COE Bidding – 2nd Round of July 2019

Carbon82

Thank you for the detailed explanation. Iâve a much clearer pic now.

In Essence, it seemed they are asking to TOP up is because they are 200% sure COE will increase.

No it has nothing to do with coe rising. They are just capitalizing on your fear that you wont get the car, just ignore and play along.

Top up is ridiculous in such a climate with uncertain economy outlook unlike the 50k coe era where everyone was fighting to get a car.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Can illustrate?

There are many ways to nego but one example would be:

$39,406 is the current COE that you areasked top up 4k , and they think they have confident securing coe for you.

So 39,406 + 4,000= $43,406. If the COE turns out to be lower ths 43,406, you get every single dollar of rebate from this level

• Praise 1

tell your SE to go fly kite and if they don't deliver the car as promised, take the money and go buy skoda superb or octavia RS which I personally feel are good cars in comparison too albeit lower power/torque but space wise just as good. 

in such a climate, they still wanna play the top up game no wonder opel can't sell that many cars in SG ever since the astra 1.0/1.4 which was kinda value for money during the 50k coe era. 

worse if you top up and they give you an open cat coe which they accumulated during the cheaper times, you will be banging the table while they laugh all the way to the bank. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/fewer-coes-available-august-to-october-2019-quota-11731114

cat B quota dropped a little only anyway. 

The Cat A quota drop looks quite significant, probably good to secure a guaranteed COE deal now for Cat A.

• Praise 2

There are many ways to nego but one example would be:

$39,406 is the current COE that you areasked top up 4k , and they think they have confident securing coe for you.

So 39,406 + 4,000= $43,406. If the COE turns out to be lower ths 43,406, you get every single dollar of rebate from this level

Oh ok. Fully understood.

I think they will give open cat

• Praise 1

Top up so much? Ask them to F off lah. 

siao...

I would just ignore them. Unless u are rushing to get a car.

• Praise 4

Oh ok. Fully understood.

I think they will give open cat

So did they have an explanation for you why they didn’t secure COE last 2 rounds when cat B was so Low?

I will write letter say they should have at least bid for what the COE was when you 1st booked the car.

Especially last 2 bids, they try to squeeze every drop of profit and now you are the one that have to pay for their failed attempt.

I would hold them responsible for wasting 3 months because of their ineptitude. And also caused you an opportunity costs of not having been able to buy another car while waiting for them especially if COE continues to shoot up.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Expect COE prices to rise. The next quota cut is drastic.

Already mentioned CatA will be at least 20% cut one month back.
  • Praise 1

(edited)

The Cat A quota drop looks quite significant, probably good to secure a guaranteed COE deal now for Cat A.

Yes. If someone want to buy cat A and need car early then its wise to go for Guaranteed package given 25.8% reduced quota for cat A.

At least can avoid top up game given the significant reduction in quota next qtr.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/coe-supply-for-august-october-to-shrink-significantly

Edited by Mann123
  • Praise 2

Yes. If someone want to buy cat A and need car early then its wise to go for Guaranteed package given 25.8% reduced quota for cat A.

At least can avoid top up game given the significant reduction in quota next qtr.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/coe-supply-for-august-october-to-shrink-significantly

probably no need guaranteed package from certain ADs like komoco/kah/borneo.

quite sure they will still deliver unless coe rocket upwards to 100k. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Slow and uncertain economic might not push the Cat A coe up too much. Maybe 1st few bids might see increase back to 30k level, after which it might go down to 27-28k level. 

Turbocharged

26% reduction in Cat A COE, or about 500+ less COEs to bid at each bidding cycle.

But no fear, as demand will be curbed with many having renewed COE, and the very negative market sentiments and with the jobless rate at an all time high, I doubt buyers would bite  if Cat A COE exceeds $30K.

This weekend, the fear mongering sales people would inject fear to get buyers to commit fast.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

So did they have an explanation for you why they didnât secure COE last 2 rounds when cat B was so Low?

I will write letter say they should have at least bid for what the COE was when you 1st booked the car.

Especially last 2 bids, they try to squeeze every drop of profit and now you are the one that have to pay for their failed attempt.

I would hold them responsible for wasting 3 months because of their ineptitude. And also caused you an opportunity costs of not having been able to buy another car while waiting for them especially if COE continues to shoot up.

So what if you hold them responsible? Nothing much more you can do. If it’s a non guaranteed coe, it’s just that.
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

26% reduction in Cat A COE, or about 500+ less COEs to bid at each bidding cycle.

But no fear, as demand will be curbed with many having renewed COE, and the very negative market sentiments and with the jobless rate at an all time high, I doubt buyers would bite  if Cat A COE exceeds $30K.

This weekend, the fear mongering sales people would inject fear to get buyers to commit fast.

SE would inject fear to buyers that Cat A coe will go up to rocket high or ADs would come up with 'promo' to attract buyers to commit?

Turbocharged

SE would inject fear to buyers that Cat A coe will go up to rocket high or ADs would come up with 'promo' to attract buyers to commit?

You speak like a professional SE. Haha

Turbocharged
(edited)

So did they have an explanation for you why they didn’t secure COE last 2 rounds when cat B was so Low?

The later the COE is secured, the better, so much more if you had traded in your existing car which keeps depreciating in value day after day.

With the reduction in quota for the next quarter, COE prices will shoot up, hence you will get higher COE.

It's all to the advantage of the buyer. 

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 2

Top up so much? Ask them to F off lah.

siao...

I would just ignore them. Unless u are rushing to get a car.

Precisely, this is a very unfair trade to buyers, they are out to take advantage of buyers to satisfy their own greed. Imagine cat A dropped by $2k, did they even rebate those cat A buyers ? Obviously they just simply pocket the difference .