Power supply (wire) after engine is off?

AXO_vampire

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Want to install a light that light up (got maybe 30 sec to one minute only) after switching off engine or when door is open. Any idea where can i tap power from? First came to mind is from cabin door light switch. But the light i want to install is in the engine bay, so its quite a long route to the engine bay. Wondering if any advise where can i tap power from?

Edited by AXO_vampire
↡ Advertisement

not sure what car you driving, but most fuse boxes are in front of the car, and mostly under the driver side on the dashboard.

if you can find the fuse that goes to your cabin light, then you can tap from there.

if not, you can tap the ignition fuse and use some sort of delay timer relay + a reverse relay together to get a ON output for your 30 seconds when your ignition just turn off?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

not sure what car you driving, but most fuse boxes are in front of the car, and mostly under the driver side on the dashboard.

if you can find the fuse that goes to your cabin light, then you can tap from there.

if not, you can tap the ignition fuse and use some sort of delay timer relay + a reverse relay together to get a ON output for your 30 seconds when your ignition just turn off?

I am driving honda vezel. Didnt know there is a fuse for the headlight. Haha.

You mentioned about relay, and now i am thinking if it could be one of the relay in the fuse box. Do you have any idea how to test or identify it or anyone know? Example which icon on the fuse box?

Edited by AXO_vampire

I am driving honda vezel. Didnt know there is a fuse for the headlight. Haha.

You mentioned about relay, and now i am thinking if it could be one of the relay in the fuse box. Do you have any idea how to test or identify it or anyone know? Example which icon on the fuse box?

May I suggest you bring the car to a mechanic in any accessories shop so that your car can be professionally wired or at least done in the correct manner? You seem to be clueless and that would be dangerous. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

May I suggest you bring the car to a mechanic in any accessories shop so that your car can be professionally wired or at least done in the correct manner? You seem to be clueless and that would be dangerous.

I am clueless about where to tap the wire, but wiring wise should be alright for me. I wired in car entertainment with 2 amps by myself as well.
↡ Advertisement