How to tell if someone is high or low class?

I only uses the word "high class" as sarcastic word to my friend.... [laugh]

Everytime we have a gathering, the "high class" one will always last to arrive...

When he arrived, sure have wind :o

Then I will shout loud... Wah, the "high class" one come liao!

But don't know why, he feel very happy when I am so sarcastic...  :a-bang:

Maybe he like my "compliment".. :XD:

Oops... hope he don't see MCF.. [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Whether u Low class or high class can’t escape 5 highs

1) blood pressure

2) Uric Acid

3) cholesterols

4) stress

google says one:

Definition and examples. The upper class refers to the richest people in society. ... ” a social group consisting of the people who have the highest social rank and who are usually rich.” Apart from being the wealthiest people in society, people in this classalso wield the greatest political power.

Actually upper class and high class are different definitions.

Upper or lower class is a social status.

High class or low class is a behavioral trait for the lack of a better term.

You can be in the upper class (rich or Fu er dai) but your behaviour can be low class (like bullying people of lower class).

And again class is subjective. An ah beng can be classy to an ah lian but to a socialite, an ah beng is crass.

讲不完的啦

• Praise 5

Actually upper class and high class are different definitions.

Upper or lower class is a social status.

High class or low class is a behavioral trait for the lack of a better term.

You can be in the upper class (rich or Fu er dai) but your behaviour can be low class (like bullying people of lower class).

And again class is subjective. An ah beng can be classy to an ah lian but to a socialite, an ah beng is crass.

讲不完的啦

totally agreed  [thumbsup]

one man's paradise another man's prison   :a-toast:

• Praise 1

Instead of high or low class, to me there are 5 classes in Singapore (retirees, students and tai tai not included):

1) The Beyonders - the Wee, Ng, Kwek and Lim, etc.

2) Upper class - those with GCB > 40m, yachts, helicopters and/or jets. 

3) Middle-upper class - those whose monthly income (from profit share, from assets, business or salary) approximates the annual salary of working class (upper range). These people could also be leveraging to buy bigger classed assets. May potentially own smaller GCB.

4) Working class - generally those who work for a salary to fulfill their mortgages and other loan obligations, like car loans.

5) Those who are not working and not by choice. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Weez911 said:

Instead of high or low class, to me there are 5 classes in Singapore (retirees, students and tai tai not included):

1) The Beyonders - the Wee, Ng, Kwek and Lim, etc.

2) Upper class - those with GCB > 40m, yachts, helicopters and/or jets. 

3) Middle-upper class - those whose monthly income (from profit share, from assets, business or salary) approximates the annual salary of working class (upper range). These people could also be leveraging to buy bigger classed assets. May potentially own smaller GCB.

4) Working class - generally those who work for a salary to fulfill their mortgages and other loan obligations, like car loans.

5) Those who are not working and not by choice. 

That puts me at 5. Confirmed

21 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

That puts me at 5. Confirmed

You don't satisfy not by choice leh.

Edited by Weez911

On 7/20/2019 at 1:02 PM, Lala81 said:

For me, i feel classy applies more to ladies. 

Some ladies have feminine elegance. And can see they are really brought up well  :wub:  

I can see what you mean.

All these ladies very hi class one.

:wub:

image.thumb.png.a1ef80cf6cfdc5496945b77c9fd38b39.png

image.png.587bab93d4f386c71565ed94ed994976.png

She even wear a crown so must be hi class right?

image.png.844e69ddabdbee7d0a2d20a185e2c0ea.png

• Haha! 1

To me, high class or low class is a behavioral trait. Period.

One who is kind, considerate and put others above themselves will always be high class.

One who is selfish, only thinks of his own convenience/benefit,  anger issues,  abusive etc will always be low class.

In life, you will just get back what you put out.  

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 8

On 10/10/2020 at 12:57 PM, Jamesc said:

Pri 1 is the lowest and Pri 6 is the highest

A is the smallest and F is the biggest.

I from Pri 6F.

I highest class one.

:grin:

For Fuel Tank, E means Enough and F means Finish.

• Haha! 2

On 10/10/2020 at 3:03 PM, Throttle2 said:

I not by choice leh. I was retrenched 😪

cannot find job since 2015

now lagi jialat

U in the O&G sector ah ? If yes, always made a pile lor when crude touch USD148

https://tnp.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/resident-upset-delivery-woman-sorting-parcels-void-deck

dinodeck.jpg?itok=PZybVLoj

Stomper Ho said this has been happening "daily from around 9am to late noon" for months.

"She receives the parcels from a Dino Express van," said the Stomper, who shared photos of the woman surrounded by parcels spread out on the floor of a void deck with a man standing near her.

"She leaves her parcels in a cage locked in a common area and once even locked against a fire hydrant. The parcels’ info is all exposed and the items are placed under the rain and sunshine."

dino_2.jpg

The Stomper said she has informed the town council and MP, and has also called the police many times.

"The last call was last week and the officer told me it was not noise or a public nuisance, so it was not under their purview."

In response to a Stomp query, the administrative representative of Dino Express said: "Thank you for your feedback and information to let us know about these details.

"We will start making adjustments right away. We will arrange training courses this week to let every driver know how to work better and in a more standardised way.

"We apologise to the public for causing such a situation and hope you can give us a chance, we will definitely strengthen management and prevent such things from happening again."

49 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

https://tnp.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/resident-upset-delivery-woman-sorting-parcels-void-deck

dinodeck.jpg?itok=PZybVLoj

Stomper Ho said this has been happening "daily from around 9am to late noon" for months.

"She receives the parcels from a Dino Express van," said the Stomper, who shared photos of the woman surrounded by parcels spread out on the floor of a void deck with a man standing near her.

"She leaves her parcels in a cage locked in a common area and once even locked against a fire hydrant. The parcels’ info is all exposed and the items are placed under the rain and sunshine."

dino_2.jpg

The Stomper said she has informed the town council and MP, and has also called the police many times.

"The last call was last week and the officer told me it was not noise or a public nuisance, so it was not under their purview."

In response to a Stomp query, the administrative representative of Dino Express said: "Thank you for your feedback and information to let us know about these details.

"We will start making adjustments right away. We will arrange training courses this week to let every driver know how to work better and in a more standardised way.

"We apologise to the public for causing such a situation and hope you can give us a chance, we will definitely strengthen management and prevent such things from happening again."

why this become high or low class? high class people dun buy thing online? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2