Singapore Private Property prices still up or down? Part III

pChou

Hypersonic

Sure you could say it is what sets condo apart from hdb.

So if one doesn't use the facilities, why stay in a condo?

wah high flyer....to show that one is part of the 20% elite high income who stays in private property loh

:a-m1212:  [:)] 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Sure you could say it is what sets condo apart from hdb.

So if one doesn't use the facilities, why stay in a condo?

+1

Don’t stay in a condo if you worry about maintenance fees

The monthly fees can be substantial

And a tiny gym may be worse than none

Just like those Mickey Mouse pools .. the cost of maintaining it isn’t much lower than a large one but you won’t be able to swim at all

• Praise 1

Maintenance fee is subjective la. For me, I have 2 cars and every month, I am paying 220 plus cc which add up to about 300 a month. Condo mantainance fee is about 350. Almost the same.

• Praise 1

Can build into usable space de... Nowadays outdoor blinds are very useful.

To make things worse, there is nothing desirable about the balcony if all one see when step outside is the neighbour's facing unit. I see you, you see me view regardless of how high is the level.

• Praise 2

I see a lot being converted to become store room. A bit like hanging clothes at the window and spoiling the facade.

Depends whether your neighbours siu bo.... can be very desirable! 

To make things worse, there is nothing desirable about the balcony if all one see when step outside is the neighbour's facing unit. I see you, you see me view regardless of how high is the level.

• Praise 1

Depends whether your neighbours siu bo.... can be very desirable!

Yeah you are right. Alternative take on "view" . Lol

Hypersonic

Hypersonic

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/real-estate/developers-sell-821-private-homes-in-june-26-higher-on-year-down-14-from-may-ura-data

Developers sell 821 private homes in June, 26% higher on year, down 14% from May: URA data

This came as 670 private homes were launched last month, down from 1,394 units in May as well as the 726 units in June last year.

There were only four new projects - Sky Everton, Lattice One, Seraya Residences and Sloanne Residences compared to nine in May 2019.

Last month's top-selling project was Sky Everton, which sold 134 units at a median price of S$2,523 per square foot (psf). This was followed by Treasure at Tampines which sold 70 units at a median S$1,320 psf, and Parc Botannia which sold 60 units at a median S$1296 psf.

"Moving forward, many developers are expected to fast-track their launches ahead of the lunar seventh month. Some newly launched or upcoming launches include the 1,468-unit Parc Clematis, 820-unit EC Piermont Grand, 188-unit Haus on Handy, and 186-unit View at Kismis."

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

I think its more of getting the right property as soon as possible.

You can kangchoing spider and buy, yet when come to selling, kanna stuck.

Buy only property where one would live in and not go with hype would be a better strategy. Never buy on fear .

I get you ... not just right property, dun kanchiong spider ... right entry timing too

So when is the right time? ... only one to know when is best for oneself [;)][:p]

• Praise 3

Sales are still brisk...

Amazing, and is 2000 psf going to be the new norm???

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/new-private-homes-highest-june-sales-freehold-condos-popular-11721044

If city area I think is already is at 2kpsf.

When the interest rate drop by 0.5% or more plus people realise what the new development offer there will be a new mad rush...

Next most important forward data is that those who had bought HDB in 2013 to 2016 have their HDBs meet MOP. By completion rate, we are looking at something like 15,000 units every year.

A third will mean 5000 units; a fifth will mean 3,000 units of base demand.

Interesting opinion. It seems that one of the selling points for JUI is the big balcony space. For the bigger units even the mbr has its own balcony!

selling point? hahahaha

Not all condos approve the installation of outdoor blinds though
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1