Singapore Private Property prices still up or down? Part III

pChou

Dyson is telling UK to FCUK.....and he brexited and brought the job mkt elsewhere.....

Supercharged

The current resale market offers pockets of good bargains provided one knows where to look at.

I also realise there are more owners who buy and upgrade before selling their current home. For these people, in order to get their ABSD refunds, they need to sell their current home within 6 months and this is where they will price their home very reasonably and good fair value can be found.

Recently I was combing D10 Freeholds and there are condos which I feel is quite undervalued considering the developments in the vicinity. Initially I thought maybe these condos are older but when I do similar age comparison, I could not believe how underwhelm their $psf are. There are opportunities like this now for resale buyers. 

anyway district 3 or 9 undervalued properties to share or can pm me?  i could be buying within 12 months, looking around.  

• Praise 1

(edited)

Dyson is telling UK to FCUK.....and he brexited and brought the job mkt elsewhere.....

he championed the Brexit movement but....says alot about his character

anyway, let's welcome the benefits and think later, wonder if he gives scholarship to tikos

Edited by Staff69

These high asset persons are an asset to us, pun intended

They buy up the super high end without competing with the lower end

They add jobs and put us on the map.

If Bill Gates, Jobs RIP, etc stay here, it will be good. The whole of Washington state worship Gates for example.. he does a lot for them.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/view-kismis-bukit-timah-opens-public-preview-july-13

View at Kismis in Bukit Timah opens for public preview on July 13

Units in the 186-unit development range from 517 sq ft for a two-bedroom unit, to 1,292 sq ft for a five-bedroom unit. Prices for two-bedders are expected to start from $880,000, and the average selling price will range from $1,550 psf to $1,750 psf.

The development is expected to launch for sale on July 20 following the public preview.

post-18880-0-42549400-1562840499_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

The 5 mins walk to sgh is true. What people might not know is... If you stay high enough, u will see the SGH MORTUARY.

• Praise 3

The 5 mins walk to sgh is true. What people might not know is... If you stay high enough, u will see the SGH MORTUARY.

So I guess they left out Vantage Mortuary Views for some selected units or most units

So I guess they left out Vantage Mortuary Views for some selected units or most units

I saw the design and I think the wide circular gap was oriented to the mortuary. Meaning, units won't see it directly. But, got to really choose the unit properly if really buying. That place is a daily cargo in cargo out place.
  • Praise 2

If this is referring to the bad luck or being superstitious, the fact remains that those lived there laughed to their bank after enbloc. It could be once in a lifetime for some who lived there.
  • Praise 6

Hypersonic

Amazing psf of yesteryear

2005 ($496psf) 2019 ($1,551psf) profit (213%)

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/resale-unit-leonie-gardens-reaps-18-mil-profit

Resale unit at Leonie Gardens reaps $1.8 mil profit

The seller of a unit at Leonie Gardens made the top gain of $1.83 million over the week of June 26 to July 2. The 1,733 sq ft, three-bedroom unit on the 14th floor was bought for $860,000 ($496 psf) in July 2005 and sold for $2.69 million ($1,551 psf) on July 2. The seller made a 213% profit, or an annualised profit of 9% over 14 years.

The second top gain made over the week – a 48% profit of $1.45 million – was at Sky@ Eleven, off Thomson Road in District 11. The 2,713 sq ft, four-bedroom unit on the 20th floor was purchased for $3 million ($1,106 psf) in August 2008 and sold for $4.45 million ($1,641 psf) on June 27. This means that the seller made an annualised profit of 4% over 11 years.

A unit sold at The Trevose, off Dunearn Road in District 11, made the third most profitable transaction over the week, netting a 99% profit of $1.31 million for the seller. The 1,894 sq ft, four-bedroom unit on the fourth floor was bought in October 2003 for $1.32 million ($696 psf), and sold for $2.63 million ($1,388 psf) on June 28. The seller therefore made an annualised profit of 4% over 16 years.

On the other hand, the greatest loss incurred over the week was from the resale of a 1,464 sq ft, three-bedroom unit at Caribbean at Keppel Bay in District 4. Having sold the property for $2.12 million ($1,448 psf) on July 1, the seller sustained a 13% loss of $330,000. The unit was purchased in May 2014 for $2.45 million ($1,674 psf). Over a holding period of five years, this translates into an annualised loss of 3%.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4