Singapore Private Property prices still up or down? Part III

pChou

Turbocharged

to be honest with you i also dislike having to handle lizards and cockroaches........so usually landed is at ground floor and small garden, more susceptible to these pests and the very idea of handling them, even though don't happen frequently, is not a savoury idea to me.

your place got no cockroaches????

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Actually a lot of people nowadays have no inclination to stay in landed. Personally i would rather have a large single floor condo/apartment.

Quite a few of my friends also. Just that landed is a safer investment at that price point.

D leedon? Stay in 1000+ unit condo for what. Lol facilities are there but can book or not. bbq pit need to early morning office open go and book. Haha

The feeling is totally different

Landed vs Apartment

Not apples to apples

I dont think there is an inclination towards either

Although nowadays it seems a lot more prestigious to stay / own landed than condo

In the 80s into 90s, it was more prestigious to stay in condo

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

"during my college time..." ...so that should be just few years ago? [;)]

But you do know the unspoken rule of MCF ...... NPNT! [smash]

[:p]

ai yo , thats like how many decay ago ...... haha . puppy love is always the cutest . 

• Praise 3

Supercharged

your place got no cockroaches????

got but not often....i don't like to smash them to death when i see them but yet i don't feel comfortable when they run away and linger in my house haha......if i use insecticide, my wife complains of the smell......so that's the reason i would prefer to select a house with minimal incidences of cockroaches and lizards

Supersonic

I think most pests not so fussy about staying landed, condo or hdb or whether got seaview or skyview.

Old ppl always say "got ppl stay one, will have ants, lizards, roaches, spiders etc" cos ppl like to feed these, intentionally or not.

So, dun think too much for them cos they never have you or your dislike of them in their hearts

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
(edited)

I think most pests not so fussy about staying landed, condo or hdb or whether got seaview or skyview.

Old ppl always say "got ppl stay one, will have ants, lizards, roaches, spiders etc" cos ppl like to feed these, intentionally or not.

So, dun think too much for them cos they never have you or your dislike of them in their hearts ð. Doesn't bother them unless u go on war path with them. Then they play hide and seek and teach their many generations to play this till its time to depart, i mean, part.

Just yada-ing. I see one pest i kill one. Its either i die or they die situation everytime. No time to weigh options, kill first then think how to dispose. I dun use hand. Newspapers or magazines my favourite weapon of pestruction.

Safe ride

Cheers

I'm not the bravest with things that invade the house.

Cockroach I don't like but LL have to kill cos my wife refuse to touch.

Got twice bat flew into my flat.

If got rat... I think I call pest exterminator lol

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

isn't a bat just a rat with wings?

Turbocharged

Bat??? Wah that is really uncommon.

Ya, I think lizard cockroaches is everywhere, not necessarily more at landed.

Personal experience is snakes in my in laws place. That I think only landed kenna. I Guess probably rats have too but never saw before.

If you are on higher ground, not near a hawker centre and forest, usually it’s just lizards, ants and some cockroaches.

But if you don’t keep tidy and clean, you’ll find more of the latter..

As for roof and such, a good roof can last more than 50years.

You don’t pay for parking or pool or such.

With the money saved you can ask someone to do the landscaping, pay for the rubbish clearance fees and even a pool or koi pond maintenance fee.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)

Bat??? Wah that is really uncommon.

Ya, I think lizard cockroaches is everywhere, not necessarily more at landed.

Personal experience is snakes in my in laws place. That I think only landed kenna. I Guess probably rats have too but never saw before.

Rats quite uncommon nowadays with improved rubbish collection and disposal. Unless u live near some f&b place.

At least in my circle of friends, I find my friends who grew up in landed prefer to stay in landed or are actively searching and looking within the next few years... They don't mind living more suburban area.

For those who grew up in hdb or condo, most of us stay in high rise. Those that can afford, prefer d9/10/11 condo. Esp those who grew up near town area haha

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

ai yo , thats like how many decay ago ...... haha . puppy love is always the cutest .

No worries, age is but a number [;)] always be young at heart :D with lots of puppy love [:p]
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic

Amazing psf of yesteryear...

2005 ($803 psf)

2019 ($1,699 psf)

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/top-gainer-makes-record-169-mil-profit-watermark-robertson-quay

Top gainer makes record $1.69 mil profit at Watermark Robertson Quay

A unit sold on May 2 at Watermark Robertson Quay, on Rodyk Street in prime District 9, made the top gain of $1.69 million in the week of April 30 to May 7, according to caveats. The 1,884 sq ft, four-bedroom unit on the third floor was purchased for $1.51 million ($803 psf) in October 2005, and sold for $3.2 million ($1,699 psf). The seller reaped a 112% profit, or an annualised profit of 6% over 13.5 years.

• Praise 7

Amazing psf of yesteryear...

2005 ($803 psf)

2019 ($1,699 psf)

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/top-gainer-makes-record-169-mil-profit-watermark-robertson-quay

Top gainer makes record $1.69 mil profit at Watermark Robertson Quay

district 9 prime property in 2005 ($803 psf)

if i recall correctly, probably a suburban condo (e.g  Simsville?) in 2005 costs $400 psf

fast forward to 2019

- woodleigh - Park Colonial condo costs $1,700 psf

-  what's comparable district 9 prime property new launch in 2018/2019? new futura? 

Twincharged

If my ceiling is leaking (top floor unit), I call the MA for the condo. The coordination is done mostly by someone else. The maintenance fees is not only the use of the facilities, but also security and insurance having additional someone deal with and pay for common facilities repair.

Actually a lot of people nowadays have no inclination to stay in landed. Personally i would rather have a large single floor condo/apartment.

Quite a few of my friends also. Just that landed is a safer investment at that price point.

D leedon? Stay in 1000+ unit condo for what. Lol facilities are there but can book or not. bbq pit need to early morning office open go and book. Haha

Agree! Grew up in landed when young aand will never wanna stay in landed anymore unless I am ultra rich with gardeners and domestic helpersss.

Landed pros are mainly bragging rights. But to me, unless you stay at chatsworth, jervois, some bukit timah areas like Eng Kong, the rest is nothing to shout about (imho).

Landed cons - Real life experiences - roof gutters accumulate water also problem with NEA, govt water pipe leak under your house is also your problem, python once stayed comfortably in the house, huge monitor lizard visited, thieves claimed over gate and stole fruits in garden, robbers came into and robbed my mum.

So ya, I will also prefer a nice condo with good estate management and facilities.

• Praise 5

(edited)

Will water storage facility behind Bedok Court add or remove value of a condo next to it? Since it is too small to call a park and can be noisy when water flows into it during rainy days. 

I can see usually the reservior is empty, what happens to the water once it's filled after a rain, will it cause odor like those in mangrove swamps during drying? 

Edited by golden_eagle
↡ Advertisement