Something to get off my Chest About Mercedes Cars

Heartlander

I think cruise control not very useful in Singapore.

exactly i find alot of new function in the car. they put for the sake of innovative. serve no real purpose.

and many driver dun even know they exist. 

↡ Advertisement

Well imagine people mistake your S class for a C class.

However, it would be extremely flattering for them to mistake your C class for a S class [laugh]

Yes. It's the brand's design language and identity and it should apply across the entire range for each generation of cars. All the big brands do it. It might look the same from the smallest to the biggest, but there are enough differences to set them apart.

For MB, the S class cars set the tone for every generation and then filter through the entire range from there. To see a new design language take place, you will have to wait for the new S class. Not just face-lift. It has always been like that.

• Praise 2

Well imagine people mistake your S class for a C class.

However, it would be extremely flattering for them to mistake your C class for a S class [laugh]

i think those ppl that would  buy s class wont be bother about that loh.

a few s class owner that i know (all uncle) buy it for the comfort, quiteness 

(only lexus can match ) 

then they buy c class for their kids

• Praise 2

Maybe, maybe not... I was referring to spotting cars on the road... they probably won't be there to hear it from the spotter's mouth [laugh]

i think those ppl that would  buy s class wont be bother about that loh.

a few s class owner that i know (all uncle) buy it for the comfort, quiteness 

(only lexus can match ) 

then they buy c class for their kids

(edited)

call me old-fashioned but i like this interior best.

Should have put your time correct ( period correct )watch to match in the picture too ..... Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 8

Twincharged

Should have put your time correct ( period correct )watch to match in the picture too .....

• Praise 3

Supersonic

If lunch & dinner everyday eat same chicken rice, no matter how delicious one finds it, sure sainz in no time

Would you tell this to your wife?

wah ... for me, dealing with a teenager, a pre-teen and a kindergartener every day probably delayed my brain degeneration until 70 years old at least

[hur]  :D

Wah.

Maybe soon you will also have to deal with an infant? Then will be 90 year old brain already.

Supersonic

Would you tell this to your wife?

Wah.

Maybe soon you will also have to deal with an infant? Then will be 90 year old brain already.

Your wife chicken rice meh?
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

No. But logic can be the same.

Actually I eat practically the same stuff every weekend. My wife asks if I don't get bored and wanna try something else. My response to her is that she better hope I don't get bored otherwise I might get bored of her too  [laugh]

• Praise 3

If lunch & dinner everyday eat same chicken rice, no matter how delicious one finds it, sure sainz in no time

His marginal utility toward mercedes has diminished lol
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Definitely. But i am not sure if this common design across the models concept, has it been there all the while?

Will it not dilute the excitement for consumers over the next facelift of any models, knowing that it will look almost the same as the first models adopting the new design language? And will it not affect people buying different models, why buy from Mercedes if look the same internally?

To me it is either the engineers are brilliant or plain lazy, depending on your perspective haha.

Kids born from same Father and Mother looks alike la.. most if not all “higher end “ Brand’s like that la.. u see condos after awhile also look alike.. go marina cbd almost all building blue.. u look at trees all green Edited by BenTong
  • Praise 1

on that note, most on the spectrum, spelt ASPERGES, also stick to same pattern one, and never change. 

Thus, this could perhaps explain his behavior here and the various angle he posts.  Albeit mild, it does manifest consistently...

• Praise 2

Speaking of changing for sake of changing. I find a lot of new design of controls that seem to be a step back.

E.g changing fan speed or adjust temp is easily done in one step - just turn the knob or press up/down button. New design need to navigate a screen to climate control selection, then change fan speed. After which nagivate again to another selection to adjust temp. Takes up more time, more steps so where is the ergonomics?

This one is manufacturer issue liao. Haha.

At least for bmw and volvo, still very straightforward. Bmw/mini still has seperate climate controls and for volvo, even tho on screen, but the button for climate will always be shown regardless which function you are in.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Nowadays buying from the big 3 German ( Merc, Audi , BMW ) is like buying clothes . 

Comes in a few sizes S , M , L , XL .

A3 macam A4 , A4 macam A6 , C class macam E , 3 series macam 5 . 

Lexus also seems to be following suit with ES looking like a mini LS . Or shall I say the LS is a bigger version of the ES ?  [rolleyes]

• Praise 5

Cost cutting measure.

Common parts bin.

Like some Korean cosmetic surgeons using the same template.

:D

“A customer can have a car painted any color he wants as long as it’s black”

Henry Ford said this in 1909.. Very far-sighted indeed

• Praise 1

Mercedes is doing what bmw and audi is doing, same design for all model but diff size, pricing and features. That would save design fee and create a more standardised distinctive look

Lexus as well. I thinks its acceptable for common brand identity.

↡ Advertisement