Singapore Private Property prices still up or down? Part III

pChou

On 9/4/2019 at 11:40 AM, Kusje said:

Any cons to staying near hospital?

I stay 1-2 bus stops away from SK hospital.  Ever since last August, more ambulance sirens are heard.  Sometimes (few times a week) will hear siren middle of the nite.  It didn't help when the fire station is nearby too.  Some people may not like it. 😄

So if stay there have to get used to it.  I'm used to it already.😄

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Practically speaking, it might not be a bad idea to be near a hospital. The optimal state is to be a couple of streets away and not directly beside or facing it.

• Praise 2

22 minutes ago, Dleodleo said:

I stay 1-2 bus stops away from SK hospital.  Ever since last August, more ambulance sirens are heard.  Sometimes (few times a week) will hear siren middle of the nite.  It didn't help when the fire station is nearby too.  Some people may not like it. 😄

So if stay there have to get used to it.  I'm used to it already.😄

its ok lah....sirens not as loud as the f15s flying around the area

free airshows leh

😅

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, therock said:

It's interesting that Japan is discouraging high rise..

I guess they really have that population and birth crunch..

A real contrast to the past decade and also to us..

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Construction/Fearing-ghost-towns-Japanese-cities-ban-high-rise-condos

Japan has lots of earthquakes. Different story.

The density is also more manageable with more options to build outside city centre.

We really have very little choice in this regard.

Edited by Showster
Updates
  • Praise 3

From urban planning point of view, there are many advantages if the population can work, live, play over a smaller area. 

For one, less commute time & traffic. Reduce emission & pollution etc.

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:07 AM, Soya said:

That's marketing BS. Pinoy nurses can afford to rent condo meh? Docs can afford car, dun need to stay walking distance to hospital

And somemore anytime of the day got eee-orrr-eee-orrr sound

Singhealth is expanding the SGH campus and more docs will be working there soon in their grand master plan.

Anyway you might be surprised to know that many people can afford car but chose to live within walking distance or 1 mrt stop to where they work, including docs, bankers and so on. I have a doc friend who will never buy a car and his plan is to shift as conveniently as possible to where his clinic is located. Another friend who is in real estate business is making good money but chose to stay at Bain Street where his office is close by and not get a car too.

So don't rule out the desirability of people wanting to stay close to where they work even if they can afford car but chose not to. Even those that have car often also like to stay near to where they work (not necessarily walking distance but within a few mrt stops).

Edited by Damienic
  • Praise 2

On 9/5/2019 at 3:52 PM, Showster said:

Practically speaking, it might not be a bad idea to be near a hospital. The optimal state is to be a couple of streets away and not directly beside or facing it.

what about near mount vernon?

must be good location right

property nearby sibei ex leh ... 

Edited by Wt_know

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:58 AM, Acemundo said:

from fengshui perspective, no good to be near epicenter of negative energy

I believe this is applicable if the "near" is really "near", like next to it or directly opposite. Avenue South I believe is couple of streets away and effects of "neg energy" coming from hospital is negligible I think.

On 9/6/2019 at 3:58 PM, Damienic said:

Singhealth is expanding the SGH campus and more docs will be working there soon in their grand master plan.

Anyway you might be surprised to know that many people can afford car but chose to live within walking distance or 1 mrt stop to where they work, including docs, bankers and so on. I have a doc friend who will never buy a car and his plan is to shift as conveniently as possible to where his clinic is located. Another friend who is in real estate business is making good money but chose to stay at Bain Street where his office is close by and not get a car too.

So don't rule out the desirability of people wanting to stay close to where they work even if they can afford car but chose not to. Even those that have car often also like to stay near to where they work (not necessarily walking distance but within a few mrt stops).

Agree. I live near SGH and I have friend asking me if I wanna rent out my room to his cousin, a doctor. Reason: rather rent to be near work place. 

• Praise 1

On 9/6/2019 at 3:59 PM, Wt_know said:

what about near mount vernon?

must be good location right

property nearby sibei ex leh ... 

Tiny island like Singapore,  where also not much difference except for those designated as industrial areas. East side near changi airport good meh? Every minute got plane fly up or down. Just imagine the air pollution. 

Maybe Sentosa air is the best lah.

• Praise 1

Talk about air, I think those near reservoir, forested area best.... Canberra, sembawang, upper thomson, bedok res, upper bukit Timah.... I like but others might not like. As long as not major pollution or really distinct, its not gonna be the main factor. If haze hit, even Orchard road is not spared cos no place is  excluded. So I guess other factors like amenities still rank higher in priority. 

• Praise 1

HKee and PRC ... we love you deep deep 

$8M a pop with $1.6M ABSD .... huat ah!

just make sure both of you are not neighbor ... else every morning we hear DLLM morning call ... [laugh]

2019-09-25_150614.jpg

It is the PRC market especially for the high ends. Would this trend stop? Personally I think unlikely. What would it take to stop them? Control from China on fund transfer and country selling property imposing restrictions.

↡ Advertisement