Singapore Private Property prices still up or down? Part III

pChou

Bought a few before various cooling measures. No point buying now as rental cannot support the price.

So you are planning to sell since the rental moving forward is slow? N foreseeing that prices are going to fall?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

So you are planning to sell since the rental moving forward is slow? N foreseeing that prices are going to fall?

sell high, buy low

again and again

2-3 rounds smelly smell make $2M-$3M?

that’s spore dream for everyone ... huat ah! [laugh]

• Praise 1

Due to my time of entry, they are still generating positive cash flow and offer a buffer against sharp price correction.  They are freehold and I don't intend to sell them.  They are meant to fund my retirement.  However, I don't think this is achievable at the crazy psf now even for 99 years leasehold properties.

Due to my time of entry, they are still generating positive cash flow and offer a buffer against sharp price correction.  They are freehold and I don't intend to sell them.  They are meant to fund my retirement.  However, I don't think this is achievable at the crazy psf now even for 99 years leasehold properties.

yes. price is crazy and it's time to cash in. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Due to my time of entry, they are still generating positive cash flow and offer a buffer against sharp price correction. They are freehold and I don't intend to sell them. They are meant to fund my retirement. However, I don't think this is achievable at the crazy psf now even for 99 years leasehold properties.

You do know your statement is illogical..

If u think it’s not a good time to buy, then it’s a good time to sell. From your previous statements u obviously are not sitting on the fence.

If u are so sure current price will fall, it’s a no brainer to sell

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

very small except one over 900 sf ... walk also with bump into each other everyday :D

what to do ... Expensive SG ... every psf is gold [;)][:p]
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic

None at west area? The potong pasir looks like not a bad deal?

Not just west area, just look around, many 'value' buys out there

'Go resale for better value' [;)]

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

https://www.asiaone.com/lifestyle/house-tour-contemporary-style-three-bedroom-condominium-looks-classy-hotel-suite

House tour: A contemporary-style three-bedroom condominium that looks like a classy hotel suite

What is a better matrimonial gift from your parents, than an apartment and fully paid renovation? This newly married couple in their 20s was blessed with this 1,324sqf three-bedroom condominium and contemporary-style interiors.

post-18880-0-62165500-1561890025.jpg

• Praise 6

(edited)

Due to my time of entry, they are still generating positive cash flow and offer a buffer against sharp price correction. They are freehold and I don't intend to sell them. They are meant to fund my retirement. However, I don't think this is achievable at the crazy psf now even for 99 years leasehold properties.

Simply put, there is a time of entry for every private property owner, and especially in Singapore. Miss that window, and will have to eat sour grapes for the rest of life.

2015-2016 prices are down yes, but some of the poorest quality private properties were also sold then, including if I am not mistaken two FH properties that were never completed to date.

The prices of today’s new properties are not meant for you, but those of yesteryear might be. It’s a real lesson to be learned by all. I also can’t afford today’s prices even if I wanted to, but I will be happy if they were to fall just for me. But logically would it happen under the new supply conditions? Chances are zero unless an “asteroid” level catastrophe strikes. And even then, it is only a very short window to respond (2009 first half year).

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 5

Hypersonic

Newly Wed couples in their 20s ............ Si beh wo lwee ........ :yuush:

why gov never give me poverty benefit ..!

[bigcry]

Gift from parents ... very blessed ... Huat ah! [:p]
  • Praise 8

You do know your statement is illogical..

If u think itâs not a good time to buy, then itâs a good time to sell. From your previous statements u obviously are not sitting on the fence.

If u are so sure current price will fall, itâs a no brainer to sell

Price correction, not crash. Every transaction is now very costly with lots of commission and taxes.
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Price correction, not crash. Every transaction is now very costly with lots of commission and taxes.

Choose HDB for little / no commission and taxes.

Equalising tool at work.

Edited by Showster

May I ask , when did U go in for your recent purchases?

Hope to get your insights n analysis of your purchases..

TIA..

• Praise 5

Hypersonic

Newly Wed couples in their 20s ............ Si beh wo lwee ........ :yuush:

why gov never give me poverty benefit ..!

[bigcry]

U is kenna “fatal attraction” mah , u undertable wiper
  • Praise 4

(edited)

May I ask , when did U go in for your recent purchases?

Hope to get your insights n analysis of your purchases..

TIA..

I'm just chillaxing here.  My last purchase was about 8 years ago.  There are better gurus out there who have thoroughly done their homework who can give you better advice.

My take is if one is really keen on property in the long term, then go for freehold or 999 years leasehold.  Those resale ones that are launched 5-10 years ago are the better value for money since they are not too expensive compared to new launch and their design and facilities are generally quite new.  Being near MRT stations and HDB neighbourhood hub will be a bonus.

If one is looking for a hassle-free investment return, local bank shares are a decent buy.

Edited by awhtc
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1