Singapore Private Property prices still up or down? Part III

pChou

19 hours ago, therock said:

The demand for landed remains strong.. and between this and the LH Nim next door, it's a no brainer.. 1400 psf for Nim and 1800 psf for this..

It's hard to justify a LH landed in this area, with minimal amenities nearby - you need to drive out for almost everything..

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/property/71-units-or-91-of-luxus-hills-landed-homes-in-seletar-hills-sold-during-preview?cx_testId=20&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=5#cxrecs_s

LH 999 wor. Not LH99.

• Praise 2

24 minutes ago, Nav14 said:

But China developer. I am surprised many buyers do not take this factor into account.

If reputable developer steps in, the price should be at least another 100 PSF higher.

• Praise 1

On 8/29/2019 at 11:18 AM, Acemundo said:

my facebook is blasted with ads of avenue south these days.  among them, one of the most eye catching one touted 200-300% appreciation...seriously hard sell and over promise.

i don't think even in my lifetime nor even my kid's lifetime can achieve 200% capital appreciation.

If one can buy into their marketing that it's anywhere near GSW, say 500% oso can....

On 8/29/2019 at 11:18 AM, Acemundo said:

my facebook is blasted with ads of avenue south these days.  among them, one of the most eye catching one touted 200-300% appreciation...seriously hard sell and over promise.

i don't think even in my lifetime nor even my kid's lifetime can achieve 200% capital appreciation.

Avenue South Residences' plot is within a very quiet neighborhood with a few places of worship.  The problem is AYE and CTE converge at that point and this limits its accessibility and potential.  The key selling point is near the hospitals.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Soya said:

Why does anyone wanna stay near a hospital?

as the marketers will usually say, fetch good rental to the doctors and nurses.......

17 hours ago, Soya said:

If one can buy into their marketing that it's anywhere near GSW, say 500% oso can....

haha.......seriously speaking, those who really buy in to such astronomical estimate of the capital gain need to have their brains checked.

There's a need to balance the potential growth, which is a real thing, versus the possible and also the fact that we have so many units coming up. If one buys too much into the hype, you may pay too much. Stand by the side too long and you may lose out too.

So is there a middle ground? Yes, but it will depend on your own skill and sleuthing abilities to find a good value place. Typically it's not the new ones that offer value, rather, the almost new between 5-15 years old that offer more value. 

In the area, there are many such units, you just need to look harder... 

22 minutes ago, Acemundo said:

as the marketers will usually say, fetch good rental to the doctors and nurses.......

That's marketing BS. Pinoy nurses can afford to rent condo meh? Docs can afford car, dun need to stay walking distance to hospital

And somemore anytime of the day got eee-orrr-eee-orrr sound

• Haha! 1

Actually the proximity part makes sense..

Those who are renting don't drive hence they want a place near work - if they work there.

Nurses will squeeze a few into the same unit. 

Sirens usually get switched off in the hospital itself.

But the trains aren't near and it's not really that great an area nor is there a great view unless you have the right facing. So do your homework I say... YMMV... 

• Praise 2

59 minutes ago, Acemundo said:

Any cons to staying near hospital?

• Praise 1

40 minutes ago, Kusje said:

Any cons to staying near hospital?

Some people think stay near hospital scare got airbone pollutants from the hospital, or if there is any outbreak like SARS, the surrounding would become like ghost town. Lol. But if use for rental purpose then should be good, cause there is high demand from nurses.

• Praise 2