Singapore Private Property prices still up or down? Part III

pChou

2 hours ago, Arcachon said:

Longer MOP, extra stamp duty, shorter leases as possible solutions

I think he misses the elephant in the room

This is a hot topic today . 😁

More subsi more grants esp for prime location (???? Hur hur hur ).... 

• Haha! 2

47 minutes ago, Arcachon said:

Longer MOP, extra stamp duty, shorter leases as possible solutions

I think he misses the elephant in the room

Make a guess, what did he mises? 

Cannot buy private even if they are willing to pay ABSD?

I thought I read this somewhere though.

• Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Arcachon said:

Nope, but a good guess.

Cannot buy private even if they are willing to pay ABSD? Still got a way around it.

Yup but will have deterrent effect especially if need to apply under two persons’ names.

• Praise 1

That one is well known situation. Inevitable situation, how to call elephant?

Might as well say aim for negative economic numbers for 3 years as a cooling measure.

1 hour ago, Arcachon said:

1. Longer MOP

2. Extra stamp duty

3. Shorter leases

PR cannot buy? Nope

Those who owned any property before cannot buy? Nope

Will have a deterrent effect especially if need to apply under two persons’ names. Nope

Cannot buy private even if they are willing to pay ABSD - Nope

The Math will still let the investor buy, they should control the math. Guess what is the number they should control.

• Praise 1

On 10/21/2020 at 10:29 AM, Showster said:

There are some truths in this as well. 

With the equity loan funds and personal savings, I switched some stocks held and bought some more, doubling the value of my cash holdings today.

But still not enough to qualify to buy one more property, unless cheap industrial / commercial for now...

Some people will wait for 2021 (both housing and equity). Then they will wait for 2022...

The weirdest truth is, it will never make full sense at the point that you buy. It didn't make sense in 2006 when I bought my first, 2012 when I bought my second, and 2015 when I got the third. For each property, it only STARTS to make sense minimum 3-5 years later. By the way, all three are bought as new property (firsthand). 

It's almost time that the decision made sense.

https://www.srx.com.sg/singapore-property-news/60511/hdb-resale-prices-up-29-in-q4-biggest-quarterly-rise-in-9-years-flash-data

If one holds till end 2021, it will make good sense.

If one can hold 3-5 years, people will ask sincerely how come you had the foresight to buy then. AKA how come you had perfect sense?

But the writings have always been on the wall all along, just whether people choose to acknowledge or to ignore.

• Praise 2

On 2/1/2021 at 9:43 AM, Arcachon said:

In property webinars. leedon green at $2500pfs has been touted as cheap and undervalued, any reason why still 86% unsold?

Riviere, better location than martin modern and at $2500pfs (same as martin and LH) is also 80% unsold after 1.5 years

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Newbie26 said:

In property webinars. leedon green at $2500pfs has been touted as cheap and undervalued, any reason why still 86% unsold?

Riviere, better location than martin modern and at $2500pfs (same as martin and LH) is also 80% unsold after 1.5 years

In the first place, which property webinar will ever say their property is overvalued?  And when they say is cheap and undervalued, it is with comparison with what?

Leedon Green sold 92 units in 2020 with their average $psf at $2684. You decide if that is a good buy for a FH in D10 now.