Singapore Private Property prices still up or down? Part III

pChou

Hypersonic

Somehow I'm rather glad I've never bought anything at a launch..

It looks very stressful and the sea of agents, the sales talks, and the crowds..

On a separate note, you can see who will be your potential neighbours by looking at the crowd...

EC is special breed, not anyone eligible. For those who want brand new condo, even at record sale psf, still the lowest around compared to private.

Personally if buying, I won't even bother with new launches today. High selling psf for new LH, can get resale FH.

Above 1k psf for new EC, can get resale private condo in a better location near to mrt...etc

'Go resale for better value' [;)]

That said, diff strokes diff folks. Just like some willing to pay record price for resale HDB :D

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/resale-record-set-dbss-unit-053000714.html

New resale record set by DBSS unit at City View @ Boon Keng

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10

(edited)

What are the trying to build in the east of Pasir Gudang? I noticed some factories showing up in google map in the industrial park at Tajung Langsat? 

Edited by golden_eagle
  • Praise 1

I think your asking price too high lah... so maybe he find too hard to sell?

I think everyone has their own motives. Maybe he find there is more to gain by rejecting u?

Ya Lor, it will be funny if the property drop 10% the next year... then good agent become bad agent.

To me, I assume Everyman for himself, buyer, seller agent. No good agent who will look out for anyone interest except him own. No evil agent either. Got capable ones and useless ones though

Don't quite agree on every man for himself, even if we are talking about agents who are commissioned based. I'm sure there are established ones out there who look at job satisfaction.

I'm not an agent but in my area of work, I do it more for job satisfaction than money as it does add more value to my life. Sure, money's important but I don't place it as the most important. I'm sure there are also others like you who may do that.

I'm sure you can find people who don't mind a paycut if a new job offers something more satisfying. Same goes for any industry.

Some agents may prefer to do deals that they feel value add and maybe selling houses at a huge loss makes taking commissions morally difficult for them. I'm not sure but this may be how I may feel in their shoes.

Your mantra here denounces those that do charitable work or help others without cost. Maybe you should catch some YouTube videos on how some exercise altruism..

• Praise 9

Don't quite agree on every man for himself, even if we are talking about agents who are commissioned based. I'm sure there are established ones out there who look at job satisfaction.

I'm not an agent but in my area of work, I do it more for job satisfaction than money as it does add more value to my life. Sure, money's important but I don't place it as the most important. I'm sure there are also others like you who may do that.

I'm sure you can find people who don't mind a paycut if a new job offers something more satisfying. Same goes for any industry.

Some agents may prefer to do deals that they feel value add and maybe selling houses at a huge loss makes taking commissions morally difficult for them. I'm not sure but this may be how I may feel in their shoes.

Your mantra here denounces those that do charitable work or help others without cost. Maybe you should catch some YouTube videos on how some exercise altruism..

Fully agree.

Sometimes when I give recommendations to people, they will wonder if I get any commission from the workshop.

People are too cynical these days.

What we say is a reflection of our own values and beliefs.

I have known for a while who are the cynics and 老干 here.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Somehow I'm rather glad I've never bought anything at a launch..

It looks very stressful and the sea of agents, the sales talks, and the crowds..

On a separate note, you can see who will be your potential neighbours by looking at the crowd...

Actually these days it’s all fake sales hype...

I bought my first property at launch I think in 2001. Literally started queuing three four days in advance.... lucky developer bring forward launch date so queue only 1-2 days. Property was fully launched and everything sold in 1-2 days.....

Nowadays, all fake one. Where got any sold out after launch one...

Turbocharged
(edited)

?? Your example of charitable work is errr... the opposite of Property Agent....

Ok if the Property Agent does not take any commission from my deal, ie charity work, then I believe there is no conflict of interest. Tell me if u find such an agent.

Even people who does charitable work fulfills their own personal desire to do good, their payback is not in terms of money but maybe personal happiness.

At the end of the day, Property Agent is a job that earns through commission. Some smart ones will try not to burn bridges by introducing bad deals, but at the end of the day, their motive is commission, either through current deals, or through future deals (thus the effort to not screw their clients)

Edited by Wind30

?? Your example of charitable work is errr... the opposite of Property Agent....

Ok if the Property Agent does not take any commission from my deal, ie charity work, then I believe there is no conflict of interest. Tell me if u find such an agent.

Even people who does charitable work fulfills their own personal desire to do good, their payback is not in terms of money but maybe personal happiness.

At the end of the day, Property Agent is a job that earns through commission. Some smart ones will try not to burn bridges by introducing bad deals, but at the end of the day, their motive is commission, either through current deals, or through future deals (thus the effort to not screw their clients)

Let's not forget your earlier point was : No good agent who will look out for anyone interest except him own. you're seeing people through very coloured lens?

I'm sure there are agents out there who don't mind taking a comms cut or do for free for those who have to sell due to extraordinary reasons i.e. an elderly person who has lost his job etc.

I don't see why an agent has to do it for free for someone like you who can afford to pay though. This isn't even the point, look at what you've said before.

I would have done pro bono for special cases if I were an agent and many others here may do so too.

I'm just making a point that it's not just every man for himself.

Not everything should be seen as so transactional. Anyway I'm digressing from the focus of this thread. It's just sad that people get so unduly cynical these days.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Cannot be agent don’t eat don’t feed kid what....

But that doesn’t mean agents are only self serving people.

Any extreme view is likely to be wrong.

What motivates you to write in an online forum? For me, it’s a record for myself to match what I think will happen with what actually happens or is most likely to happen based on my interpretations, like a dated diary of sorts.

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 2

When I bought my first place, I was really trusting of my agent.. a friend's friend.

My last house hunt was filled with deception, falsehoods and fake claims that I'm now a skeptic. 

Keep every conversation, keep it in B&W and money talks. If it's not on paper, it's all talk.

Enough said.

• Praise 1

When I bought my first place, I was really trusting of my agent.. a friend's friend.

My last house hunt was filled with deception, falsehoods and fake claims that I'm now a skeptic.

Keep every conversation, keep it in B&W and money talks. If it's not on paper, it's all talk.

Enough said.

Sadly such a**holes exist too. Had friends or friends' friends selling stuff at 'brother' price and ends up, the deal gotten is worse. Heck, sometimes even family members would take advantage, so yah..

N sorry it has to be like that for you and agree that B&W is key. But sometimes even B&W isn't enough. One shouldn't get overly cynical but one shouldn't be overly trusting too. Sometimes it's best to adopt a balanced approach.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Enough said.

I just add a bit on this point about engaging friends who are agents or friend's friend who is an agent.

I see a lot of people do this. Well, on surface, it is nothing wrong, since it is human tendency to work with someone they know because of the better trust factor.

However, people need to remember that transacting a property is a business because of the high financial stake involved. It is not as simple as asking a friend out to help you choose a pair of shoes.  So when someone choose an agent friend to transact property,  he need to first evaluate whether from the past knowledge of the friend, is he one who is capable of being a business partner? 

In other words, if that person has a million dollars  to invest in a business and need a business partner, will he choose that agent friend?  Often, the answer I get is no..because while these friends are fun to be with, they are probably not the kind they will go do business with.   Then why on earth do they even choose the same agent friend to transact their property where it is probably more than a million dollars?

Try to think of property transaction more as a business and you will know which agent to choose, whether they are friends or not.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

Let's not forget your earlier point was : No good agent who will look out for anyone interest except him own. you're seeing people through very coloured lens?

I'm sure there are agents out there who don't mind taking a comms cut or do for free for those who have to sell due to extraordinary reasons i.e. an elderly person who has lost his job etc.

I don't see why an agent has to do it for free for someone like you who can afford to pay though. This isn't even the point, look at what you've said before.

I would have done pro bono for special cases if I were an agent and many others here may do so too.

I'm just making a point that it's not just every man for himself.

Not everything should be seen as so transactional. Anyway I'm digressing from the focus of this thread. It's just sad that people get so unduly cynical these days.

U need to read my post in its entirety.

“To me, I assume Everyman for himself, buyer, seller agent. No good agent who will look out for anyone interest except him own. No evil agent either. Got capable ones and useless ones though”

If u actually do, u will find what I am saying isn’t that far off what icedbs is saying. Notice I put the word assume.... the next sentence is an elaboration of the assumption....

I am not dissing Property Agent either. Notice the sentence “no evil agent either”.

I am hinting u to get capable agent. Notice the sentence “got capable ones and useless ones though”

There u have it, the same message as icedbs previous post, except I wrote in in much less words.

It’s really tiring if I have to explain myself this way.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Pearl Bank Balloting started yesterday

some of the quantum quite huge, would take time to clear

No official sale figures out yet

Some who submitted cheques apparently did not turn up

a no of 1 roomer sales,

high floor around 2800pfs

Experts here can chip in to discuss investment value of this development? 

Yield looks low 

• Praise 9

What’s the name of the condo near VivoCity that sold for a huge psf and never made money?

IIRC it also has a chute system that didn’t work and lawsuits are still ongoing..

Turbocharged
(edited)

What’s the name of the condo near VivoCity that sold for a huge psf and never made money?

IIRC it also has a chute system that didn’t work and lawsuits are still ongoing..

The Sail @ Marina Bay ? not really near vivo
Edited by Dafansu
  • Praise 1

Whatâs the name of the condo near VivoCity that sold for a huge psf and never made money?

IIRC it also has a chute system that didnât work and lawsuits are still ongoing..

Corals at Keppel Bay?
↡ Advertisement