Singapore Private Property prices still up or down? Part III

pChou

Supercharged

Apartments usually have a small pool, a small gym and a tiny BBQ pit at the minimum.

It is surprising that condos are cutting back on facilities and yet selling at ever higher prices.

actually sometimes i am lost in the rules of classification....example: rivergate condo have al the facilities and by no means small, yet classfied as apartment by propertyguru.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Don't say installation of blinds...some won't even allow you to put a drying rack at the balcony.

Occasionally I need to be the middle man between tenant and the MCST when they use a drying rack for their clothes at the balcony.

And people still think agent job is just viewing and closing.

most likely the condo happened to have an overzealous condo manager or old schooled condo council members who walks around looking for such minor infarction. 

i have seen quite a few condo seal up their open balcony with those smart windows or blinds....

last time when i wanted to install drying rack at the external facade of my yard area, i also bo chap, just install.

most times if bother to ask, will not be approved.  because all condo managers also err on the side of caution.  rather tell us  cannot, than tell us can.

Supercharged
(edited)

new launches with smaller unit sizes still good uptake

there is a limit on the pfs and quantum, to a certain point, it cannot rise much further in short term

resale looks more subdued

usually brand new will move first.  this one is just human nature......they prefer something new and reasoned that it is the warranty.

that's not to say resale will not appreciate.  they still will, but will always take a longer time than first hand.  the older the condo, the longer time it needs to do catch up.  the basis is that after first hand units are sold at high price, there will be some value seekers preferring to buy resale because the psf is considerably lower.

i have seen average psf of some resale condos slowly creep up.  example melville park used to be selling about 500psf on average, now it has gone up to 6xx psf or 7xxpsf

Edited by Acemundo
  • Praise 3

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/allgreen-properties-launch-juniper-hill-july-13

Allgreen Properties to launch Juniper Hill on July 13

(The 115-unit, exclusive residential development on Ewe Boon Road is the second project to be launched under the developer’s Bukit Timah Collection. A first phase of 52 units will be released for sale)

Property Prices will eventually go up but would still depend on different factors. But as time goes by properties usually appreciate in value so it's best to buy now to avoid price surge.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

Keep cash for 10 years, 700K buying power now is about 300-400K nia.

Really better?

wah guru....can share how much after tax returns your multi million properties are generating?

cash always loses to inflation lah...no need to say one

:a-good:  :D 

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

alot of free hold condo meh ? dont really see many projects lel .... many dev also keeping the FD status in their pocket , and offer burn-a-hold status for you :XD:

GLS only LH ... FH becoming rare, recent all from enbloc fever.

Those FH status but sell as LH can avoid, future wanna enbloc huat at discretion of developer, ahgong should put a stop to this and not be allowed.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/new-private-homes-see-highest-june-sales-6-years-more-snapping-freehold-condos

New private homes see highest June sales in 6 years; more snapping up freehold condos

"The uptrend is expected to continue as more freehold units will be launched in the coming months,"

"It is rare to have a good selection of premium, freehold projects being launched at choice locations. This could be a good opportunity for buyers to snag a freehold property; otherwise they may have to wait for the next collective sales cycle that is likely to take place many years down the road,"

• Praise 5

Maybe we can do MCF meet up there at same time at Amara hotel [laugh]  , we can purchase a few square foot of land, surely @angcheek interested buy with me , got kopi with some kueh or not there :D ??  

Ok OK back to topic

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/property/good-class-bungalow-at-belmont-road-up-for-auction-in-mortgagee-sale-with-42m
Good class bungalow in Belmont Road up for auction in mortgagee sale with $42m guide price

• Praise 4

GLS only LH ... FH becoming rare, recent all from enbloc fever.

Those FH status but sell as LH can avoid, future wanna enbloc huat at discretion of developer, ahgong should put a stop to this and not be allowed.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/new-private-homes-see-highest-june-sales-6-years-more-snapping-freehold-condos

New private homes see highest June sales in 6 years; more snapping up freehold condos

Ya lor .... when free does not mean free
  • Praise 8

Hypersonic

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/real-estate/small-district-9-condo-sold-in-2019s-first-residential-collective-sale

Small District 9 condo sold in 2019's first residential collective sale

A SMALL District 9 apartment building has broken a more than six-month silence in the residential collective sale market.

The five-unit Sophia View was sold in June in Singapore to a private investor.

Marketing agent SRI declined to reveal the exact price tag coughed up but said each unit will get about S$2 million.

Sophia View, at 108 Sophia Road, is zoned residential and has a plot ratio of 2.1

the buyer is purchasing it in his own name and is "keeping his options open". The buyer will later evaluate whether he wants to redevelop the land or submit for potential change of use.

"Essentially for this investor, he sees the potential upside of the area and value of the land and is taking a long-term view of the market."

• Praise 6

Hypersonic

Maybe we can do MCF meet up there at same time at Amara hotel [laugh] , we can purchase a few square foot of land, surely @angcheek interested buy with me , got kopi with some kueh or not there :D ??

Ok OK back to topic

Group buy? [laugh] sounds fun. Many psf cannot afford, a few square foot of land still can.

If workable then let me know :D

I think should have some refreshments, no buy but we can still MCF meet there for the free kopi/kueh? [sly][:p]

Ya lor .... when free does not mean free

• Praise 7

Today we wonder why our parents did not get a piece of landed 30 years ago (any size based on their Budget and affordability).

We also wonder today why some of us did not grab any good freehold ten years ago.

Thirty years later for those who skipped the opportunity of our time, our children will also wonder why we did not opt for a LH private property (any size or location based on one’s Budget and affordability).

↡ Advertisement