Singapore Private Property prices still up or down? Part III

pChou

Hypersonic

3 EC launches coming up in 2019/20, can expect strong demand and breach 1k psf to set record sale psf [;)]

Wow ... just look at the crowd! [:p] Chiong ah! :D

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/property/piermont-grand-ec-sells-375-of-its-820-units-over-launch-weekend

this was the first time average prices for an EC crossed over $1,000 psf: “Fantastic sales given the record prices and moribund economy.”

post-18880-0-58036300-1564326515_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Hypersonic

Hypersonic

Wow.. unbelievable. Average 1080psf for this type of ulu location

Setting new benchmark RECORD prices yet again [;)] Huat? [laugh]
  • Praise 3

(edited)

not bad la ... some more free nature air from Pasir Gudang [thumbsup] Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

7-8 years ago Punggol private condos were only selling around $800+ psf and sales were only so-so during launch.  It took the developers about 3 years to clear the units totally.

To afford $1,000+ psf for an EC means that the buyers must be mostly HDB up-graders in that area.

My estimates for the upcoming ECs will all be above $1,000 psf:

• Anchorvale Crescent EC in Q1 2020 (10 min walk to MRT)
  • Canberra Link EC Q1 2020 (10 min walk to MRT)
  • Tampines Ave 10 EC Q3 2020 (cannot walk to MRT)
  • Praise 1

10 min for a abled bodied person?

Have they managed to find a solution to the peak hour congestion in the area? The limited exit roads out of Punggol mean that these choke points make commuting a real chore..

Otherwise I really like that Watertown development.. nice view and I like the idea of working, eating, living and sleeping in the same complex

• Praise 2

Have they managed to find a solution to the peak hour congestion in the area? The limited exit roads out of Punggol mean that these choke points make commuting a real chore..

Otherwise I really like that Watertown development.. nice view and I like the idea of working, eating, living and sleeping in the same complex

Better don't complain about the traffic there so much. Later when GPS erp starts next year, they label the entire punggol area as chargeable area.
  • Praise 1

(edited)

by 2030 simi Punggol Yishun Tengah is as good as Orchard la ... act now [sly] ... MTL

just take it as inflation cost 2-3% up forever ever lo

but in reality property price jump is 2-3x of inflation cost

which normal salary man and woman can never catch up!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

They should be able to get 1-3 yr old non-EC condos near to MRT, instead of LRT, in that Punggol/Sengkang vicinity, for the same price.

• Praise 1

This news article predicts selling price of $1,100 psf for the Anchorvale Crescent site.  I never know EC will become so expensive in a matter of 7-8 years. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ec-site-at-anchorvale-crescent-gets-7-bids-with-the-highest-at-s-10722140

This news article predicts selling price of $1,100 psf for the Anchorvale Crescent site. I never know EC will become so expensive in a matter of 7-8 years.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ec-site-at-anchorvale-crescent-gets-7-bids-with-the-highest-at-s-10722140

in other words, those kena suaned paying $800++ psf for EC now can laugh all the way to the bank ...

(edited)

by 2030 simi Punggol Yishun Tengah is as good as Orchard la ... act now [sly] ... MTL

just take it as inflation cost 2-3% up forever ever lo

but in reality property price jump is 2-3x of inflation cost

which normal salary man and woman can never catch up!

when the aging population got issue in getting by, there is always AirBnB to unleased the burden.

So buy now is a great idea if you can afford it. Else have to give it a miss for those looking at the 3rd or 4th property.

CPI was tag at 1.2%.

Tech recession is on the horizon.

Should have quite a few bargain units in time to come.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

when the aging population got issue in getting by, there is always AirBnB to unleased the burden.

So buy now is a great idea if you can afford it. Else have to give it a miss for those looking at the 3rd or 4th property.

CPI was tag at 1.2%.

Tech recession is on the horizon.

Should have quite a few bargain units in time to come.

The moment Govt announce monetary easing to curb recession, you can expect almost immediate asset price rise.

The current supply is far from matching the demand that continues to soak in from global situations.

You will be really very blessed to find any bargain in the year ahead.

This news article predicts selling price of $1,100 psf for the Anchorvale Crescent site. I never know EC will become so expensive in a matter of 7-8 years.

Cost-based calculation.

From the land price and construction costs, it was apparent from the point of bidding.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

They should be able to get 1-3 yr old non-EC condos near to MRT, instead of LRT, in that Punggol/Sengkang vicinity, for the same price.

yes, in fact below 1000 psf can find. 

• Praise 1

$1080/psf for EC ... cheong ah!

after MOP can sell smelly smelly $1350/psf? [sly]

There are some older suburb condos going for $1.1 to $1.2k n in better location as well n more spacious but admittedly near 20 yrs at least. The older condos give good value compared to these new ones but i Guess most buyers want a new condo n so willing to pay for it.

• Praise 3

Will Singapore have riots like Hong Kong 10 years down the road when private properties are way beyond the reach of the young working class except those with rich parents?

↡ Advertisement