Singapore Private Property prices still up or down? Part III

pChou

Hypersonic

wah.... hindsight 20/20

there was a time when people said that singapore won’t make it... but we did

there was a time when troubles seemed too much for us to take... but we did

what if you bought the land during those times but we didn’t make it? then today you won’t even be wondering

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

if you dont have a FH on hand now, blame your laopeh

if your kid dont have a FH on hand then, blame grand peh

if you dont buy now ... blame sky moon and star ... [laugh]

Edited by Wt_know

There's a nice HDB flat in Tiong Bahru, that I drive by often, and I always feel a tinge of regret for not getting it - complaining that it was expensive back when 400k for a place next to a MRT seemed expensive...

But I've been blessed with other homes, and many other things, and the love, warmth and joy provided by a good wife, and a meaningful job. 

Just like many things or people, some things aren't meant to be and it's ok. Enjoy what we have and that's enough  [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

(edited)

sam hui gor said

命里有时终须有

命里无时莫强求

but property cheongster said ... that’s AH Q thinking ... LOL

Edited by Wt_know

(edited)

With the property structured this way, the odds are ever in your favour.

Don’t let the fruits go to foreigners.

Which piece of land bought 30 years ago in any country lost money today? Or for that matter, which private property?

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 2

(edited)

actually sometimes i am lost in the rules of classification....example: rivergate condo have al the facilities and by no means small, yet classfied as apartment by propertyguru.

The classification between condo and apartment is set by URA.  The main criteria is

The condominium is one of the most common type of private estate in Singapore. ... While the definition of a condominium is pretty similar to what an apartment estate consists of, the key difference lies in the total land area of a condominium development which needs to be at least 4,000 square metres or larger.Sep 14, 2015

Another important difference is

They have different setback requirement from boundaries for a given height. Apartment is less. Condo requires more setback.  Basically setback is how close another development can be build right next to you.  Condo has a bigger buffer.

I found out about all these as  the condo I bought recently ....arhmm  should be apartment I bought recently got me curious as it is classify as apartment despite having full range of facilities and it is fairly large development of slightly over 500 units with 2 towers over 20 storeys.

So an apartment development doesnt mean it has less or no facilities or the gym or pool is tiny.

For all purpose it is a technicality and when caveat is lodged it will reflect as "apartment"  , to most people they will still think of it as condo.

However it is good to know, coz if there is an empty plot of land next to you, it may very mean they can build very close to you.

Edited by Weezersg
  • Praise 8

Today we wonder why our parents did not get a piece of landed 30 years ago (any size based on their Budget and affordability).

We also wonder today why some of us did not grab any good freehold ten years ago.

Thirty years later for those who skipped the opportunity of our time, our children will also wonder why we did not opt for a LH private property (any size or location based on oneâs Budget and affordability).

30 years later ...... will there be any chewren around?? I mean really “local indigenous” true blue singaporeans -3 rd or 4th/5th Gen kiddos ??........ we might be last of the Mohicans
  • Praise 2

30 years later ...... will there be any chewren around?? I mean really “local indigenous” true blue singaporeans -3 rd or 4th/5th Gen kiddos ??........ we might be last of the Mohicans

That will be tough to find true blue Singaporeans because you need to trace back to Sang Nila Utama times when pirates still roamed the seas around Singapore. Then, you can probably buy the whole plantation land for $10  [laugh] 

• Praise 1

Twincharged

most likely the condo happened to have an overzealous condo manager or old schooled condo council members who walks around looking for such minor infarction.

i have seen quite a few condo seal up their open balcony with those smart windows or blinds....

last time when i wanted to install drying rack at the external facade of my yard area, i also bo chap, just install.

most times if bother to ask, will not be approved. because all condo managers also err on the side of caution. rather tell us cannot, than tell us can.

Some council members just like power to lord it over all. To me is small balls syndrome. Never had the power and authority in real life so seek to use powers as MCST to clamp down on this and that.

Almost all got hidden agenda. Serve for free for the good of the condo? My big fat foot! No different to grassroots!

• Praise 1

That will be tough to find true blue Singaporeans because you need to trace back to Sang Nila Utama times when pirates still roamed the seas around Singapore. Then, you can probably buy the whole plantation land for $10 [laugh]

Sang Nila time the Lions owned Singapore, we are the squatters
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

30 years later ...... will there be any chewren around?? I mean really âlocal indigenousâ true blue singaporeans -3 rd or 4th/5th Gen kiddos ??........ we might be last of the Mohicans

Order less cai png may increase chance
  • Praise 5

interest fall further means more cheap money to whack property? [sly][laugh]

Lots of bad news in economy huh. Let’s hope the interest rates start falling, else....

wah.... hindsight 20/20

there was a time when people said that singapore won’t make it... but we did

there was a time when troubles seemed too much for us to take... but we did

what if you bought the land during those times but we didn’t make it? then today you won’t even be wondering

post-29998-0-35298400-1563324771_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Lots of bad news in economy huh. Letâs hope the interest rates start falling, else....

The bank interest rates already started falling over last few months, even fixed 3 years currently can find within 1.9% to 2.2% easily.

The highest they seemed to threaten was as predicted near OA rates at 2.6%.

Turbocharged

The bank interest rates already started falling over last few months, even fixed 3 years currently can find within 1.9% to 2.2% easily.

The highest they seemed to threaten was as predicted near OA rates at 2.6%.

Sibor never fall much leh

(edited)

Sibor never fall much leh

Sibor rates mah. It will track US Fed interest rate closely with a bit of lag. Once Fed rates drop, it will follow.

Fixed rates are really around those levels mentioned.

Edited by Showster

Turbocharged
(edited)

I don't own a condo. But my take is a development without a gym = Apartment.

It's not a "condominium"

Granted most condos don't even have tennis court nowadays due to limited area, but that one is still a luxury of space.

Even some apartments will have pool.

Legally I think to be condo, it’s not about gym, more like where you can built up to. A lot of developments in city are apartment because they want to maximise the space.

Some apartments have Swimming pool gym plus tennis court.

Edited by Wind30
↡ Advertisement