Singapore Private Property prices still up or down? Part III

pChou

<p>7-8 years ago Punggol private condos were only selling around $800+ psf and sales were only so-so during launch. It took the developers about 3 years to clear the units totally.To afford $1,000+ psf for an EC means that the buyers must be mostly HDB up-graders in that area.My estimates for the upcoming ECs will all be above $1,000 psf:

• Anchorvale Crescent EC in Q1 2020 (10 min walk to MRT)
  • Canberra Link EC Q1 2020 (10 min walk to MRT)
  • Tampines Ave 10 EC Q3 2020 (cannot walk to MRT)

Only 30% is reserved for upgraders from what i read so majority are first timers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

Only 30% is reserved for upgraders from what i read so majority are first timers.

30% is standard, after one month from launch will open to all. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

With EC at these prices, city fringe condos at 1900 psf, the gap has really narrowed bettween those in CCR and out skirt. I feel those in CCR is really undervalued...

But I guess the issue is quantum. Not many people can afford above 1.5m.

I was doing so research and noticed in other cities the gap between outskirts and those in city centre the price gap is usually 3-4 times.

These past ten years OCR and RCR has risen so much while ccr stagnant, dunno if this trend will continue

• Praise 1

(edited)

which means the remaining 99yrs lease is also minus 20++ years

like for like comparison, they are as EXPENSIVE as new ones

not to mention the interior is pretty cui liao ... need another smelly smelly $60K-$80K to reno

location wise ... that's a plus point [thumbsup]

There are some older suburb condos going for $1.1 to $1.2k n in better location as well n more spacious but admittedly near 20 yrs at least. The older condos give good value compared to these new ones but i Guess most buyers want a new condo n so willing to pay for it.

Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged

10yr 20% means 1yr 2%??

boon keng recent resale HDB beat that  >10x

You will be lucky if you buy any BTO now and get 20% in 10 years!

Many who bought BTO after 2013 did not see much or even any gains after their MOP

• Praise 1

Thats very surprising. I always have the belief that BTO flats is 100% sure made $$ one.

What makes you say there is little gain?

You will be lucky if you buy any BTO now and get 20% in 10 years!

Many who bought BTO after 2013 did not see much or even any gains after their MOP

yes, in fact below 1000 psf can find. 

Hi could you kindly enlighten which 1 to 3 yr old condos near to Punggol/Sengkang MRT station with prices of below 1000psf? Thanks.

Hypersonic
(edited)

<p><p>7-8 years ago Punggol private condos were only selling around $800+ psf and sales were only so-so during launch. It took the developers about 3 years to clear the units totally.To afford $1,000+ psf for an EC means that the buyers must be mostly HDB up-graders in that area.My estimates for the upcoming ECs will all be above $1,000 psf:

• Anchorvale Crescent EC in Q1 2020 (10 min walk to MRT)
  • Canberra Link EC Q1 2020 (10 min walk to MRT)
  • Tampines Ave 10 EC Q3 2020 (cannot walk to MRT)
7-8 years ago, I was looking at this Punggol Watertown, can get a unit there slightly below 1k psf during preview launch and this is private condo with full amenities at doorstep.

The subsequent phases were selling 1.3-1.4k psf and still sold like hotcakes, I was like ...??? for Punggol???

Today, we are seeing EC at near private condo psf.

Not necessarily, could be HDB upgraders, or also some rich folks buying for children, no ABSD [;)]

Anyway, mentioned many times ... ' SG property, always good to be in as early as possible'

That's just a glimpse of what's to come next in terms of property prices ...

-HDB already cross 1mil mark

-EC gonna breach 1k psf next

-new 99LH avg 1.5k psf, FH no 2k psf no talk

Those still not in the game ... just gonna get left behind with prices out of reach [;)]

Edited by Mercs
  • Praise 7

Thats very surprising. I always have the belief that BTO flats is 100% sure made $$ one.

This means they are over priced vs private. Depreciating public goods using private pricing mechanism.
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

in other words, those kena suaned paying $800++ psf for EC now can laugh all the way to the bank ...

mine is a 700psf EC. can sell 800 to 900 psf i will be pretty happy already  [laugh]

• Praise 1

mine is a 700psf EC. can sell 800 to 900 psf i will be pretty happy already [laugh]

no $1000psf no talk la ... wait for ROBERT ...
  • Praise 1

With so much recent news on funds movement. It could well be a Robert Kwok or Robert Lam.

After this Robert is done and decide to move on, pass back to Robert Tan or Robert Lim. Lol

Supersonic

worth 1000 psf ah?

i discount and sell you at buddy buddy price =900psf  [bounce2]

worth 1000 psf ah?

i discount and sell you at buddy buddy price =900psf [bounce2]

cool. last check my name is not ROBERT

you gotta wait for someone else ... [laugh]

Supersonic

cool. last check my name is not ROBERT

you gotta wait for someone else ... [laugh]

deed poll is 100$ only.

I throw that in if you buy at 900 psf 

• Praise 1

Will Singapore have riots like Hong Kong 10 years down the road when private properties are way beyond the reach of the young working class except those with rich parents?

Unlike HK, there are other cheaper options like bto and resale HDB for those that find private ex.

Private property is a want, not a need. One doesn't have to buy a Merc for their first car I guess. If cannot buy Merc must riot?

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Punggol and SengKang, the two most popular BTO areas have 132 units that are going to MOP within the next 1 month.

Out of these 132 units, only 16 units are in the black based on market valuation.

And out of that 16 units that probably make money, only 2 units could be between 10%-20% profit. The other 14 units are all below 10% profit.

But note that 116 units are all under water.

That's new BTO for you.

• Praise 2

Oh Sengkang...Some 5 room flats are selling for around 700k in Sengkang East Ave. You think they asking for too much?

Punggol and SengKang, the two most popular BTO areas have 132 units that are going to MOP within the next 1 month.

Out of these 132 units, only 16 units are in the black based on market valuation.

And out of that 16 units that probably make money, only 2 units could be between 10%-20% profit. The other 14 units are all below 10% profit.

But note that 116 units are all under water.

That's new BTO for you.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1