Singapore Private Property prices still up or down? Part III

pChou

15 minutes ago, Alfc said:

I also dun understand what is all the BS about climate change, flooding in SG, potential Sars, middle-east unrest etc when property prices keeps going up. I dun give a damn about any of these until I see real property prices tanking, otherwise all really just BS.

Climate change worldwide and unrest will drive the affluent to cities with solutions that work.

These solutions are extremely costly and these places will be very few and far in between. Expect to pay THAT MUCH more for even public housing in such cities in the future.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

8 minutes ago, Showster said:

In many parts of the world, your property can get:

blown up

burnt

underwater

Sudden collapse in property

non functional

Unfortunately we tend forget that, complain about how bad things are in SG.. 

Take a trip around Asia, then see how you feel about SG... 

Sometimes it's important to take stock and be content..

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Dear gurus, need help with 1 question. 

If one owns a Hdb and subsequently a private pty. What will happen when the HDB goes under enbloc? Does the owner get another HDB unit thru enbloc exercise or he will be force to return to HDB without the new unit as he already has a private pty? 

On 1/8/2020 at 10:11 AM, therock said:

Seems like majority of MCST and clubs are run by those who reflects the term, “power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely”! Lots of selfish people and people with personal agenda. 

6 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Seems like majority of MCST and clubs are run by those who reflects the term, “power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely”! Lots of selfish people and people with personal agenda. 

welcome to singapore

absolute values for singapore is absolute no $$ no talk

btw, what is your point behind the question?

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

37 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

Dear gurus, need help with 1 question. 

If one owns a Hdb and subsequently a private pty. What will happen when the HDB goes under enbloc? Does the owner get another HDB unit thru enbloc exercise or he will be force to return to HDB without the new unit as he already has a private pty? 

According to what I know, yes you get.

But no HDB loan allowed.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Showster said:

But no HDB loan allowed.

is that considered hdb hogging? lol

so after getting a “replacement” hdb

owner has to move out from private back to hdb to fulfil the 5 years MOP? [sly] 

Edited by Wt_know

26 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Actually bro, there are many decent folks in these committees.. the owner run ones tend towards keeping the place ship shape at a low cost.

But I agree some have inflated egos..

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

is that considered hdb hogging? lol

so after getting a “replacement” hdb

owner has to move out from private back to hdb to fulfil the 5 years MOP? [sly] 

Technically already fulfilled MOP years ago. 

SERS rule is Govt acquire, not typical sell and buy, no choice.

VERS time rules may change.

wah ... no wonder so many hdb kena hogged ... huat until siao ah!

like agent say ... everyone must hold 2 properties ... die die dont let go ... huat ah!

• Praise 1

36 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

wah ... no wonder so many hdb kena hogged ... huat until siao ah!

like agent say ... everyone must hold 2 properties ... die die dont let go ... huat ah!

83741D25-A41E-47E9-A7E0-BD447764C3F9.thumb.jpeg.876003714d6efaaced7f0694305c97ef.jpeg

Boleh.

On 1/5/2020 at 12:46 PM, therock said:

It's relative..

Eg a friend has a place at Dawson, he is surrounded by condos which cost 1-2 times more.. so he feels that his HDB is super VFM. He can swim at Delta, go to his work gym, and he is happy.

And those en bloc chaps want it Now... so after getting 4mil, there's plenty of change left over from such a 'cheap' place..

Agree...it is the quality of life and the amenities around it. I may choose a "cheap" flat in a good city area with minimal transportation times when I retire. Best if I can reach malls, airport, parks within 15min by Grab or MRT. Saves time (when one is old, the shorter the traveling time the better due to stamina), saves transportation costs (forever increasing) and high probability I will not drive if stay at fringes of city. 

• Praise 2

When one is young, 10min from a train station is already great news..

As I age, I aim to keep things within 500m... especially if there's no shelter.. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 1/11/2020 at 1:49 PM, Showster said:

But no HDB loan allowed.

No hdb loan is ok cause can go get bank loan. So those who have a private and hdb, after SERS, still can get a replacement new flat, sell back to hdb and get compensated money or sell in resale market. Not bad ah, meaning the owner can hold two properties forever.

But such SERS good lobang seldom can happen now, esp they announced that not all old flats will be SERS and with the implementing of VERS, you want your old flat to get SERS even harder than striking Toto. 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1