Singapore Private Property prices still up or down? Part III

pChou

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

so, guru advice is DO NOT TOUCH CPF for property?

either full cash or full loan? [thumbsup] 

2020-10-16_140156.jpg

Dude, i said that long ago already.  Thats why i dont touch CPF for property.    CPF has to pay me the 2.5% instead of i paymyself the 2.5%.   Do you know how much difference that makes for me?   

However, this writer also didnt present a full picture.  The 2.5% that you hv to return CPF goes back to your acct and will still make up the amount which can be withdrawn beyond min sum after 55 yrs old.   So The 2.5% doesn disappear.

but my question is, do you want CPF to pay you the 2.5% or do you want to pay yourself 2.5% ??  Muayhahahah

i look at my CPF i feel soooooo rich..... shiok ah

huat huat huat, looking forward to 7 digit payout when i turn 55 !  I probably wont touch it and let it continue to compound 2.5%pa.......huat ah.....😀   

Edited by Throttle2

55 minutes ago, Arcachon said:

https://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php/21368-Book-review-by-SG-Wealth-Builder

Many people happily sold their investment property before the cooling measures and waiting for the crash, many are still waiting.

Wah you say like that will hurt a very prominent person on this forum wor. He said he sold in 2013. 7 years’ wait already.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Arcachon said:

We are pleased to announce a limited period only Reservation Scheme for XXX. The Terms & Conditions of the Scheme are as follows:

Reservation Scheme Terms & Conditions:
1)      The Reservation Scheme Promotion is only for a limited period from 17 October 2020 to 31 December 2020 (subject to changes).

2)      Buyers will be able to reserve a unit for a maximum of 3 months starting from the approval date during this promotion period.

3)      Agency IC to put up the reservation request for approval.  Please provide reasons for the reservation.

This is not a reissue or goodwill case.  PM me for details.

Developer very good no left turn go right to turn.

That's a very fast response by the developer to the latest measure.

1 minute ago, awhtc said:

That's a very fast response by the developer to the latest measure.

wah ... property market is SO HOT that no reservation no talk?

1 hour ago, Arcachon said:

Your Mind. NATO, SOUR GRAPES

Your Circle. NATO, SOUR GRAPES

Your image. NATO, SOUR GRAPES

Huat Ah.

He has some valid points there.

Most important is to understand one’s own profile and what works for one!

Malaysia property profile is also quite different from SG proposition so we must be able to discern the difference.

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Showster said:

He has some valid points there.

Most important is to understand one’s own profile and what works for one!

Malaysia property profile is also quite different from SG proposition so we must be able to discern the difference.

everyone has some valid points ...

everyone has different profile and need ... 

everyone has different level of ability ...

everyone has different priority in life ... 

just dont force it down to everyone throat ...

enough said ...

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

enough said ...

Many have similar priority, to show off that they can afford a expensive place and luxury lifestyle even it is beyond their means. Because of that, they are slave to their debts for most of their lifetime🤣

Edited by Ginyu

2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

enough said ...

Who say?  You forgot? Only property angels are right. Becos they are gurus and experts.  

Muayhahahahahahahaha

Actually nobody force anybody.

People are just putting forth their views. 

It might be the best for some but it also might not be for you. 

The worst are those who need and want but pretend that it’s bad. Just call a spade a spade and let us know the alternative strategy - rent all the way better mah?

• Praise 1

I am not sure why this thread has turn into some sort of sarcasm thread.

I hope that every senior MCF members realised that there are members of public who come to this thread looking for new information every day.  While not an obligation, we should be kind enough  to share our honest views and not some form of sarcasm. 

In investment matters, there is no right or wrong...only different views due to different investor profile, different risk level, different objectives. different age.  Just because some views differ from us does not mean they are wrong. We just have to give our  views, justify why is that so and then open our mind for different perspectives.

This thread can be potentially the best thread in MCF if we all want it to be so.

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Icedbs said:

I am not sure why this thread has turn into some sort of sarcasm thread.

I hope that every senior MCF members realised that there are members of public who come to this thread looking for new information every day.  While not an obligation, we should be kind enough  to share our honest views and not some form of sarcasm. 

In investment matters, there is no right or wrong...only different views due to different investor profile, different risk level, different objectives. different age.  Just because some views differ from us does not mean they are wrong. We just have to give our  views, justify why is that so and then open our mind for different perspectives.

This thread can be potentially the best thread in MCF if we all want it to be so.

Agreed. It used to be one of the best thread where the for and against will share their thoughts constructively, agreeing to disagree. It has been degraded to a certain degree of self trumpeting e.g. one's earning power at times and what one drinks or wear at time. What value does it bring to this thread? For fun and laughter is nice, too much becomes a drag. 

Let us get back to the nice debates from both sides and let forummers decide by themselves. They are not stupid and will know what to ignore.

By the way bro Icedbs, I always remember you posted some nice views previously and I thank you for that. Cheers. 😎 

• Praise 2

It would be helpful if when one advocates to buy, share what the profile of the buyer should be. What’s the expected ROI?

For a multiple property owner nearing retirement, it may not make sense to buy now.

The conversation will inevitably dwindle in quality because:

1. Buyers committed and no longer need to seek or contribute opinions.

2. Other potential buyers are either unable or unwilling to buy. Whether one is comfortable with the price, so few can actually qualify to buy.

3. Very few other than agents want to put forth their theories or thoughts to be proven right or wrong.

I would say, loosen all the measures, then we will qualify people who really want to buy. The quality of the discussion will then increase tremendously.

Let those who over commit and those who underestimate true values pay or earn for their mistakes and their right judgement. 

• Praise 1

the reason why properties in KEY Cities will keep raising,  but when it will stop and who will be left holding the baby, no one knows...

in the meantime,  never over stretch your own budget

and dont buy johor properties cos it's a dark hole🤣🤣🤣

https://www.businessinsider.com/most-influential-cities-in-the-world-2018-5#2-london-uk-20

https://www.businessinsider.com/most-influential-cities-in-the-world-2018-5#2-london-uk-20

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 3

On 10/14/2020 at 12:41 PM, ToyotaShuttle said:

Actually the issue is that they didn't build sufficient public housing and the BTO scheme is a failure. If there is sufficient public housing, then resale prices cannot be out of control anyway so MOP or no MOP, how does it matter?

what pdpa restrictions? He already told you some stuff right? As long as don't mention the name, will be fine. I don't think it has anything to do with pdpa.

Maybe this is the figment’s of poster imagination to frighten readers. Just like I still hear people frighten others that bank will ask for top up if property value is below loan outstanding (if I free, I’ll debunk this myth.... especially in such strict TDSR loan regime) . Who buy property don’t buy mortgage or term insurance is kum gong or don’t have good advisor. 

Last time best, can buy single premium mortgage insurance. But even though now the insurance cost is higher and insurance company smart to stop selling single premium policy, I continue to buy for each of my property incl investment property. My agent advised me don’t need coz it’s ‘investment’....Even if something happen, rental can continue cover installments.  However I rather the property be fully paid for so my dependents just enjoy the full rental income. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1