Singapore Private Property prices still up or down? Part III

pChou

5 minutes ago, awhtc said:

This recession does not seem like one from increasing property prices and COE prices..

It will be much more painful than the previous ones, maybe even worse than the period after 2009.

Painful recession, means everyone feels poorer after that. That means everything will be more ex...

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

You’re right

Its true that all this guy has been basically doing is just spamming.  At least Showster doesnt spam and participates in many other discussions elsewhere in the forum.

The best thing to do is to ignore. I am losing interest in this thread and will check out for time being. Will come back again when the troll is gone.  

• Praise 1

41 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

Wah, 200k cash sitting in the property? Only the good and nothing on the pitfalls? I hope the couple he helped does not get into trouble in future.

My take is always fully secure the roof over head first before getting more. Don't have to pay up but have the necessary liquidity to when needed. It is a priceless feel.

• Praise 1

55 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I have been reading rich dare poor dad when I was 15 leh. :grin:

He must be a genius. hahaha.

MTL ... he advised do not commit property suicide ...

or do not commit suicide?

which is which? i am lost ...  😆

Edited by Wt_know

7 hours ago, Arcachon said:

Bye, please don't go to other places to do the same thing you have done here.

Actually prior to your arrival, things were pretty much amiable here though there are some occasional disagreements but we tend to mostly agree to disagree.

I have seen you from the old condosingapore forum to what u are pushing here now and if u are trying to get some positive attention here.. maybe u may wish to tone down a little on your somewhat aggressive rhetoric. 

We are mostly mature enough to see what you are hawking here and there isn't a real need to flush us with chunks of marketing materials that we are already busy throwing away from our letterboxes. 

I really do appreciate Mercs' sharing as the articles are more neutral and informative without a slant towards hardsell. Hope to see more of that here.

• Praise 5

23 minutes ago, Arcachon said:

Why does one want to mislead the reader in the forum thinking people are stupid enough to believe what they share instead of what was shared in the video.

The couple in the mid-'30s, with 200k cash after selling their HDB and their CPF they are able to buy 2 private property with their income.

Many are doing this and there is this group of people sharing how dangerous and impossible to do just because they don't understand.

Then when people share how it is done, they start to say spamming to confuse the reader.

Let me guess the same person with a different account.

HAHA

Are you referring to me? 🙂 I do appreciate some of the info/data you put out there. I thank you for those.

However, if you can't accept what I say, it is totally fine. We all have our opinion. Like I mentioned before, agree to disagree. 

To "win" a discussion by saying that my account belongs to another same person in forum is shallow.

Be humble my friend.

16 hours ago, Invigorated said:

Actually prior to your arrival, things were pretty much amiable here though there are some occasional disagreements but we tend to mostly agree to disagree.

I have seen you from the old condosingapore forum to what u are pushing here now and if u are trying to get some positive attention here.. maybe u may wish to tone down a little on your somewhat aggressive rhetoric. 

We are mostly mature enough to see what you are hawking here and there isn't a real need to flush us with chunks of marketing materials that we are already busy throwing away from our letterboxes. 

I really do appreciate Mercs' sharing as the articles are more neutral and informative without a slant towards hardsell. Hope to see more of that here.

Can’t agree more. 
now the thread feels like marketing tool for some people. 

there ain’t any room for discussion unless you are on the same page... 

• Praise 1

On 10/23/2020 at 9:52 AM, Showster said:

Company entity buying first residential property is subjected to ABSD.

This loophole was covered long time ago (I think 2013) and recently upgraded (2018).

Unless you can buy the company that already owns the residential property. I am not sure if there are many of such companies to buy.

Yeah. Loophole closed. If company sole purpose is to hold the property, and just transferring the company ownership the Taxman will slap the usual Duties on the buyer/seller. 

I would give the readers in this forum here more credit than assuming they are all ignorant or old fogeys steeped in their ways.

Everybody has different risk appetite & if they reckon property investment at this point in time don’t fit their objectives, we should respect that.

Personally, policy risk aside, CPF returns at 2.5% to 4% which is on net basis beats many endowment policies or annuities.  1M65 is actually not a myth.

1M55 based on one person earning is possible - if you just diligently contribute without withdrawing any for housing etc. 
Again, one has to do their own assessment on what works in their circumstances & how they should organise their finances. There is more than one way to achieve financial freedom.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Khng8 said:

I would give the readers in this forum here more credit than assuming they are all ignorant or old fogeys steeped in their ways.

Everybody has different risk appetite & if they reckon property investment at this point in time don’t fit their objectives, we should respect that.

Personally, policy risk aside, CPF returns at 2.5% to 4% which is on net basis beats many endowment policies or annuities.  1M65 is actually not a myth.

1M55 based on one person earning is possible - if you just diligently contribute without withdrawing any for housing etc. 
Again, one has to do their own assessment on what works in their circumstances & how they should organise their finances. There is more than one way to achieve financial freedom.

1M65 definitely not a myth, i not even 50, already there😎

Some planning, prudence and of course, buying properties not touching CPF.  Or use CPF but pay back very fast.

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

58 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

1M65 definitely not a myth, i not even 50, already there😎

Some planning, prudence and of course, buying properties not touching CPF.  Or use CPF but pay back very fast.

How do you hit 1 million in CPF before 50? I thought there is a cap in how much you can put in your CPF? My gut tells me it is impossible mathematically to hit 1milion for 1 person before 50. I can be wrong though. 

ACtually if you use CPF to buy property, CPF accrues the interest so it will not affect how much you have inside your CPF after you sell the house, it is just you have to pay the interest out of your own pocket.

edit: if you add up all the three accounts, Ordinary, Special plus medisave, maybe can but still tough.

Edited by Wind30

25 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

How do you hit 1 million in CPF before 50? I thought there is a cap in how much you can put in your CPF? My gut tells me it is impossible mathematically to hit 1milion for 1 person before 50. I can be wrong though. 

edit: if you add up all the three accounts, Ordinary, Special plus medisave, maybe can. 

It is possible.  

Yes i am talking about CPF as a whole OA, SA, MS.

of course it is tough, but i am one such example.

even if just OA it is still possible.  Just depends on how much bonus you are paid, year after year after year.

For 99% of people , they cannot becos they use cpf for properties.  

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

It is possible.  

Yes i am talking about CPF as a whole OA, SA, MS.

of course it is tough, but i am one such example.

even if just OA it is still possible.  Just depends on how much bonus you are paid, year after year after year.

For 99% of people , they cannot becos they use cpf for properties.  

OA only I think it is impossible as there is a cap to CPF contribution and the OA interest rate is only 2.5% per year. OA+SA+MS possible I guess. 

After you set aside the Full Retirement Sum of $181k & Medisave at $60k, still can withdraw more than $700k at age 55. (1M55)

But those who are eligible are not withdrawing the excess funds after 55. In fact people I know want to contribute more since CPF interest rate is much higher. 

Of course this is relevant to those who are past 55 & can treat their OA like a high yield savings account.

The point I am making is that it takes discipline a belief that CPF is indeed your money & should be included in your retirement planning.

Edited by Khng8
Delete loop
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2