Singapore Private Property prices still up or down? Part III

pChou

I used to think nothing else but only FH until I started seriously looking around years ago. Now I am more open-minded to LH, perhaps the same open-mindedness to FH.

Cheap FH are usually of poor location. Good FH are often very expensive with very poor yield. Not all LH are bad. NOT all FH are good. I like stats but I like real life cases more. Ask and ask around more from friends, relatives and colleagues to make our own conclusion. Sometimes forum-ers have their own agenda in their posts.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I used to think nothing else but only FH until I started seriously looking around years ago. Now I am more open-minded to LH, perhaps the same open-mindedness to FH.

Cheap FH are usually of poor location. Good FH are often very expensive with very poor yield. Not all LH are bad. NOT all FH are good. I like stats but I like real life cases more. Ask and ask around more from friends, relatives and colleagues to make our own conclusion. Sometimes forum-ers have their own agenda in their posts.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

Cheap FH are usually of poor location. Good FH are often very expensive with very poor yield. Not all LH are bad. NOT all FH are good. I like stats but I like real life cases more. Ask and ask around more from friends, relatives and colleagues to make our own conclusion. Sometimes forum-ers have their own agenda in their posts. ð¤ðð

Yup.

Human psychology and market sentiment also plays a part in prices of everything.

• Praise 1

Realistically speaking, i would probably take a cheaper FH in a poor location (since due to where i work and my kids go to school). My expectation is that must have more living space or peace and quiet since it's for self stay only. I'm not really bothered much by convenience to amenities.

But this is probably dinosaur thinking [laugh]

Not wrong to think this way if it is quality of life to you.

Everyone's value proposition is different. Note value is not always only $$

• Praise 2

One of my colleague is looking to exit from his resale FH condo acquired in 2017. Of course there is SSD to consider. His reason: rental yield too low for him. He might find better yielding instrument.

Another one acquired a new LH at same time in decent area getting, to him, a decent rental yield of 3+% now. With expectation of limited upside cap appreciation from now. Holding it for now.

I am citing these TRUE cases to balance the views here a bit.

• Praise 2

how about those roti prata fortune teller who change numbers faster than change underwear har, ready to handle?

MAJULLAH SINGAPURA AH!!!! ð

Underwear must change regularly.

I don’t believe in Freehold underwear unlike someone.

ð why not when the fh properties are all fully paid up, giving 5digits passive income every month plus valuation keep appreciating UP UP UP, waiting for next enbloc wage to encash

MAJULLAH SINGAPURA AH!!

HUAT GAO GAO AH!!!!!!!!!!

Underwear bought and paid by Daddy, what’s there to be really proud of???

if no money better stick to lh99

because fh is more expensive, not easy to upkeep

don't small head wear big hat like your colleague kena force to sell

your other colleague small head wear small hat buy lh99 is correct lah

I do not intend to respond but have no choice.

DON'T put words in my mouth. I DID NOT mention he is forced to sell. He is looking at better investment instrument. Those who have been in this tread will know that I am referring to the same colleague that went for Finland and Japan hiking trip AFTER completing this FH transaction. He is now even considering retiring in next few years and he is not even 1/2 century old. Small head? I let readers decide.

Edited by Rskc
  • Praise 2

no need to explain your underwear bought by your daddy

is of zero interest to readers here

ð

MAJULLAH SINGAPURA AH!!!

The only thing my parent ever gave me was an education.

Everything 自摸then one will understand the true meaning of public versus private housing, and LH versus FH. People who were given everything on a platter either just inherits obsolete thinking or develop their own Super biased thinking.

Happy National Day!

• Praise 3

Need a house in Sg. Is either rent or buy. But with a kid prefer to buy so that no need to keep moving. Just a need. Got something below 1 mil FH 3 pools. Kid happy to run around the garden and no longer need to move after lease ended. Met good friends and play daily. I think can buy any time if it is a need as long as not very high price and comfortably afford. There is always willing seller in the market.

• Praise 3

If for investment, the holding power as well as the exit plan is more important.... LH and FH alike. With a well executed plan, a LH does not loose to FH.

If talk about long term hold long long,....THE FH one will of course win hands down. But as said before, it is how you execute than matter that is more important.

• Praise 3

Yep, if you have the acumen, even a 30 yr lease can be a good investment..

Timing, location and price are paramount. There's no easy money. Do your money and reap the rewards of your research.

The usual basic principles still apply. 

And unless there's a war or major recession with significant retrenchment, if the economy chugs along, the prices will continue their lofty march.. 

• Praise 1

got ca$h got talk ... full ca$h for everything ... [thumbsup]

Haha, can full cash for everything definitely great.

But with the current low interest rate environment and looking set to go even lower, I would leverage and put the funds to better use investing into returns higher than bank interest. (eg div stocks)

'use other ppl's money (bank) to make more money' [;)]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4