Singapore Private Property prices still up or down? Part III

pChou

ECs seem to be an out-dated concept.  I will not consider a family that can afford a $1 mil 3-bedroom EC as being a sandwiched class.  The government should re-direct the subsidies to more needy families.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

ECs seem to be an out-dated concept. I will not consider a family that can afford a $1 mil 3-bedroom EC as being a sandwiched class. The government should re-direct the subsidies to more needy families.

$1M EC buyers require govt subsidy

in other word reenforcing mcf standard $500k household income per annum is “middle class”

Edited by Wt_know

Punggol and SengKang, the two most popular BTO areas have 132 units that are going to MOP within the next 1 month.

Out of these 132 units, only 16 units are in the black based on market valuation.

And out of that 16 units that probably make money, only 2 units could be between 10%-20% profit. The other 14 units are all below 10% profit.

But note that 116 units are all under water.

That's new BTO for you.

This is bad. If this is the case, how to upgrade. In the past, people can make some nice decent $ to upgrade. Now i think no chance liao.

(edited)

This is bad. If this is the case, how to upgrade. In the past, people can make some nice decent $ to upgrade. Now i think no chance liao.

For those eyeing ECs, it may be a good time to consider one soon.

launches have become far and few between. The dbss scheme ended before we know it. Not sure how long this scheme will stay relevant if it only benefits a small percentage of the population.

Edited by Invigorated

ya you are right....i very sore about missing the boat and envy the 20% private property owners

but i tiagong holding cash is silly so i spent it all

luckily got 1 guru tell me a secret that i can hold 20-30 properties without any cash down

so now i can proudly tell my friends and relatives i own more than 20 properties in sg and overseas

[thumbsup]  :D

Wah so many, give people chance lar..

I always find overseas properties very troublesome and hard to monitor. My friend make quite a bit in Myanmar and Vietnam because he travels there often. But then again, no risk no hard work = no gain.

Looking at ulu sumang EC selling like hot cakes at 1080psf, u wonder why hdb keep pushing up prices

reason is probably with resale hdb prices of the selected few pushing 1.2mil boundary, EC seem to be no choice but 'forced' to push up accordingly

in other words is a viscous cycle, people don't want to be the ones left behind at the base of the pyramid, everyone strive to go up higher, higher ð

First time I heard of viscous cycle.

But it is an appropriate term here. Viscous indeed...

funny thing is ulu place lh99 not near mrt also sell like hot cakes nowadays even over 1k psf

see Piermont grand EC 1080psf sold almost 50% during launch, nearest mrt is punggol mrt, 1km away!!!

I Guess it's a common perception that EC is "subsidised private housing" and therefore sell after MOP sure make money?

That's why people rush to buy.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

I Guess it's a common perception that EC is "subsidised private housing" and therefore sell after MOP sure make money?

That's why people rush to buy.

If the house bought new is subsidized, if sell after MOP confirmed can make money whether it is BTO or EC.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

wah. sifu finally admitted.

20 properties!

ya no need cash can own 20 properties

i will tell you the secret if you chia me kopi

got chio xmm to hand you the documents to sign on and take selfie with you to make you part of that inner circle of elite investors

ai mai...high flyer?

:D 

• Praise 1

Singapore property always good to be in the game, being vested.

The old days of buying new hdb, stay 5 yrs, sell and buy another new hdb and finally sell and buy new EC days are quite gone. That was almost a sure win way to make monies.

The same can't be said for now. Really dependa on all stars alignment.

Having said that, I would advocate not overstretching finances and buy within means. Piece of mind over perceived sense of having arrived by staying in a private property.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

ECs seem to be an out-dated concept.  I will not consider a family that can afford a $1 mil 3-bedroom EC as being a sandwiched class.  The government should re-direct the subsidies to more needy families.

Paper subsidy la.

Give you 30k to buy EC which pushes EC prices up which pushes the price developers pay for land up.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

ya no need cash can own 20 properties

i will tell you the secret if you chia me kopi

got chio xmm to hand you the documents to sign on and take selfie with you to make you part of that inner circle of elite investors

ai mai...high flyer?

:D

I will buy you kopi anyday. No need wait for you to tell me secrets la.

Turbocharged

If the house bought new is subsidized, if sell after MOP confirmed can make money whether it is BTO or EC.

Diferent.

BTO after 5 years or 10 years, can only sell back to locals or long term PRs 

EC, after 5 years can sell to locals or any PR. After 10 years can even sell to foreigners.

The market size (hence market demand)  for EC expands  after 5 years and grow even larger after 10 years.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Diferent.

BTO after 5 years or 10 years, can only sell back to locals or long term PRs 

EC, after 5 years can sell to locals or any PR. After 10 years can even sell to foreigners.

The market size (hence market demand)  for EC expands  after 5 years and grow even larger after 10 years.

True la, but ultimately both also make money lo. 

Hypersonic

I will buy you kopi anyday. No need wait for you to tell me secrets la.

wah high flyer.... departure from your usual self?

nobody like to be left behind at bottom of pyramid, everyone aim to upgrade to next higher level

at the apex of course is fh landed, see Dyson buy a fh gcb after bought lh99 penthouse, must be kena f by the financial advisors why buy lh99 instead of fh, then he quickly buy a fh to rectify buyer remorse

ð

He's referring to vicious cycle lah. Not viscous
  • Praise 1

wah .... pecah lobang liao

HDB lost $2B leh ... what do you think?

Paper subsidy la.

Give you 30k to buy EC which pushes EC prices up which pushes the price developers pay for land up.

quick question

EC after 10 years ... "automatically" classified as pte property or still need to go through simi sai approval or need a pte property management to take over something like that?

i also want buy toyota get lexus leh ... how come ah gong no give [bigcry]

EC eventually become pte lh99 after 1st 10yr, eligible for enbloc if good location