda superb or octavia RS which I personally feel are good cars in comparison too albeit lower power/torque but space wise just as good. 

in such a climate, they still wanna play the top up game no wonder opel can't sell that many cars in SG ever since the astra 1.0/1.4 which was kinda value for money during the 50k coe era. 

worse if you top up and they give you an open cat coe which they accumulated during the cheaper times, you will be banging the table while they laugh all the way to the bank. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/fewer-coes-available-august-to-october-2019-quota-11731114

cat B quota dropped a little only anyway. 

Edited by ferrytales
  • Praise 3

If you have agreed with that, move on but you should ask them to pay you back whatever the difference from the current COE price when the result of next bid is out

If you have agreed with that, move on but you should ask them to pay you back whatever the difference from the current COE price when the result of next bid is out

Can illustrate?
  • Praise 1

That time was 39.7k, not far off from today’s price.

Wonder why they ask to TOP 

You have every reason to go and bang their table for playing this top up game with you because when you booked the car coe was even higher than this round. If they would have bid for you same 39.7K you would have gotten COE this round itself. Top up is reasonable only when COE is significant higher than the time you booked car. If your SE is not giving you satisfactory reply you can try to approach their office management. 

If after your top up they give you open CAT E which they may have already in hand :

Earlier than June 19 2nd round: Reasonable with 4 - 5K top up 

June 19 2nd Round: $39400: Reasonable if 2K top up 

July 19 1st Round: $36901:  Very unethical practice

July 19 2nd Round: $39889: Reasonable if 2K top up 

Expect COE prices to rise. The next quota cut is drastic.

not for cat B quota

• Praise 4

You have every reason to go and bang their table for playing this top up game with you because when you booked the car coe was even higher than this round. If they would have bid for you same 39.7K you would have gotten COE this round itself. Top up is reasonable only when COE is significant higher than the time you booked car. If your SE is not giving you satisfactory reply you can try to approach their office management.

If after your top up they give you open CAT E which they may have already in hand :

Earlier than June 19 2nd round: Reasonable with 4 - 5K top up

June 19 2nd Round: $39400: Reasonable if 2K top up

July 19 1st Round: $36901: Very unethical practice

July 19 2nd Round: $39889: Reasonable if 2K top up

not for cat B quota

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I’ve a much clearer pic now.

In Essence, it seemed they are asking to TOP up is because they are 200% sure COE will increase.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Wow. Cat. A drop is quote drastic.

Which means even this round Cat A coe dropped, ADs would not decrease price cause they anticipate Cat A coe will increase over next few months? And all the kancheong people will book first before coe become sky rocket?

↡ Advertisement