Advice on car accident (car reversed into me)

_Sam_

So to complete the story, the other driver did make good on her word and traveled down to the workshop to pay for the repairs. We also both signed a private settlement form to close the case.

Since she was sincere about the repairs, I didnt follow the workshop's recommendation to replace the entire bumper just because of a small dent. I just told them to knock out the dent and respray the affected area. For the price they charged to replace the entire bumper, I could have bought 3 of the same bumpers in JB (with installation) and still have change. The labour costs in SG is ridiculously exorbitant.

I collected my car today after 3 days down time, the front now looks and feels like new after the respray!

Good to hear your ride is all looking good and new. [thumbsup]   At least she is sincere and paid up with no fuss, also nice and honest of you to do the minimal rather than try to "slaught" the other party. Do good and good will always come back to you in unexpected ways. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Glad u reported to your insurer as it's a must, irregardless whether claiming or private settlement.

A dishonest driver reversed into my sister's car in mscp, glad that she reported to her insurer as that dishonest driver reported his car was hit from behind. Car camera shows the truth and has reprted to police for his lying.

Sister was kind and Wanted to give him option for private settlement but he thought he had the upper hand and went unscrupulous.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Glad u reported to your insurer as it's a must, irregardless whether claiming or private settlement.

A dishonest driver reversed into my sister's car in mscp, glad that she reported to her insurer as that dishonest driver reported his car was hit from behind. Car camera shows the truth and has reprted to police for his lying.

Sister was kind and Wanted to give him option for private settlement but he thought he had the upper hand and went unscrupulous.

Seriously, even with almost 99.9% of the cars in the city running with 24 X 7 cameras, somebody dare pull this stunt? Can't be more childish than this!

• Praise 1

Seriously, even with almost 99.9% of the cars in the city running with 24 X 7 cameras, somebody dare pull this stunt? Can't be more childish than this!

Some people just wanna try luck. Hope he tio gaolat one.

• Praise 1

Some people just wanna try luck. Hope he tio gaolat one.

Can't agree more...there is a 50% chance that he would go scot free and there is no harm in giving it a try what! After all, its not government property/money he is dealing with and so can flip flop prata as much as he wants!!!

If there aren't any big damages then don't apply to any insurance and just get the money for reparations go to a local service and paint the place that have been damaged. I don't think that you would like to have a car accident in your car history, especially if it's such minor because afterwards when you will want to sell your car you will have to explain a lot that it wasn't anything serious, but just a small injury in oxnard. Of course, all the insurance companies will tell you that it will be better to address to them, but trust me that you will have more to complain afterwards if you will address to an insurance company.

Edited by Mariusloh

Bro Sam, 

I recently accident also. Front suddenly halt, I jam brake but couldn't stop in time even though I have enough braking distance. Bang a vezel at the back. My bumper drop the vezel 5th door dented. Reported ntuc also, now no need to go ubi there call the hotline the motorbike come down in 10 min. 

But I kuku cos my first langgar. So I wait next day cos I tot sun the hotline close 😂

Anyway now just waiting for call if the lady claim me or not. 

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Mancypher said:

Bro Sam, 

I recently accident also. Front suddenly halt, I jam brake but couldn't stop in time even though I have enough braking distance. Bang a vezel at the back. My bumper drop the vezel 5th door dented. Reported ntuc also, now no need to go ubi there call the hotline the motorbike come down in 10 min. 

But I kuku cos my first langgar. So I wait next day cos I tot sun the hotline close 😂

Just curious - was it Lane 1?

8 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Just curious - was it Lane 1?

No. Lane 4 in cte. But was last Sun. Just checked my letterbox the lady claim against me liao. 

23 hours ago, Mancypher said:

Bro Sam, 

Sorry to hear that bro @Mancypher. Hope no one is injured. TBH getting into an accident is a super stressful situation cause you dont know what the other party will claim against you. Lagi-worse if you are at fault or got injuries.

Since you have already let NTUC income handle, do let us know on the progress. Although can only see the bumper damage, be sure to check for any steering and suspension issues when you get your car back. If the force is enough to drop the bumper and damage the other car's back door, the suspension and steering might be affected too. Last thing we want is to drive an uncontrollable car.

15 hours ago, Mancypher said:

No. Lane 4 in cte. But was last Sun. Just checked my letterbox the lady claim against me liao. 

You follow too closely or diving at above speed limit? Lane four generally pretty slow speed. Should has time to react.

Let insurance handle it.

1 hour ago, _Sam_ said:

Sorry to hear that bro @Mancypher. Hope no one is injured. TBH getting into an accident is a super stressful situation cause you dont know what the other party will claim against you. Lagi-worse if you are at fault or got injuries.

Since you have already let NTUC income handle, do let us know on the progress. Although can only see the bumper damage, be sure to check for any steering and suspension issues when you get your car back. If the force is enough to drop the bumper and damage the other car's back door, the suspension and steering might be affected too. Last thing we want is to drive an uncontrollable car.

Saw the letter yesterday she claim me. 

I went workshop to re-sit my bumper 1 day downtime. Checked other parts no damage. Which make me wonder is vezel door so soft meh? Cos my bumper not even a dent. Only the chrome Grille crack. 

52 minutes ago, Kopites said:

You follow too closely or diving at above speed limit? Lane four generally pretty slow speed. Should has time to react.

Let insurance handle it.

Was about 1.5 car length. Not even at 60kph. I was perhaps distracted by the merc beside me having bad lane discipline. Keep entering lane marking and into my lane. Next thing I know jam brake, bang. 

Moments of lapse in concentration is indeed a recipe for accident. 

I too learnt the hard way. Haiz.... Split second is all it takes. 

• Praise 3

Sounds like people here need AEB.

Perodua here got big lobang for you.

Perodua got no image but they have the technology.

Exploit it lah.

:D

37 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Sounds like people here need AEB.

Perodua here got big lobang for you.

Perodua got no image but they have the technology.

Exploit it lah.

• Praise 1

Adaptive cruise control but only when no cars are in front?

So confusing ad.

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

• Haha! 1