Singapore Private Property prices still up or down? Part III

pChou

14 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

newly minted MILLIONAIRE from Punggol and Sengkang ... please keechiu .... mai pai seh ... gong xi fa cai!

C2E986D4-E05B-4E08-AFB1-ED762CA9F7B8.jpeg

It says had the highest number of newer flats sold in punggol and sengkang?! But think this place also have the highest number of people choose to stay there le?!

↡ Advertisement

21 minutes ago, 13177 said:

It says had the highest number of newer flats sold in punggol and sengkang?! But think this place also have the highest number of people choose to stay there le?!

Just drive along the expressway and pass by there, and you will see that both observations are correct! 

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Showster said:

Just drive along the expressway and pass by there, and you will see that both observations are correct! 

I noticed sengkang and punggol also have many EC and condo built? I dont really see this in other heartlander le?!

12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I noticed sengkang and punggol also have many EC and condo built? I dont really see this in other heartlander le?!

Yup you are right probably.

• Praise 1

The land in that area is probably lower than other more mature districts.. if a new nuclear family is willing to put up with the inconvenience, you get lots of government grants and funding. Then you can step up to other housing and make full use of all the $$ that is being given. Not too bad.

Just have an exit strategy, especially in 5 years time when everyone else there wants out too...

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, therock said:

The land in that area is probably lower than other more mature districts.. if a new nuclear family is willing to put up with the inconvenience, you get lots of government grants and funding. Then you can step up to other housing and make full use of all the $$ that is being given. Not too bad.

Just have an exit strategy, especially in 5 years time when everyone else there wants out too...

Maybe right, people buy new bto there and later moved out after 5 years, they profited quite a lot and then move to other location or upgrade to private. 

33 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Maybe right, people buy new bto there and later moved out after 5 years, they profited quite a lot and then move to other location or upgrade to private. 

I think they used to have a better deal, to rent it out after MOP to support private purchase. But the option is out for some time loh.

• Praise 1

41 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If you see the distribution of resale flats, there's a lot of activity there, so I surmise, there is a rush to get out after MOP, and there are peaks of activity elsewhere, where these sellers will then try to buy in the more central areas..

Then there is circulation and the agents are happy..

• Praise 1

wah ... take 400k 30 year loan spend 100k doing up the bto to stay 5-8 years....

then sell bto for 700k and take up 1m loan to buy 1.3m atas condo .... will feel like a millionaire bo?

🤣

those sell $700K choon choon MOL is lock stock barrel la

100% original without mods ... lol

already plan to sell in day 1 when collect key. :D 

• Praise 1

You'll be surprised how many reno-zillas there are...

Even when I talk to my own staff, even if their combined household income isn't that high, the lady of the house wants a 'home and decor' home... even if I tell them that whatever reno costs put in are not recoverable..

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, therock said:

Even when I talk to my own staff, even if their combined household income isn't that high, the lady of the house wants a 'home and decor' home... even if I tell them that whatever reno costs put in are not recoverable..

YOLO ma ... 

3 hours ago, Showster said:

I think they used to have a better deal, to rent it out after MOP to support private purchase. But the option is out for some time loh.

You mean the rental in sengkang and punggol not as good now?

2 hours ago, therock said:

If they plan to stay very long, then still worth to pay high reno costs, if only plan to stay 5 yrs or so, better dont spend too much on reno. But i guess many owners thought they can ask for a higher price when they sell the house if their reno cost is high?!

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

You mean the rental in sengkang and punggol not as good now?

Rental yield for HDB still excellent, but then the ABSD of 12% makes it that many more years for prospective landlords to recoup if they intend to keep the HDB. Imagine 60K if they bought a half million private property. How long would they take just to recover the ABSD paid upfront?

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, 13177 said:

If they plan to stay very long, then still worth to pay high reno costs, if only plan to stay 5 yrs or so, better dont spend too much on reno. But i guess many owners thought they can ask for a higher price when they sell the house if their reno cost is high?!

for a brand new bto 

most reno ads is $20k ... which is good to live and practical liao

those spend $100K on reno and think their unit is sibei awesome with sime theme is [hur] 

• Haha! 2

53 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

for a brand new bto 

most reno ads is $20k ... which is good to live and practical liao

those spend $100K on reno and think their unit is sibei awesome with sime theme is [hur] 

Those spend $100k on reno and think their unit is sibei awesome, when they sell their flat later also asked for sibei ridiculous price lo.

The days of the en bloc windfall are numbered for now..

The large old places like Laguna, Bradell etc face a real dilemma.. there are owners who want out, since the places are really old, and need a lot of money to maintain. But there are also those holding out because they like the space and want to get a similar sized home.

Well, no one is going to pay them enough to do so, otherwise where's the margin right?

And the longer they hold out, the worse it gets. So there is a real risk of these LH places running down to zero or facing a fire sale when the older owners capitulate.. 

I guess they just want to live their lives out in these units and don't care about resale..

↡ Advertisement