Time to report errant PMD riders!

StreetFight3r

Girl, 3, hit by student on e-scooter who failed to slow down

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/girl-3-hit-by-student-who-failed-to-slow-down

Boy, 9, hurt by e-scooter while alighting from bus

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/boy-9-hurt-by-e-scooter-while-alighting-from-bus

guess LTA waiting for even more accidents to happen ....

Waiting to bang into gangster
↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Bang into somebody important or MPs confirm things will be done real quick.

Waiting to bang into gangster

• Praise 1

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/home/buying/vehicle-types-and-registrations/E-Scooters.html

i more concerned if i take picture, the fella buay song how.... will i be protected by the law or ask me ownself settle as civil case?

If you take me picture w/o permission, I "buay song" too, at least give the citizens some kind of token like food voucher or NTUC rewards incentives, nothing is free service providers if citizens going to help, People here are so stressed up with rising cost of living.

The main reason/s is thy cannot cope with the amount of PMD reported vandalisms case and the sheer number of reported to pedestrians on the walkway. Been there and done that.

2021...KNN.

By then, don’t know how many HDB flat kenna burn down liao.

i doubt the new standard will fix the fire issue

Hypersonic

Girl, 3, hit by student on e-scooter who failed to slow down

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/girl-3-hit-by-student-who-failed-to-slow-down

Boy, 9, hurt by e-scooter while alighting from bus

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/boy-9-hurt-by-e-scooter-while-alighting-from-bus

guess LTA waiting for even more accidents to happen ....

Really getting worse. Clearly whatever regulation and enforcement is not not working. And they are not following any best practice for safety for the public. Any process that has cause injuries or death has to be stopped pending investigation and improvement plans.  And not let it run while accident pile up.

Those active mobility committee and LTA should compensate for every injury caused  by PMD, since they are the root cause.

people ask for PMD ban cos of so many accidents and fires.

they give you app and ask you ownself take picture and report.

:darkmood:

I really don't understand why speed limiter cannot be enforced on all PMDs since we have registration now.

BTW, I thought deadline is over for registration? I still see many PMDs around without license plate, who is going to enforce?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

i doubt the new standard will fix the fire issue

I think so too. Many people don't appreciate the size of the battery and also the relative volatility of its chemistry. Leaving it charging overnight unattended and without even a thermal cutoff device is risky.

A properly certified battery would hopefully have a more secure casing, protective charging circuits, and also a thermal protection circuit to stop the charging process when overheat is detected.

Then again, even those lithium batteries for new generation aircraft like the 787 proved to be problematic when first introduced! Not to mention something less regulated like PMDs

• Praise 2

Can advise how to take down the registration number of the PMD? Must run after the bugger?

I still see PLENTY without number plates  :pissed-off:

• Praise 1

https://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/e-scooter-rider-jailed-after-injuring-senior-fleeing-scene

NP_20190719_PMD19CZUP_4988235.jpg?itok=E

If monkey like this wear ski mask and full face helmet, how do the authorities identify and arrest them? 

This monkey although fled after injuring two ppl he gave himself up later in the day. Save them a lot of trouble to search high and low looking for it (the monkey with the loser hand sign).

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Can advise how to take down the registration number of the PMD? Must run after the bugger?

This one gotta ask the LTA scholar that came up w this ingenious idea

Kena bang, clutching head or body in pain on the pavement floor, yet can whip out a handphone, go into the app, press take picture and be able to capture the registration number (which is only at the front btw) after the PMD has long sped away....

Truly ingenious. That's why MCFers who kpkb abt this are not scholar material

• Praise 1

LTA isnt the only one facing this problem. Major cities around the world are also facing the same problem. What we are facing is ikan billis compared to them. They have escooter sharing, lots of them. Even when they have a dedicated lane on the road for these pmd it's still a nuisance to many ppl.

Our pavement and roads just cannot accommodate this pmd thing. Imo it's still the mentality of the riders of the pmds that matters most. If they cannot change it will only make matters worse.

My points are that

a) I run around my estate twice a week at least, and there are a lot of PMD riders doing delivery or transiting through. Even at 9pm at night, i usually run past at least 10 riders within 2km (and I'm already picking a quiet route, if i do the ones closer to the central, easily about 15-20). And i think the vast majority of them are quite cautious and don't anyhow zoom past. 

B) The fire issue needs to be sorted out though. But can't see how it happens without an outright ban. Cos whether it's UL2272 or not, the batteries will age and eventually become a hazard. And some of these batteries are hidden, u may not note bloating etc.

C) I actually have a scooter which is not registered (thought my wife did it). But then it's not been used for more than 2 years already. She didn't register it as the charger is missing somewhere inside our home lol.

D) I still feel that PMD is a good thing to have in Singapore. If don't want to have PMD, Singaporeans have to give up food delivery options or at least accept that food delivery services will confirm die or become incredibly expensive. Cos in singapore weather, no abang is going to keep cycling and cycling  + scooters/motorcycles cost a pretty penny.

• Praise 3

(edited)

If PMDs aren't so useful, u won't see such widespread adoption.

Things like drones are just toys for 99% of people.

But for PMDs, there will be very widespread unhappiness especially for the lower income groups, if there is a blanket ban.

Edited by Lala81

But personally have seen many PMDs going at high speeds on pavements... if need to go fast (travelling somewhere a bit further away) not sure why they are not allowed on the roads like bicycles are? Personally cycle quite a bit and always go on the roads to avoid people unless i'm just going somewhere nearby in my neighbourhood

Hypersonic

But personally have seen many PMDs going at high speeds on pavements... if need to go fast (travelling somewhere a bit further away) not sure why they are not allowed on the roads like bicycles are? Personally cycle quite a bit and always go on the roads to avoid people unless i'm just going somewhere nearby in my neighbourhood

U want PMDs to be on the roads?

Must be kidding right?

↡ Advertisement